Windows 10: Black Screen on Full Screen

Discus and support Black Screen on Full Screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am incredibly frustrated by Microsoft's customer service as it seems like the people on the phone will answer questions even if they aren't correct.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MinaalFarrukh, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Black Screen on Full Screen

I am incredibly frustrated by Microsoft's customer service as it seems like the people on the phone will answer questions even if they aren't correct.

When I use my laptop and play a video in full screen from ANY browser and ANY website, the screen will black out.

I spoke to Microsoft and they had me roll back my display driver to the basic one. I REPEATEDLY ASKED IF THE BASIC ADAPTAR DRIVER WAS LOWER QUALITY AND WAS TOLD NO. It is lower quality as the brightness is MUCH LOWER. I don't understand why the problem can't just be solved without me having to lose quality.

If anyone had solutions please let me know!

Thanks!

If a microsoft support member wants to look up my case number it is 1497309202.

:)

MinaalFarrukh, Mar 27, 2020

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 27, 2020
  4. zplugger Win User

Black Screen on Full Screen

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Black Screen on Full Screen

1. Black Screen on Full Screen - Similar Threads - Black Screen Full

2. Screen flickers black at full brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickers black at full brightness: My screen flickers black at full brightness or when it is somewhere over 80%. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-flickers-black-at-full-brightness/e31f5005-e983-4810-85af-c32b8cef088b
  3. Screen flickers black at full brightness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flickers black at full brightness: My screen flickers black at full brightness or when it is somewhere over 80%. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-flickers-black-at-full-brightness/e31f5005-e983-4810-85af-c32b8cef088b
  4. Screen flickers black at full brightness

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black screen issues but it’s not a full on crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen issues but it’s not a full on crash: Back in October I was playing Fortnite with a couple of friends and my computer randomly just black screened but it was still on and running it was acting like the graphics card was losing connection but I could still see windows and everything it just put it in the classic...
  6. Black screen issues but it’s not a full on crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen issues but it’s not a full on crash: Back in October I was playing Fortnite with a couple of friends and my computer randomly just black screened but it was still on and running it was acting like the graphics card was losing connection but I could still see windows and everything it just put it in the classic...
  7. Black Screen hides the Desktop like a full screen app.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black Screen hides the Desktop like a full screen app.: Since a few weeks now, when I login to my computer, I have a black screen that hides my desktop and the taskbar and any apps open but with the mouse visible, it acts like a fullscreen app but completely black. 1 or 2 minutes later, the black screen dissapear and I can use my...
  8. While in Full Screen, my screen goes black.

While in Full Screen, my screen goes black.: LOOKING FOR (Andre for Directly) I am making a new thread bc it won't let me reply to you at all and it keeps saying "Oops! Something went wrong" and it's actually triggering me. And I looked at the motherboard, I can't see the mx - xxxx number and version of the...
  9. While in Full Screen, my screen goes Black.

While in Full Screen, my screen goes Black.: Now, when I am in Minecraft, or any other game, and I'm just playing normally, my screen goes black for some reason. I do not know why and it's very frustrating. If someone can please help, that would be appreciated. I just want to get this fixed. :(...
  10. Black Screen While in Full Screen Mode

Black Screen While in Full Screen Mode: Sometimes when I'm in full screen mode where i'm in Chrome, Minecraft, or any other game, my screen goes black when i try to play in Full Screen Mode. I have no clue why but it's really frustrating....