Windows 10: Black screen on primary monitor after resuming from hibernate

Discus and support Black screen on primary monitor after resuming from hibernate in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have 2 monitors, primary is plugged into my GPU (1070). Secondary is plugged into my IGPU (8700k) When I wake my computer from hibernate the primary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Origin_al, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Black screen on primary monitor after resuming from hibernate

I have 2 monitors, primary is plugged into my GPU (1070). Secondary is plugged into my IGPU (8700k)

When I wake my computer from hibernate the primary monitor displays the MSI boot logo, but when the computer finishes waking from hibernate the primary monitor becomes a black screen.

The secondary monitor turns on after the computer wakes from hibernate and shows the desktop as normal.

The displays are still in extended mode as I can drag windows from the secondary monitor onto the primary (I just cant see them)

Turning off/on the primary monitor after waking from hibernate fixes the black screen.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

submitted by /u/Origin_al
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Origin_al, Jul 17, 2020
  2. atinfo Win User

Resume From Hibernate Crash! [Shut down instead resume]]

Toshiba Satellite S55-B5268 hibernate is not work, when select hibernate, Win 10 goes to hibernate, after about 10 second screen will be black and laptop will be off. When press Power button to resume from Hibernate, after 5 second laptop goes off automatically, and when press the Power button again, Win 10 goes to Log on instead resume from Hibernate.
    Sorry for my bad English.

atinfo, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Try3 Win User
    Resume from Hibernate Issue

This indicates that your computer is restarting i.e. resume from hibernation is failing.

Your initial step ought to be to go to the computer maker's support website to download then reinstall the latest display adapter driver. While you are there, check for any updated bios.

Denis

4. Black screen on primary monitor after resuming from hibernate

Microsoft keyboard (wireless) does not work after resuming from hibernation.

Hardware:

• Microsoft EKZ-00001 Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID.
    • Dell OptiPlex 3050
    • USB Dongle - Asus BT400

After resuming my PC from hibernation, the keyboard doesn't work. I use the keyboard in the wireless mode via an USB dongle. I'm using the latest version
    of Windows 10 with all updates applied. This issue did not happen in 2017 and the larger part of 2018. Since one of the larger updates in the last months of 2018, this issue started happening. An update must have changed something in the configuration of Windows
    10. No other changes have been applied to my PC.

I've found a work around:

When resumed from hibernation, and the keyboard is not working, use the mouse to click to hibernate, at the login screen. The
    PC will go into hibernation again. When the PC is off, turn it on and when it resumes from hiberation the keyboard works. This means I will have to hibernate and resume the PC twice every time to get the keyboard
    to work.

Can you please help me find a solution to this issue?

Windows User 341, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Black screen on primary monitor after resuming from hibernate

1. Black screen on primary monitor after resuming from hibernate - Similar Threads - Black screen primary

2. Blue Screen after resume from hibernation: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen after resume from hibernation: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Hello,I usually use the hibernate when I close my computer.I often have a failure after the resstart of my computer from an hibernate and a blue screen occurs.I could have few dumps from the same behavior :DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILUREntoskrnl.exe+3f70d0May you please...
  3. Blue Screen after resume from hibernation: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen after resume from hibernation: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Hello,I usually use the hibernate when I close my computer.I often have a failure after the resstart of my computer from an hibernate and a blue screen occurs.I could have few dumps from the same behavior :DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILUREntoskrnl.exe+3f70d0May you please...
  4. Blue Screen after resume from hibernation: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Apps hang after resume from hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Apps hang after resume from hibernation: Apps that have files open over the network hang after a resume from hibernation, even though the server has been up the whole time. It might even affect apps that simply try to access the network over a connection that no longer exists, including possibly explorer....
  6. Blue screen after resuming from hibernate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen after resuming from hibernate: I keep running into blue screen after resuming from hibernate state in Windows 10 pro and it says "dpc watchdog violation" . I tried to find the cause by using WinDBbg and I got the following resaults . Is there any solution for it? Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version...
  7. Resume from hibernate uses wrong monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resume from hibernate uses wrong monitor: Windows 20H2. Dell M6800 laptop. I have a monitor in my desk that's plugged into the Display Port outlet on my docking station. If I boot the laptop the monitor on the desk is selected as the main monitor. If I hibernate and resume the laptop screen is selected and I need...
  8. Resume from hibernate uses wrong monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Resume from hibernate uses wrong monitor: Windows 20H2. Dell M6800 laptop. I have a monitor in my desk that's plugged into the Display Port outlet on my docking station. If I boot the laptop the monitor on the desk is selected as the main monitor. If I hibernate and resume the laptop screen is selected and I need...
  9. After resuming from hibernation, it hibernates again after a few sec.

in Windows 10 Support
    After resuming from hibernation, it hibernates again after a few sec.: Have an issue that I have not encountered before. After the machine resumes from hibernation, it starts to hibernate again right at the log on screen. Then I have to wake it again and it seems ok. Any ideas what setting can be the reason for this? 83740
  10. "Resume from Hibernation"?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Resume from Hibernation"?: I have been using Win10 since July. It has been working fine. Just recently I noticed a blue screen at boot up stating, "resume from hibernation". I have never used hibernation in my life. Sleep mode, yes. Hibernation, no. But I have an SSD and don't use sleep anymore. I do a...