Windows 10: Black screen on reboot

Discus and support Black screen on reboot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I worked normally on my PC this morning, then turned it off during the 1 hour train ride to work, where I tried to turn it on again. The Only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MilkaKuusinen, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Black screen on reboot

I worked normally on my PC this morning, then turned it off during the 1 hour train ride to work, where I tried to turn it on again.

The Only responde I got was a Black screen requesting a password. I have tried every option I can think of, to no result.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

:)

MilkaKuusinen, Aug 30, 2019

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 30, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Black screen on reboot

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

Black screen on reboot

1. Black screen on reboot - Similar Threads - Black screen reboot

2. Windows 10 Black screen after reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Black screen after reboot: I am getting a black screen after rebooting windows. I did a blind login and I can hear the notifications and my windows logging into my profile. From there in out its just a black screen with the mouse pointer. Need help asap. My laptop is asus r558u windows 10 creators...
  3. Bizarre-Black Screen After Reboot-nothing changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Bizarre-Black Screen After Reboot-nothing changed: Specs 3770k 16 GB ram gtx 960 16226 i have been running build with no issues i was using it tonight. Just rebooted it and get black login screen after the Bootup Nothing changed on my configuration I tried the control P to get cursor and type in password. Cursor...
  4. Windows Crashes to Black Screen and Reboots Randomly.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Crashes to Black Screen and Reboots Randomly.: Hi guys, I'm experiencing a strange problem on my secondary desktop (the crappy Alienware). Randomly, the machine restarts within a mere 5 minutes of it running. It also restarts just sitting on the login screen, so it doesn't only happen when someone is logged in. It,...
  5. Reboots after logo then black screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reboots after logo then black screen: My basic specs: CPU - 5960X MOBO: ASUS Rampage V Extreme GPU: GTX 980 I turn my computer on, see the BIOS just fine, it shows the Windows 10 logo, then a black screen. If I move my mouse around, I see the cursor. After nearly 30 seconds (i'm guessing), my computer...
  6. Black Screen with Creators Update Installed and a Reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen with Creators Update Installed and a Reboot: Installed the Windows 10 Creators update for the 3rd time to completion each time. After the install, everything was running as expected. I was looking at a digital magazine within Zinio, and after completing several issues the program lockup and I needed to reboot. Zinio...
  7. Computer does automatic reboot to black screen and spinning dots

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer does automatic reboot to black screen and spinning dots: Hello all, My computer just started doing a very weird thing. I've had Windows 10 on a Dell XPS 8100 for about 3 months now. Just recently, after it sits idle for about an hour or so, it will shut down and reboot on its own. It will go to the Windows 10 splash screen, the...
  8. Installation black screen on reboot, no cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation black screen on reboot, no cursor: Upgrading from windows 7 to 10, started install at around 10:30am and left it....around 2:30pm it started the large circle with the % in the centre, and again left it for another hour or so and came back to a black screen, no cursor or anything. I waited until about 7:30...
  9. Black screen blinking cursor for 60 seconds on reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen blinking cursor for 60 seconds on reboot: Black screen with blinking cursor for 60 seconds on reboot, before windows starts –solved, Ethernet service setting. Totally empirical approach, “by intuition and sense of smell” (one for the Who fans) Googling “Blackscreen blinking cursor 60 seconds on reboot” gave...
  10. Reboot after installation of Luna theme, black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Reboot after installation of Luna theme, black screen: My computer is stuck at a black screen after installing an Luna theme and using Classic Shell. Any help please and thank you. 4867