Windows 10: Black Screen on Start with Cursor and Task Bar / Error sound when clicking on the screen

Discus and support Black Screen on Start with Cursor and Task Bar / Error sound when clicking on the screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi My laptop suddenly had a problem. Upon starting, I am greeted with the usual log in screen. Everything looks normal from there. The problem is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Raven D., Dec 22, 2020.

1. Raven D. Win User

Black Screen on Start with Cursor and Task Bar / Error sound when clicking on the screen

Hi

My laptop suddenly had a problem. Upon starting, I am greeted with the usual log in screen. Everything looks normal from there. The problem is after I log in. The screen is just black, with the cursor and task bar available. And every time I click on my desktop, I hear an error sound. Everything else seems to be working. I can run applications, I just can't see it. I know it runs because if I click Alt + Tab, I see all the apps running. But the screen itself is just black. After 5 minutes or so, it fixes itself and is back to normal, I guess. I'm not great with computers, but this has never occurred to me before and am fairly certain that this is a problem, and I want to fix it. I've tried doing a clean boot, but that didn't work. I tried uninstalling my display drivers, that didn't work as well. And I've tried system restore with no luck too. Most notable change I did before this was do the shutdown timer command. I did that before I slept to have my laptop shutdown after a game download.

That's all the information I can offer. Not sure what the problem is, but any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

:)

Raven D., Dec 22, 2020
  2. Jaydh07 Win User

Black screen with cursor and flashing task bar

Hello.

I was using my laptop as usual, but suddenly, the wallpaper turned black and my task bar disappeared. Think restarting would help, I held the power button to turn it off, and I turned it back on. I noticed my custom cursor was changed back to default. Weird.
    It had the normal log in screen, so I logged in. There was a black screen with only my cursor (back to custom) and a flickering task bar that I can not use. I cant get the search bar up by pressing the windows key.

So then I tried to boot windows using the boot manager (f12) , and it told me that windows couldn’t launch properly, so I should either restart it or do advanced troubleshooting. Restarting gives me the same results.

help!

Jaydh07, Dec 22, 2020
  3. Robotnic Win User
    Multiple bsod errors and black screen with cursor on start up

I know it says to install and run the program in the sticky but i can't get into windows

PC has been running fine until recently. I have been getting occasional random BSOD errors over the last few days which I didn't think much about, but today I started getting a lot of them, occurring a few minutes after boot. After a few restarts I then started getting a black screen with cursor when the login screen should appear. The jingle still sounds. Some of the BSOD errors I wrote down.

Bad pool header
    PFN corrupt
    Memory management
    0xc000021a

The black screen will not respond to CTRL ALT DEL etc. I tried following steps on some posts to enter password blind by pressing space /ctrl but this does not work for me. The screen stays on indefinitely.

I have also tried chkdsk on C drive. No errors. I tried system restore, but it says I have no checkpoints. I thought I did have it switched on but I guess not.
    I tried start up repair but it says it cannot fix the problem. I don't have a system image either (I know, I'm a fool). I tried safe mode and low res mode. Same black screen just with a larger cursor.

Apart from reinstalling windows again, i can't think of any other things to try.

Any help would be appreciated.

Robotnic, Dec 22, 2020
  4. Black Screen on Start with Cursor and Task Bar / Error sound when clicking on the screen

Black screen with cursor after Windows 10 update

Cyril Robinson AzariahJ, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

Black Screen on Start with Cursor and Task Bar / Error sound when clicking on the screen

1. Black Screen on Start with Cursor and Task Bar / Error sound when clicking on the screen - Similar Threads - Black Screen Start

2. Screen is black but task bar shows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen is black but task bar shows: A friend gave me a computer he wasn't using anymore but I can't get it to workThe computer turns on but the screen is black, only showing the taskbar. I can open apps from the taskbar but can't make them show up on my screen.When I boot it into safe mode however everything...
  3. Screen is black but task bar shows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen is black but task bar shows: A friend gave me a computer he wasn't using anymore but I can't get it to workThe computer turns on but the screen is black, only showing the taskbar. I can open apps from the taskbar but can't make them show up on my screen.When I boot it into safe mode however everything...
  4. Black screen and cursor when starting laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen and cursor when starting laptop.: When I turn on my laptop, after my laptops company logo shows, it goes to a black screen with a cursor and I can move the cursor around, but I can't do anything else. I've tried ctrl+alt+del and a few others nothing works....
  5. Black screen and cursor when starting laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen and cursor when starting laptop.: When I turn on my laptop, after my laptops company logo shows, it goes to a black screen with a cursor and I can move the cursor around, but I can't do anything else. I've tried ctrl+alt+del and a few others nothing works....
  6. Black screen and cursor when starting laptop.

7. Black Screen and Flashing Task Bar

Black Screen and Flashing Task Bar: I have seen a few other posts about this but nothing that I have seen has helped, or at least not lasted long. So starting two days agoDecember 12, when I turned my computer on it took an unusually long time to boot, but I finally reached the lock screen to input my password....
  8. Task bar and cursor flashing on a black screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task bar and cursor flashing on a black screen: submitted by /u/Punic_tat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gkvath/task_bar_and_cursor_flashing_on_a_black_screen/
  9. Black screen with cursor and flashing task bar

Black screen with cursor and flashing task bar: Hello. I was using my laptop as usual, but suddenly, the wallpaper turned black and my task bar disappeared. Think restarting would help, I held the power button to turn it off, and I turned it back on. I noticed my custom cursor was changed back to default. Weird. It had...
  10. Random black screen, no cursor or sound

Random black screen, no cursor or sound: Hi! I recently installed new hardware; Asus ROG x470-F Gaming, Ryzen 5 2600 and G.Skill Trident Z RGB memory. I have updated to latest Windows 10, I have home edition, latest BIOS, latest driver for my GPU, GTX770. My problem is that at completely random times it all goes...