Windows 10: Black screen on certain apps.

Discus and support Black screen on certain apps. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Certain apps like Microsoft Edge and discord won't show anything when opened while the laptop is plugged to power outlet but, starts fine when on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mohammed Raashid, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Black screen on certain apps.

Certain apps like Microsoft Edge and discord won't show anything when opened while the laptop is plugged to power outlet but, starts fine when on battery. I think the app is running because I could close the app by clicking on the estimated position of the close button but nothing is displayedblack window. The app won't display anything even if I disconnect it from power once I open it in plugged in state. Likewise the app will function normally if I open one tab before plugging to power outlet. The device I use is Dell G5 15 SE AMD R5 4600h with RX 5600M and 8 GB ram. I don't think I can control how apps open i.e. if it start using integrated or discrete GPU because of AMD Smart Switch. Any fix?

:)

Mohammed Raashid, Oct 6, 2020

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Oct 6, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 6, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Black screen on certain apps.

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

Black screen on certain apps.

1. Black screen on certain apps. - Similar Threads - Black screen certain

2. Black screen when opening / closing certain fullscreen apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen when opening / closing certain fullscreen apps: I recently got a new monitor, and whenever I open or tab out of certain fullscreen apps, the screen goes black for a few seconds.It doesn't happen to every app in fullscreen. For example, when opening / closing minecraft, the screen does go black, but when I open a modded...
  3. Black screen when opening / closing certain fullscreen apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen when opening / closing certain fullscreen apps: I recently got a new monitor, and whenever I open or tab out of certain fullscreen apps, the screen goes black for a few seconds.It doesn't happen to every app in fullscreen. For example, when opening / closing minecraft, the screen does go black, but when I open a modded...
  4. Black screen when opening / closing certain fullscreen apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Computer Screen Goes Black When in Certain Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Screen Goes Black When in Certain Apps: So every time I go into an app such as Unity or even a game my computer screen goes black and my pc becomes very loud. I do not think this is because my pc is bad because these apps used to work perfectly fine 7 months ago. Is this some sort of hardware issue?...
  6. Computer Screen Goes Black When in Certain Apps

Computer Screen Goes Black When in Certain Apps: So every time I go into an app such as Unity or even a game my computer screen goes black and my pc becomes very loud. I do not think this is because my pc is bad because these apps used to work perfectly fine 7 months ago. Is this some sort of hardware issue?...
  7. Screens Go Black When Opening Certain Apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screens Go Black When Opening Certain Apps: Over the course of the previous year, I've noticed that clicking off of Minecraft will cause everything to go black, and everything to disconnect from the computer. If I wait a few seconds, everything comes back and all is good. However, I've started to notice that this is...
  8. Black line appearing under certain apps

Black line appearing under certain apps: Hello,I recently restart my pc, after restarting all of my app data are deleted and got log out automatically. Certain apps which runs before restarting are now not responding. Some of the names are1CalculatorCameraCalenderFilms and TvMailsMapsMicrosoft storeMicrosoft...
  9. Black line appearing under certain apps

Black line appearing under certain apps: I have pretty new laptop used for 10 months. I restart my laptop and i got log out automatically from most of the apps Microsoft edge, Google chrome, Microsoft teams. gmail etc... However i fix this problem by signing in all of them but when opening any photos on my pc I am...
  10. Random black screen during certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random black screen during certain games: Hello, It seems that in some games my computer crushes at random. So far I've experienced it in PlanetSide 2 and Guildwars 2. I'm not the best at analyzing windows events and I couldn't seem to find related information to my crashes... As in crash I mean that the screens...