Windows 10: Black screen on start up after the windows logo

Discus and support Black screen on start up after the windows logo in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I am getting a black screen right after it shows the windows logo, I tried rebooting but the only thing that worked with me was reinstalling windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kazem Sami, Jun 4, 2023.

1. Black screen on start up after the windows logo

So I am getting a black screen right after it shows the windows logo, I tried rebooting but the only thing that worked with me was reinstalling windows OS. Problem is after I reinstall windows, in a couple of hours after using the the PC again, this problem happens again. This person posted a perfect video the demonstrates my exact problem https://www.reddit.com/r/computers/comments/qwm0h3/pc_startup_problem_it_just_shows_a_black_screen/

:)

Kazem Sami, Jun 4, 2023
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Jun 4, 2023
  3. Windows 10 Black screen, Start screen, Critical Low Battery

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you try the power troubleshooter if you are able to boot into the system.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.
    For black screen issues click on the link below and refer the suggestions by Sharath Srinivasa.

Redirecting

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jun 4, 2023
  4. JaredzzC Win User

Black screen on start up after the windows logo

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Hi,

I locked my computer before I went away for a couple of days and came back to a black screen with only the mouse cursor visible.
    Every time I try to start the computer, it will go through the initial startup sequence of displaying the manufacture's logo for the motherboard and then it will say 'Starting Windows' After which point it will just display a black screen with only the mouse cursor visible.

I can access the motherboard's features absolutely fine and the options such as safe mode, start windows normally etc are available.

I've tried:
    Startup Repair - No problems.
    Windows Recovery Diagnostic Tool - No problems.
    Chkdsk - No problems found.
    There are no dates available for System Restore.
    It won't start in safe mode. It runs through the loading then same result as before, only the cursor visible.

As a last attempt I cleared the CMOS, but with the same outcome as before.

I thought it could perhaps be GPU related, but it doesn't seem so.
    I have 2 GPUs, both R9 290. They were both working absolutely fine before I left - no problems whatsoever.
    I have tried them each one by one but they produce the same result individually ( after 'starting windows' a black screen with only the mouse cursor appears).

Specs can be found in my 'system specs' section.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks.

JaredzzC, Jun 4, 2023
Thema:

Black screen on start up after the windows logo

1. Black screen on start up after the windows logo - Similar Threads - Black screen start

2. Blank Screen on Start up after Windows Logo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Screen on Start up after Windows Logo: My laptop screen starts up with the Gateway logo, then goes to the blue Windows logo with the white spinning circle under it before it just goes blank. The LED screen is on but its just a blank black screen, F1 does nothing but turn it off from LED blank screen to no light...
  3. Blank Screen on Start up after Windows Logo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank Screen on Start up after Windows Logo: My laptop screen starts up with the Gateway logo, then goes to the blue Windows logo with the white spinning circle under it before it just goes blank. The LED screen is on but its just a blank black screen, F1 does nothing but turn it off from LED blank screen to no light...
  4. Blank Screen on Start up after Windows Logo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Window black screen after logo

Window black screen after logo: I have MacBook pro early 2015. I tried to install window through bootcamp and usb but when it restarts I get a very dark display but visible with flashlight on screen.There is no hardware issue since my macos works totally fineAny fix?Thanks in advance...
  6. Windows get black screen then appear logo after start.

Windows get black screen then appear logo after start.: Hello , first thank you for see this post , i hope you could solve this problem for me.This is all details.So I'm While playing a game on my Lenovo laptop Windows 10 it's freeze my screen and i was hold the power off button and pressing it again to restart , after I...
  7. Black screen on start up after the windows logo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen on start up after the windows logo: So I am getting a black screen right after it shows the windows logo, I tried rebooting but the only thing that worked with me was reinstalling windows OS. Problem is after I reinstall windows, in a couple of hours after using the the PC again, this problem happens again....
  8. Black screen after Windows logo?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after Windows logo?: I've had this laptop since January of this year and it booted up fine up until a month or two ago. It works okay and I'm using the laptop to post this right now, it's just that the problem is more of a nuisance than anything. When it boots up it shows the Windows logo as...
  9. start up black screen after brief start with samsung logo

start up black screen after brief start with samsung logo: black screen after brief resart. im trying to go into repair mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-black-screen-after-brief-start-with/96ca164c-a37a-47b6-a703-3c1c125c0b47
  10. Windows won’t start // black screen after windows logo

Windows won’t start // black screen after windows logo: Hey guys, So I traveled by plane ans brought my desktop, and after arriving, I got a new monitor and the pc won’t start. It beeps and starts to boot, motherboard logo shows up normally and the windows logo too, but then the screen goes black, so does the keyboard and mouse....