Windows 10: Black screen on reboot

Discus and support Black screen on reboot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I worked normally on my PC this morning, then turned it off during the 1 hour train ride to work, where I tried to turn it on again. The Only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MilkaKuusinen, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Black screen on reboot

I worked normally on my PC this morning, then turned it off during the 1 hour train ride to work, where I tried to turn it on again.

The Only responde I got was a Black screen requesting a password. I have tried every option I can think of, to no result.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

:)

MilkaKuusinen, Aug 30, 2019

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 30, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Black screen on reboot

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

Black screen on reboot

1. Black screen on reboot - Similar Threads - Black screen reboot

2. Computer black screen and reboots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer black screen and reboots: Hi, I have had problem since a year back that my computer is getting black screen and then reboots after a couple of seconds. While this happens I can still hear the sound in the background if I was playing any games for example. This happens ONLY when my computer is under...
  3. Computer black screen and reboots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer black screen and reboots: Hi, I have had problem since a year back that my computer is getting black screen and then reboots after a couple of seconds. While this happens I can still hear the sound in the background if I was playing any games for example. This happens ONLY when my computer is under...
  4. Sudden black screen, then reboots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden black screen, then reboots: Hello, I've been experiencing this odd way of an OS crash where my screen suddenly goes black then reboots on its own. No error codes, not even a BSOD. I would like to know what is causing this and where can I get logs of what caused this so I can give more information about...
  5. Sudden black screen, then reboots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden black screen, then reboots: Hello, I've been experiencing this odd way of an OS crash where my screen suddenly goes black then reboots on its own. No error codes, not even a BSOD. I would like to know what is causing this and where can I get logs of what caused this so I can give more information about...
  6. Sudden black screen, then reboots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Black screen and rebooting while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen and rebooting while gaming: Here is a basic timeline and computer info.Ryzen 5600X Prime B550M Plus GSkill 2133 32GB X750W Seasonic PSU 3060 TI Galax Samsung m2.NVMEAll running at StockTimeline1st Patch when rebooting happenedPC started rebooting without warning only while playing gamesVaries from 2min...
  8. Black Screen Then system Reboots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen Then system Reboots: Hi, Ive recently started having this problem. where when im gaming my system turns black and after a couple of second the system reboots. A link to the dump file is attached here. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ath6qiVimjJnixEG80oRyXSDYFrr?e=Lhh2wW what are the possible...
  9. Black Screen after Reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black Screen after Reboot: I recently reformatted windows 10 on my dell latitude 5590, after my company gave me my laptop. Everything seemed to go smoothly, got all drivers updated and personal softwares reinstalled. Ever since I've had ONE issue only and have never experienced before. I've researched...
  10. Installation black screen on reboot, no cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation black screen on reboot, no cursor: Upgrading from windows 7 to 10, started install at around 10:30am and left it....around 2:30pm it started the large circle with the % in the centre, and again left it for another hour or so and came back to a black screen, no cursor or anything. I waited until about 7:30...