Windows 10: Black Screen On Startup No Cursor No Hotkeys No Safe Mode

Discus and support Black Screen On Startup No Cursor No Hotkeys No Safe Mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Yes, black screen in safe mode too. Yesterday randomly pc restarted and had black screen. I didn't sleep yet to fix problem. Things do not work* any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kingOf1077, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Black Screen On Startup No Cursor No Hotkeys No Safe Mode

Yes, black screen in safe mode too. Yesterday randomly pc restarted and had black screen. I didn't sleep yet to fix problem. Things do not work* any auto repair* sfc / dism both finds no error* any startup modes including safe mode / with without network or cmd* start with low res* cursor* any backup i dont have* win ctrl shift B * ctrl alt del * ctrl shift esc Things work* I installed fresh win 10 to other drive so i can dism offline / sfc offline.* winpe / winre cmd onlyThings will work but i dont want to doformat: I have 50gb of personal files and 550gb of progra

:)

kingOf1077, Apr 28, 2021

2. Black Screen with working mouse cursor but not keyboard

It is frozen or just black screen in Safe mode ?
    might try to repair Windows by an installation DVD or a USB stick

little cat, Apr 28, 2021
  3. Spaz123 Win User
    How to get into safe mode on Toshiba satellite

Windows 10 does not load on startup, no Toshiba logo, just a looping black screen/blue screen with cursor. And the bios is on slow boot.

Spaz123, Apr 28, 2021
  4. Black Screen On Startup No Cursor No Hotkeys No Safe Mode

Can't see cursor on startup screen

This is happening on 2 laptops. Both have a startup screen with options of W10 and W10 Safe Mode.

After upgrading to W10 the cursor does not show for selection between the options. It is still possible to move over the mouse or touchpad and move from one option to the other, but it's a bit hit and miss.

We had the same startup options in W8.1 and no problems with the cursor so it's definitely W10 related.

Any suggestions?

SaggyMaggyPoo, Apr 28, 2021
Thema:

Black Screen On Startup No Cursor No Hotkeys No Safe Mode

1. Black Screen On Startup No Cursor No Hotkeys No Safe Mode - Similar Threads - Black Screen Startup

2. Black screen with a cursor. Works perfectly in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with a cursor. Works perfectly in safe mode: Yesterday when I turned on my laptop, it freezed. And after a while it was just black screen. Now when I turn on after samsung logo, I input my login password, then it opens with a black screen with a cursor. I can hear the fan, that's means it's running. The lights of...
  3. Black screen with a cursor. Works perfectly in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with a cursor. Works perfectly in safe mode: Yesterday when I turned on my laptop, it freezed. And after a while it was just black screen. Now when I turn on after samsung logo, I input my login password, then it opens with a black screen with a cursor. I can hear the fan, that's means it's running. The lights of...
  4. Black screen on BIOS, startup and Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen on BIOS, startup and Safe Mode: Hi everyone,I just bought a pc and i was trying to open the BIOS and all I just got was black screen. I tried running it by advanced startup and it also showed black screen. Now i tried starting it using safe mode and what I am just getting is a complete black screen when I...
  5. Black screen on BIOS, startup and Safe Mode

Black screen on BIOS, startup and Safe Mode: Hi everyone,I just bought a pc and i was trying to open the BIOS and all I just got was black screen. I tried running it by advanced startup and it also showed black screen. Now i tried starting it using safe mode and what I am just getting is a complete black screen when I...
  6. Black screen with cursor on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with cursor on startup: So yesterday when I started up my PC I noticed it was lingering on a black screen so I rebooted it, then another black screen but this time it was gone after a minute or so and showed the login screen. I thought nothing of it at the time, but now every time I start it up I...
  7. Black screen with cursor on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with cursor on startup: So yesterday when I started up my PC I noticed it was lingering on a black screen so I rebooted it, then another black screen but this time it was gone after a minute or so and showed the login screen. I thought nothing of it at the time, but now every time I start it up I...
  8. Black screen with cursor on startup

9. Black screen, no cursor, can't enter safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen, no cursor, can't enter safe mode: Okay, so I reserved my free copy of Windows 10 a few days ago, and tried to install this morning. It all seemed to be going smoothly... then everything disappeared, and I was left with a black screen for three hours. Finally in frustration I powered off and on again; The blue...
  10. Black Screen with Cursor at startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen with Cursor at startup: 2nd time poster, 1st time...."new threader". I kind of jumped into another black screen thread with this and it was suggested (rightly) that I start a new one. I'll just copy/paste what I posted there. I'm kind of a computer semi-literate, so forgive any dumb questions I...