Windows 10: Black Screen On Login, Task Manager Won't Appear

Discus and support Black Screen On Login, Task Manager Won't Appear in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've got a unique twist on the black screen of death that I can't fix. When I attempt to bring up task manager or switch user, nothing appears other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dadinacactus, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Black Screen On Login, Task Manager Won't Appear

I've got a unique twist on the black screen of death that I can't fix. When I attempt to bring up task manager or switch user, nothing appears other than the cursor. The system also will not shut down or restart of its own volition; the power button has to be held. Furthermore I can't bring up the troubleshooting menu by pressing shift and selecting restart from power options, so i'm at a loss as to what to do.

:)

dadinacactus, Feb 6, 2017
  2. Teicko Win User

Desktop Screen

The BIOS screen loads upon start up and the login screen, I am able to login but the desktop screen shows up black and no icons appear.

The task bar on the bottom disappears and reappears multiple times and nothing else happens. I can't touch anything on the task bar as a sandglass cursor appears.

CTRL + ALT + DEL opens options for the task manager which I can open the task manager, however under "Users" I have an open source called "Windows Error Reporting" I tried a system restore by opening the control panel via task manager but that didn't fix
    the issue.

Teicko, Feb 6, 2017
  3. Kalimarie Win User
    Blank screen after login and TM not opening

Hi, just did an update on windows 10 desk top. First the personal settings box up in corner would not go away. Powered off and on. Got login screen and was able to login but goes to blank/black screen. Do a CTL/ALT/DEL to open screen where Task manager
    is but it won't open. Any help would be appreciated!

Kalimarie, Feb 6, 2017
  4. Black Screen On Login, Task Manager Won't Appear

Black Screen On Login, Task Manager Won't Appear [​IMG]
    Attention:

Before posting a BSOD thread, please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

If you need to add new information, please make a new post in your initial BSOD thread. Please do not make an extra new thread.

BSODHunter, Feb 6, 2017
Thema:

Black Screen On Login, Task Manager Won't Appear

1. Black Screen On Login, Task Manager Won't Appear - Similar Threads - Black Screen Login

2. Black screen after login, can't access task manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after login, can't access task manager.: Recently while using my computer, I got a blue screen of death, and when I restarted my computer my login wallpaper was gone and when I clicked the power icon on the login screen it did nothing. After I logged in I got stuck on a black screen with my cursor. I've tried to...
  3. Black screen after login, can't access task manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after login, can't access task manager.: Recently while using my computer, I got a blue screen of death, and when I restarted my computer my login wallpaper was gone and when I clicked the power icon on the login screen it did nothing. After I logged in I got stuck on a black screen with my cursor. I've tried to...
  4. Black screen after login, can't access task manager.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black screen after login, no task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen after login, no task manager: After login in my account, I get a black screen. If I click with my mouse the cursor shows. I have already pressed ctrl+alt+delete, ctrl+shift+esc but the task manager doesnt open. I have pressed Windows+ctrl+shift+B the screen refresh but still black. I have to wait some...
  6. Programs running in task manager but not appearing on screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs running in task manager but not appearing on screen: I'm trying to run opera, but whenever I open it, it doesnt appear on my screen, but it appears on task manager as a background process. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programs-running-in-task-manager-but-not-appearing/4b80d01d-8948-4132-8549-36c2d9fbf60e
  7. Windows black screen after login. No task manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows black screen after login. No task manager: I have seen many replies, but none worked. after loging in at the login screen, i get a black display with cursor. Ctl-alt-del brings a screen, but the task manager does not open. Booting to safe mode works, but device manager wont open. I ran Dism, Sfc, in safe mode,...
  8. Screen flickering black but task manager is not

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen flickering black but task manager is not: Before logging onto my account on my laptop there is no flickering or any issues. However once logged in the screen flashes black every 10 sec seconds or so and my laptop is unusable. The taskbar/any application is unresponsive except for task manager. Through here I was able...
  9. Windows black screen no task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows black screen no task manager: I was on my laptop and i logged out when i logged in i got a black screen with a cursor i tried to open the task manager but it didn't open i tried pressing Ctrl alt del but it didnt work i inserted a bootable flash and tried resetting it didn't i tried every possible...
  10. Black screen AFTER login, no task manager showing up!

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen AFTER login, no task manager showing up!: I keep finding solutions for the issue with a black screen before login or after login and to use the task manager, but my problem is a little different. I can log in using my pin, and press ctrl+alt+dlt to get the option to bring up the task manager. However, when i click...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. black screen task manager doesnt appear