Windows 10: Black screen on old ATI video card after upgrade to 1809

Discus and support Black screen on old ATI video card after upgrade to 1809 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Previously I was using windows 10 1803 without an issue. However after upgrading to windows 10 1809 I've noticed that my ATI x1400 that's built into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Vortex-5, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Vortex-5 Win User

Black screen on old ATI video card after upgrade to 1809

Previously I was using windows 10 1803 without an issue.

However after upgrading to windows 10 1809 I've noticed that my ATI x1400 that's built into this laptop will show a black screen after suspending the laptop and waking it back up. You can eventually get some screen back by bashing [win] + [p] and eventually forcing detection.

Has anyone found a work around for this problem?

:)

Vortex-5, Oct 3, 2018
  2. Fridgeman Win User

Video Card Installation

Wanted to upgrade my old ATI 9000 series video card. Local electronic store suggested an
    ATI Radeon X1600Pro. Installed same could only get vertical color bars on screen. Reinstalled old 9000 and all worked okay. Returned to supplier and replaced with new card,
    exactly same symptoms. I feel it is unlikely that two cards are defective. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Fridgeman

Fridgeman, Oct 3, 2018
  3. kosz Win User
    ATI 3450 video card

upgraded a Dell OPtiplex 790 i7 with an ATI 3450 video card and win 10 10525 does not see my video card or my 24 in. monitor which all worked great in win 10 10240 help

Well after trying the above solution to no avail I upgraded to a different video card Nvidia 210 works like a charm

thanks for your help

kosz, Oct 3, 2018
  4. Black screen on old ATI video card after upgrade to 1809

Issue with black screen, dual display, ATI Integrated GPU

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to go to device manager and disable the display drivers, check whether the issue persists or not.

• Press Windows + X keys and click
      Device manager.
    • Click to expand Display adapters, right click the second adapter and click
      Disable.
    • Restart the computer and check whether the issue persists or not.
    • Repeat the same steps to disable the first display adapter and check if it helps.

If you find the issue is with anyone of the display adapters then, I suggest you to update the display drivers from the manufactures website for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps form the below article for
    “Black Screen” issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

Black screen on old ATI video card after upgrade to 1809

1. Black screen on old ATI video card after upgrade to 1809 - Similar Threads - Black screen old

2. ATI Radeon graphics card not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ATI Radeon graphics card not working: My old PC is has Windows XP SP3 as the OS. But it seems that whenever I right click on the desktop screen, it shows Intel instead of ATI. Also I can't open the ATI Catalyst Manager. How do I make the discrete GPU work again?...
  3. Video Card Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Video Card Upgrade: can I upgrade video card on HP Pavillion P6 2103wb? HP specs page says "Integrated video is not available if a graphics card is installed" and "Either integrated graphics or the PCI Express x16 slot are usable at one time; they are not usable concurrently". does that mean i...
  4. Black screen after SD Card Repair

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after SD Card Repair: So I have an HP Envy 15 Notebook running the latest Windows build and my SD Card drive was creating some problems. After reinserting it, a popup came up asking if I wanted to scan and fix it. I pressed scan and fix and I selected the option to "Repair it now" instead of...
  5. black screen after upgrading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen after upgrading: hi i had a very old 32 bit system which was running windows 7 and working great,but the idea dawned on me to upgrade to windows 10 for the security updates so i ran the setup like so: i downloaded the media creation tool followed the instructions and pressed on the option...
  6. Upgrading an Old Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrading an Old Graphics Card: Hi everyone! I have a very old PC that I built in 2008 with the following configuration: Asus P5Q Pro motherboard; Intel core 2 duo e8500 CPU; 8GB RAM; Asus EN9600GSO TOP/HTDP/384M video card (DirectX 10) My PC runs Windows 10 1909 just fine. Here is the question. I do...
  7. HD3000+ATI 6490M black screen during startup

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HD3000+ATI 6490M black screen during startup: The boot sequence takes too long (black screen during startup for almost 1 min). It seems there is an issue with the switching between these two boards. Is there any way to keep a low power consumption, keeping the option to use both cards and remove the long black screen ?...
  8. Upgrading Video Card But Not Monitors

Upgrading Video Card But Not Monitors: I have the money to get a nVidia GTX 1060 6Gb card, but not the money to get new monitors. I'm looking for a recommendation as to how to connect the monitors. The both have a VGA and DVI-D ports. The cards are usually 1 HDMI, 1 DVI and 3 DisplayPort. The choices I see...
  9. Screen shrunk after upgrading to windows 10 (ATI 4830 card)

Screen shrunk after upgrading to windows 10 (ATI 4830 card): Hi, I have recently upgraded my PC from windows 7 to windows 10. After that, my screen shrunk from right side, looks like its been cut off a portion from right side. All images and text looks shrunk. I have ATI Radeon 4830 graphics card. How to fix this? Thanks...
  10. Video Card Upgrade

Video Card Upgrade: I have an PNY Nvidia GT240 in my Windows 10 machine. A friend of mine has a 550 Ti for sale. Outside of more memory ,512 vs 1 Gb, and speed, is there any new features available with the Nvidia 550 Ti over the GT240? 36399

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1809 black screen during amd display adapter installation

2. 1809 AMD DISPLAY

3. windows 1809 amd radeon black screen

4. amd black screen after 1809,
  5. after update ati radeon videocard black screen,
  6. ati black screen suspend Windows 10 1809