Windows 10: Black Screen on laptop - Display 1 isn't active

Discus and support Black Screen on laptop - Display 1 isn't active in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have upgraded to latest version of windows 10 Home 1909 18363.592 and after a reboot the laptop screen has gone black no flickering at all and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Stan2535, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Stan2535 Win User

Black Screen on laptop - Display 1 isn't active

I have upgraded to latest version of windows 10 Home 1909 18363.592 and after a reboot the laptop screen has gone black no flickering at all and the external monitor is working fine.

I had a few attempts to upgrade and eventually had to do a windows 10 factory restore.

No backup, so cannot restore.

Upgraded all the drivers to the latest versions from manufacturers sites

Windows 10 working on 2 screen with no issues and no errors reported in logs.

Hardware checked - no errors reported e.g. device manager, case opened and checked connection.

Has anybody seen this error before?

Thanks

:)

Stan2535, Jan 24, 2020

2. Issue with black screen, dual display, ATI Integrated GPU

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to go to device manager and disable the display drivers, check whether the issue persists or not.

• Press Windows + X keys and click
      Device manager.
    • Click to expand Display adapters, right click the second adapter and click
      Disable.
    • Restart the computer and check whether the issue persists or not.
    • Repeat the same steps to disable the first display adapter and check if it helps.

If you find the issue is with anyone of the display adapters then, I suggest you to update the display drivers from the manufactures website for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps form the below article for
    “Black Screen” issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Xjoejoex Win User
    Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

Black Screen on laptop - Display 1 isn't active [​IMG]

I would like to note that step 20 comes up with no files. Perhaps this could be the source of the issues?

Xjoejoex, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

AT&T Activates Call Validation Displays

Source: AT&T Activates Call Validation Displays

Brink, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Black Screen on laptop - Display 1 isn't active - Similar Threads - Black Screen laptop

2. I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.: I don't know if this is a big problem or not.But recently I just checked my display settings. Take note that I have not changed any settings prior.On the first instance I checked my display settings and on Advanced Display, it says that Display 1 isn't activeDisplay 1 is...
  3. I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.: I don't know if this is a big problem or not.But recently I just checked my display settings. Take note that I have not changed any settings prior.On the first instance I checked my display settings and on Advanced Display, it says that Display 1 isn't activeDisplay 1 is...
  4. Display 1 isn't active

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display 1 isn't active: I have a dual monitor set up on windows 11, yesterday suddenly my main monitor is not working. This has happened once before but ended up being a quick fix, not this time.It is not the monitor or cable itself, as it works plugged into my laptop and my other monitor works...
  5. Display 1 isn't active

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display 1 isn't active: I have a dual monitor set up on windows 11, yesterday suddenly my main monitor is not working. This has happened once before but ended up being a quick fix, not this time.It is not the monitor or cable itself, as it works plugged into my laptop and my other monitor works...
  6. Laptop Video Black but VGA monitor works - Display 1 isn't active windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Video Black but VGA monitor works - Display 1 isn't active windows 10: I have 2 identical DELL Precision M4800 Laptops with NVidia M2100M Graphics Cards. 3 weeks ago I upgrading one then later the other to Windows 10 Release Date: July 14, 2020 Version:OS Build 19041.388 I lost all use of the internal Laptop Screen. I did various things...
  7. Display 1 isn't active running windows 10, blank screen

Display 1 isn't active running windows 10, blank screen: I am posting a question AND a simple solution in a single post. My daughter’s HP Pavilion Windows 10 laptop suddenly had a black primary screen while the second monitor was working. I tried to add this answer to an existing post, but it is already closed. Try this solution...
  8. Display 1 is inactive - Black screen, Win 10, HD4000

Display 1 is inactive - Black screen, Win 10, HD4000: There is s similiar question but with no solution: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-1-not-active/ca3f99b0-6029-41ff-9fd5-e95e1f4b4c9e I have a Panasonic FZ-G1 Tablet (mk1) which should become a complete reinstallation. Have an USB stick from...
  9. Display 1 isn't active windows 10

Display 1 isn't active windows 10: Yesterday evening my PC went into rest mode so I moved the mouse to get the screens to relight and nothing happened. I restarted the PC to find only my second monitor was working and acting as my main monitor. Since then I cannot seem to get it to work and on advanced...
  10. Display 1 Not Active

Display 1 Not Active: As of Wednesday this week, the 19th, one of displays is not functioning properly after a windows update. The display goes black and not able to connect via display port but HDMI works fine. I check the settings and it reads the monitor as connected but not active, Display...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. display 1 isnt active monitor

2. dislay 3 is not active dell windows 10