Windows 10: Black screen on camera app even though webcam is fully functional

Discus and support Black screen on camera app even though webcam is fully functional in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The camera app is showing a completely black screen I've tried shining a light into it even though the webcam is working properly. I can take... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BobBrindly, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Black screen on camera app even though webcam is fully functional

The camera app is showing a completely black screen I've tried shining a light into it even though the webcam is working properly. I can take pictures/videos with it and the image is perfectly fine. I have tried updating the drivers, they were at the latest version though. I'm not going to reinstall windows or anything to fix this, so don't suggest that.

I can use other apps, iSpy and the camera shows an image, the sound is also working btw, so it's a problem with the camera app.

:)

BobBrindly, Feb 4, 2021

2. BLACK SCREEN CAMERA

Hi everyone,

I have a laptop TOSHIBA SATELLITE P755-S5320 with camera integrated.

when I open the camera application to take a picture, it shows a black screen with an error message, as on the picture attached.

I tried some research that sent me to the DEVICE MANAGE. But in the there the webcam device is not even present.

I tried the bellow steps unsuccessfully

If your camera isn't found in Device Manager, first try using the camera with a different port on your device. If that doesn't work, try these steps:

1. In Device Manager, on the Action  menu, select  Scan for hardware changes. Wait for it to scan and reinstall updated drivers, restart your computer, and then try opening the Camera app again.
    1. If your webcam still doesn’t work, visit the webcam manufacturer’s website.
    I also tried the bellow steps unsuccessfully

1. Select Start > File Explorer.
    2. In File Explorer, select This PC, and then select your OS disk, usually called OSDisk (CBlack screen on camera app even though webcam is fully functional :).
    3. Under Home, select New folder, and then type Camera Roll as the name of the new folder.
    4. Press and hold (or right-click) the Camera Roll folder you just created, and then select Include in library > Camera Roll.
    5. Try taking a picture. If you see the same error message, try the next solution.
    Could please someone help me?

Thanks.

It also doesn't work in applications or websites that require access to the camera. It still doesn't work even though, when turned on, my computer shows the message "Fotocamera attivata", which in Italian
    means "Camera activated". I have an Acer Swift 3 that i bought in December 2019. Could please someone help me?

Roussel Folas, Feb 4, 2021
  3. webcam

Hi Wendy,

This is a common concern when the camera is not plugged in properly. To further isolate the root cause, provide information on the following:

• Tell us more on what's happening when you try the camera. (black screen, no lights, no power, etc)
    • Is this happening on Skype only and not on other apps?
    • Tell us any troubleshooting steps you've done for us to avoid repeating it.

For now, we suggest following Skype's support article regarding this type of concerns.

We'll wait for your response.

All the best.

Roberto Ven, Feb 4, 2021
  4. Black screen on camera app even though webcam is fully functional

735 Camera function disabled

I have a new 735. If I try to open the Camera I get a black screen with the icons for single photo, burst mode and video but then nothing happens - just a black screen.

If I open Lumia Camera, the screen flickers and then reverts to the apps list. sometimes a brief message appears stating that Camera function is disabled.

I have tried uninstalling the app and then installing again. I have tried turning phone off and back on. I have a 635 (which has a working camera) and have checked that all settings are the same.

Whatever I do, there is no success.

Any suggestions before I return phone unit to supplier?

BrendanMulligan, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

Black screen on camera app even though webcam is fully functional

1. Black screen on camera app even though webcam is fully functional - Similar Threads - Black screen camera

2. Screen black, and incorrect Microsoft password even though it is correct

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen black, and incorrect Microsoft password even though it is correct: Hi, I have a Lenovo ideapad 330 , and got a black screen on startup, i only get the Lenovo logo then it goes blank. I tried several solutions online but the screen is still black. I tried entering safe mode but the screen is still black and can’t do anything. I tried entering...
  3. Screen black, and incorrect Microsoft password even though it is correct

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screen black, and incorrect Microsoft password even though it is correct: Hi, I have a Lenovo ideapad 330 , and got a black screen on startup, i only get the Lenovo logo then it goes blank. I tried several solutions online but the screen is still black. I tried entering safe mode but the screen is still black and can’t do anything. I tried entering...
  4. Default Webcam For Camera App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Webcam For Camera App: Is there a way to actually set a default webcam for the camera app? Please, don't tell me to disable devices or anything. I want to SELECT A CAMERA THAT DOESN'T SHOW IN DEVICES AND PRINTERS. This is crazy that I can't select an OBS Studio virtual webcam. It's like the most...
  5. Webcam - Microsoft camera app

Webcam - Microsoft camera app: I am running the latest Windows 10 Home 64 bit. Winver says it is Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.804, and assures me that it is licensed. The Windows Camera App did not come pre-installed as part of any version or update of Windows 10, including this one. I have tried repeatedly...
  6. Webcam not recognized by Camera App

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam not recognized by Camera App: The Webcam I currently use is recognized is not recognized by the Camera App or any Browser. For some reason it works in Skype and Discord. The Error Message in the Windows Camera app is: 0xA00F4288 <AllCamerasAreReserved> I have no idea why this is happening. It happens...
  7. black screen on camera app

black screen on camera app: my camera on my HP laptop is not working - just have a black screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-on-camera-app/6f0e70d8-d3a7-4a28-ad76-49e532c15543
  8. Black screen in webcam

Black screen in webcam: Good day! I am the owner of a laptop MSI GL73 8RC. There are no problems, for lack of one, in the built-in Windows applications, like Skype, the camera, instead of the image I get a black screen (although the indicator on the webcam lights up), and in the application the...
  9. Laptop webcam shows only a black screen in Camera / Skype apps

Laptop webcam shows only a black screen in Camera / Skype apps: So I just got a new laptop (MSI GE73 8RF) and noticed that the webcam doesn't seem to show any image in apps, only shows a black screen. The weird thing is it works perfectly fine on sites like www.onlinemictest.com/webcam-test/ but not on any of the Windows apps. Skype also...
  10. Camera app - webcams only?

Camera app - webcams only?: Is the Windows 10 camera app only for webcams or something? I tried connecting my Canon IXUS 95IS and Windows detects it properly but the Camera app doesn't. 58062