Windows 10: Black screen on startup after clean install windows 10

Discus and support Black screen on startup after clean install windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; need a little help here please. Im trying to re install windows 10 on a different hard drive I have. I downloaded the media tools, and created a USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NickPayne3, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Black screen on startup after clean install windows 10

need a little help here please. Im trying to re install windows 10 on a different hard drive I have. I downloaded the media tools, and created a USB boot drive. windows went through the install and restarted. but the drive keeps looping back to the install. when I shut the computer off, take the USB drive out, and turn it back on, I just get a black screen.

I know that windows 10 installed because I can plug my old hard drive in, open the new drive and see the files. it just will never start up...

:)

NickPayne3, Jun 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Black screen on startup after clean install windows 10

Black screen in windows 10 on startup

Hi Willu,

Getting a black screen on startup may imply a problem with the display adapter, having an outdated driver, or could be that it was just finalizing the recent upgrade. To help sort out and address this problem, we suggest that you follow the steps provided
    in the link,
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Please update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

Black screen on startup after clean install windows 10

1. Black screen on startup after clean install windows 10 - Similar Threads - Black screen startup

2. Windows 10 black screen with cursor after Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 black screen with cursor after Startup: So I’m dealing with this pc, running windows 10, and after it starts I get the manufacturer’s logo on the screen, then please wait with working circles, then my windows ID please wait…, and then a black screen. But I can see and move the cursor around. But that’s it. If I...
  3. Windows black screen after startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows black screen after startup: I've had this issue for the past month or so, but when I sometimes restart my windows 10 pc and after every update, it asks me to sign in & put my password & everything, but when it says welcome, I see a black screen after that. This lasts from 30 minutes to even 2 hours...
  4. Black screen after clean windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after clean windows 10 installation: Im installing an SSD on my dads old dell pc. But Im getting a black screen after install and restart. What should I do? Steps taken: 1.Boot to bios and change 1st boot order to usb thumb drive 2.boot from thumb drive and install windows 10 pro 3.after installation...
  5. Black screen after startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after startup: Black screen before windows start up Hey, I have a Lenovo idea pad I got given as a hand me down from my sister. Was not in great shape when I received it but I reset it to factory setting and has been working fine for about 2 months since. A couple of weeks ago I started...
  6. black screen after startup

black screen after startup: After startup my monitor is black. If I hold down Win+Ctrl+Shift and hit B, there is a beep and the monitor is normal. I've tried all kinds of suggestions with no success. It started after a Win 10 Pro Version 2004 update. I have na HP EliteDesk 705 G3 Desktop Mini which...
  7. Windows 10 black screen after startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 black screen after startup: When i turn on my PC it loads up for a few seconds showing the windows startup screen with the blue windows symbol and then the screen goes black and i cant do anything. My keyboard and mouse stop working and i cant do anything. The PC remains on and is quiet except from the...
  8. Black screen windows 10 clean install

Black screen windows 10 clean install: Hi i have tried two clean installs onto 860 evo ssd with windows 10 home one with internet connected and one with out. The install with internet connected gets all the way to entering my phone no. and At the end of the install then reboots to black screen with no cursor or...
  9. Frequent Black Screens Before and After Clean Install

Frequent Black Screens Before and After Clean Install: I've been struggling with my computer display for over a week now. At random times the display will shut off entirely, the sound will loop for a bit, but the LED's on both my mouse and keyboard stay on. I thought that this was a corrupted driver problem so I reformatted my...
  10. Black screen after clean install

Black screen after clean install: Hi, i recently install Windows 10, search updates and install it, so Windows update install the drivers for my gtx 1060, later i restart the pc and a black screen show with only the mouse pointer... I went crazy and now i format all again... I try to install the nvidia...