Windows 10: Black Screen on Startup or Restart.....Windows 10

Discus and support Black Screen on Startup or Restart.....Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I start or restart my PC, I get a black screen 3 out of 4 times but you can hear all the fans and HDD sounds but no HDD activity light. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rdburke, Apr 27, 2019.

1. rdburke Win User

Black Screen on Startup or Restart.....Windows 10

When I start or restart my PC, I get a black screen 3 out of 4 times but you can hear all the fans and HDD sounds but no HDD activity light. I have traded out HDD's and Power Supply, still no joy. All drivers are up to date, I turned off Fast Startup and even removed all the AMD drivers and let Windows run my graphics.....still get same behaviour. I am only now trying to resolve the issue that has been prevalent for quite a while because it has gotten considerably worse. I read online that the Power Supply was the most likely the cause...sending a dirty signal to whatever triggers Startup. I tried unplugging the PC and pressing the power button to clear the signal but still same issue. I have and actual card for graphics, they are not onboard. Could the card be causing this issue. I thought when a graphics card died it was DEAD. Never seen one work sometimes and not completely fail. I would really appreciate any help I can get. If this post is not in the proper thread please move it. Thanks in advance. I have my specs listed on the forum. SPEC1

:)

rdburke, Apr 27, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Apr 27, 2019
  3. Windows 10 black screen at startup

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community. I will certainly assist you with the issue.

Have you made any changes to your system prior to this issue?

I suggest you unplug all the external devices (except keyboard and mouse) connected to the system and restart it to check if it helps.

Refer the steps in the link given below and check.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Black screen and not signed in to windows 10:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

You can also put your system in safe mode and check if it helps.

Refer the steps given in the link below to start your system in Safe mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab02

Hope this helps. Get back to us with the status of the issue.

Swathi Ravichandran, Apr 27, 2019
  4. Black Screen on Startup or Restart.....Windows 10

Black screen in windows 10 on startup

Hi Willu,

Getting a black screen on startup may imply a problem with the display adapter, having an outdated driver, or could be that it was just finalizing the recent upgrade. To help sort out and address this problem, we suggest that you follow the steps provided
    in the link,
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Please update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

Black Screen on Startup or Restart.....Windows 10

1. Black Screen on Startup or Restart.....Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Black Screen Startup

2. Windows 10 black screen at startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 black screen at startup: I restarted my computer and all of a sudden windows will not boot. I get motherboard splash screen but, then it goes black. I reset my PC and removed all the files, windows then starts to install but at 9% the computer restarts and back to black screen.Any advice would be...
  3. Windows 10 black screen at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 black screen at startup: I restarted my computer and all of a sudden windows will not boot. I get motherboard splash screen but, then it goes black. I reset my PC and removed all the files, windows then starts to install but at 9% the computer restarts and back to black screen.Any advice would be...
  4. Windows 10 black screen at startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. windows 10 black screen on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 black screen on startup: Hello,I have HP pavilion x360 laptop, when I turn on my laptop and after the HP logo appears and before Microsoft logo appears,a black screen shows for about 2 minutes or a few less , then the laptop works normally,I tried to delete few updates that installed on the day that...
  6. Windows 10 Restarting into Black Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Restarting into Black Screen: Every restart I perform for an update, whether it involves Windows updating, a software that needs to restart to implement its updates, or a peripheral that needs Windows to update and restart, I always end up at a black screen. I see my motherboard's logo, then Windows 10's...
  7. black screen on startup windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    black screen on startup windows 10: hi when i turn my computer on it loads up but then a blue box appears and then dissappearsand it stays on a black screen but i can still hear sounds through my headphones that i am using can someone help me please as to why this is happening also i turned it on yesterday did...
  8. black screen on startup windows 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    black screen on startup windows 10: hi when i turn my computer on it loads up but then a blue box appears and then dissappearsand it stays on a black screen but i can still hear sounds through my headphones that i am using can someone help me please as to why this is happening also i turned it on yesterday did...
  9. Windows 10 - black screen at startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - black screen at startup: started my desktop computer after being off for 24 hours, and it starts up with a black screen, the screen says from time to time no video input. I swapped cables, a different type of connection, nothing. When I opened the box, I see it restarting after about a minute,...
  10. Black screen on startup, then restarts.

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen on startup, then restarts.: I just installed Windows 10, but every time I start up the computer, it will show a black screen before getting to the login screen and then the computer will restart by itself after about 5 seconds. It does this over and over again. Some things I've tried: - I...