Windows 10: black screen on playback

Discus and support black screen on playback in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; when I play a movie from my computer to the tv through hdmi, I get a black screen. what setting do I need to adjust on my windows 10 computer for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarkSnow2, Mar 23, 2020.

1. MarkSnow2 Win User

black screen on playback

when I play a movie from my computer to the tv through hdmi, I get a black screen. what setting do I need to adjust on my windows 10 computer for playback?

:)

MarkSnow2, Mar 23, 2020

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

black screen on playback

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

black screen on playback

1. black screen on playback - Similar Threads - black screen playback

2. Video Playback Buzz and Stutter Then Screen Went Black for a Bit then PC Unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video Playback Buzz and Stutter Then Screen Went Black for a Bit then PC Unresponsive: My SpecsMOTHERBOARD - ASUS TUF B450-Pro Gaming CPU - RYZEN 5 2600 MEMORY - KINGSTON HYPER X PREDATOR BLACK 16GB KIT 3333MHz GPU - AMD RX 580 8GB PSU - Corsair RM 650-Watt MONITOR - 24" HP generic PnP monitorOS Wind...
  3. Video Playback Buzz and Studder Then Screen Went Black for a Bit then PC Unresponsive

Video Playback Buzz and Studder Then Screen Went Black for a Bit then PC Unresponsive: My SpecsMOTHERBOARD - ASUS TUF B450-Pro Gaming CPU - RYZEN 5 2600 MEMORY - KINGSTON HYPER X PREDATOR BLACK 16GB KIT 3333MHz GPU - AMD RX 580 8GB PSU - Corsair RM 650-Watt MONITOR - 24" HP generic PnP monitorOS Wind...
  4. Video Playback Buzz and Studder Then Screen Went Black for a Bit then PC Unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Playback Buzz and Studder Then Screen Went Black for a Bit then PC Unresponsive: My SpecsMOTHERBOARD - ASUS TUF B450-Pro Gaming CPU - RYZEN 5 2600 MEMORY - KINGSTON HYPER X PREDATOR BLACK 16GB KIT 3333MHz GPU - AMD RX 580 8GB PSU - Corsair RM 650-Watt MONITOR - 24" HP generic PnP monitorOS Wind...
  5. Video Playback is Split Screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Video Playback is Split Screen?: Can someone help me figure out why all my video play back has suddenly started looking like this? Whether its an older DVD, or a Bluray ... even Youtube! They're all playing like this... The above picture is taken from Windows itself, as it is the preview image from the...
  6. video playback only in black/white

video playback only in black/white: All video playback, from Youtube to zoom to PPT files, originally recorded in color, now only replay in B/W. This just seems to occur in the last week or so of the new year 2021. I'm using Windows 10 ver 1.4.9200.22589, HP ENVY 360 laptop....
  7. All my video playback comes up as a black screen with just the audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All my video playback comes up as a black screen with just the audio: Hi, The specification of my system are as follows Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming Laptop Intel Core i7-7700HQ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Windows OS build 19041.508 Version 2004 The issue started after installing the latest windows update. All my video playback,...
  8. green screen on playback

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    green screen on playback: why do i get green screen with WIN 10 after this last update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/green-screen-on-playback/b42fa82b-7192-4764-ae9c-41e38c5ff4ef
  9. When playback a video created from photos it shows only a black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When playback a video created from photos it shows only a black screen: When playback a video created from photos it shows only a black screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/when-playback-a-video-created-from-photos-it-shows/cde88f29-b731-4e6c-abdd-2a30d0cf9b0d
  10. AMD Radeon 5xxx and Windows 10 Pro. Video playback black screen.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD Radeon 5xxx and Windows 10 Pro. Video playback black screen.: I updated to Win 10 Pro 64 just after christmas, lets just say it was not problem free but It worked. Everything was great and I am impressed - except for Video playback that is. I get sound but no picture. Tried several media players but no joy. Tried with the W10...