Windows 10: Black Screen on Restart but normal boot on reset button

Discus and support Black Screen on Restart but normal boot on reset button in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This is a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro on a brand new MSI Tomahawk B450 MAX with a brand new Ryzen 5 3600.During Windows install, the computer would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Qmighty1, May 5, 2021.

1. Qmighty1 Win User

Black Screen on Restart but normal boot on reset button

This is a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro on a brand new MSI Tomahawk B450 MAX with a brand new Ryzen 5 3600.During Windows install, the computer would restart normally. Now that install is complete, Windows just restarts to a black screen no signal detected and the LED on the reset button that comes on after boot is off. Pushing the reset button results in a normal boot. The tower is around the corner so it's annoying to have to get up every time I have to restart.The computer wakes up normal from Sleep and I've already tried disabling Sleep and Fast Startup in Power

:)

Qmighty1, May 5, 2021

2. Windows 10 - Resetting normally up to 25% and then Black screen.

Hi Maki,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "it needs more time or it stuck somehow", what is the current status of the issue? Is the computer still stuck at black screen or in process of resetting the computer?

If the computer in process of resetting, then I suggest you to wait for some time.

I suggest you to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article about black screen issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Please get back to us with an update on issue with black screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 5, 2021
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, May 5, 2021
  4. Black Screen on Restart but normal boot on reset button

Reset Button Not Working

Hi,
    Exactly what tittle says. That's been bugging me for a while now but I couldn't find any information related to the issue so I just ignored it.
    Today I had to use the button to reset because I messed up doing something and system froze. Well like always before I force shut down I try to reset but it never works.
    This is exactly what happens: I press the reset button then the system pretends to be restarting but it never boots, no beeps no image or anything and thats it.
    Been using power button restart if system freezes.
    Checked the connections in the motherboard and everything is correctly connected.
    Could it be some option in the bios ?

Thanks

DiogoCDS19, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Black Screen on Restart but normal boot on reset button

1. Black Screen on Restart but normal boot on reset button - Similar Threads - Black Screen Restart

2. Is it normal for a black screen to appear during my reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it normal for a black screen to appear during my reset?: Hello,I was using my pc and noticed that my pc was running slow and later found out i had a virus. So i wanted to reset my pc but the normal way was not responding.. i used the 'log in' way and started to reset my pc...but as soon as i press 'remove everything" the screen...
  3. Is it normal for a black screen to appear during my reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it normal for a black screen to appear during my reset?: Hello,I was using my pc and noticed that my pc was running slow and later found out i had a virus. So i wanted to reset my pc but the normal way was not responding.. i used the 'log in' way and started to reset my pc...but as soon as i press 'remove everything" the screen...
  4. Is it normal for a black screen to appear during my reset?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Screen flashes normal, to black to normal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flashes normal, to black to normal: HP laptop 17-cn0xxx.... Win 11 pro...Screen intermittently flashes normal, to black and back to normal... 1 thousand 1, 1 thousand 2, 1 thousand 3.I have ran all Hp and Microsoft trouble shooters to no avail.Trouble shooters say "display driver" is fine."Any program' open,...
  6. Screen flashes normal, to black to normal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flashes normal, to black to normal: HP laptop 17-cn0xxx.... Win 11 pro...Screen intermittently flashes normal, to black and back to normal... 1 thousand 1, 1 thousand 2, 1 thousand 3.I have ran all Hp and Microsoft trouble shooters to no avail.Trouble shooters say "display driver" is fine."Any program' open,...
  7. Black screen on boot every restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen on boot every restart: Hello my friends, I first posted about this here almost 4 months ago. This issue has persisted, and it is driving me up the freaking wall. I have done countless windows reinstalls and bought new ram, as suggested by a comment from the last thread. I also bought a new SSD,...
  8. it loads on its normal boot screen, and then it goes black

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    it loads on its normal boot screen, and then it goes black: I had just fixed the restart error and now, it is doing this thing where it loads on its normal boot screen, and then it goes black, then back to the preparing screen, and then to the 64% loading screen. Please help me i cannot fix it....
  9. Screen no signal and black after restart button after msconfig/boot/safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen no signal and black after restart button after msconfig/boot/safe mode: I'm using Windows 10. I noticed that the color in screens have more greens and seems lacking some yellow tones or reds. Following the computer advise. I pressed the winlogo +r, then type msconfig, then in new box click boot/ safe mode/manual then click restart. Then the...
  10. Restart during boot (black screen before normal boot)

in Windows 10 Support
    Restart during boot (black screen before normal boot): Good afternoon, Since couple of days my desktop PC has a problem that does not compromise its use but rather annoying When I press the button to turn it on it immediately restarts showing a black screen and after this reboot it starts booting up windows quickly and without...