Windows 10: Black screen on startup, then restarts.

Discus and support Black screen on startup, then restarts. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just installed Windows 10, but every time I start up the computer, it will show a black screen before getting to the login screen and then the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Feriscool, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Feriscool Win User

Black screen on startup, then restarts.

I just installed Windows 10, but every time I start up the computer, it will show a black screen before getting to the login screen and then the computer will restart by itself after about 5 seconds.

It does this over and over again.

Some things I've tried:

- I have multiple monitors, so I tried disabling the other in BIOS. Didn't work.
    - I tried booting from the integrated GPU rather than my NVidia GPU. Didn't work.
    - I unplugged my second monitor. Didn't work.
    - I updated my NVidia driver through safe mode. Didn't work.

What else can I do to fix this?

:)

Feriscool, Jul 30, 2015
  2. John Ado Win User

Black screen then pc restarts

Got it. In case the issue persists, try the steps mentioned in the article above.

Keep us on the loop.

John Ado, Jul 30, 2015
  3. John Ado Win User
    Black screen then pc restarts

Hi,

There could have been some system files that got corrupted during the installation of the update. Let's try running these commands:

• Press Windows key and type Command Prompt then run it as administrator.

• Type DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and press Enter.

• Once it's done, type sfc /scannow and
      press Enter.

• Restart your computer.

If the issue persists, follow the steps outlined in this
    article
    to isolate the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

If you think this was useful, feel free to mark it as an answer to help those who are facing the same problem.

John Ado, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Hydranix Win User

Check your event log from safe mode.

Hydranix, Jul 30, 2015
  5. Feriscool Win User
    Where do i find it?

Feriscool, Jul 30, 2015
  6. Are you using the bios defaults? If not maybe give that a try.

alkaufmann, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Black screen on startup, then restarts. - Similar Threads - Black screen startup

2. Black screen on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen on startup: Whenever I login to my pc, things like discord and steam run on start, and then after about 30 seconds, the screen goes black, and the only way I can get it back to normal is by using the record video shortcut with the Radeon program that came with my GPU submitted by...
  3. black screen on startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    black screen on startup: I am using canvas laptab LT777 with intel atom processor Z series inbuilt windows 10 operating system. I am facing black screen on startup nothing will go on to the screen. no bios screen showing startup shows only black screen . help me to solve this as soon as possible....
  4. Black screen on startup.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen on startup.: This isn't a major problem, but a minor nuisance. When I restart my laptop not including fast startups or waking from sleep mode there's a black screen that appears after the Windows logo. The only way to bypass it is by closing and reopening my laptop. I think on the black...
  5. Black Screen On Startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Black Screen On Startup: When I turn on the computer it opens the forst boot-up screen/splash screen but then goes black. I can't see nor access anything. I've tried system restores and resets but still black....
  6. Black screen on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen on startup: Idk how this happened, but my pc is fucked. Updated it last night. After the update, I didn't bother using it cuz I wanted to sleep. I used the 'update and shutdown' button from start. Then, this morning, my pc decided to remove the update and then after that I tried using...
  7. Black Screen on Startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen on Startup: After updating one of my display drivers my screen went totally black. Ive restarted my computer many times and still get a black screen. It also seems that I am unable to boot up the safe mode menu through the key shortcuts....
  8. Black Screen on Startup or Restart.....Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen on Startup or Restart.....Windows 10: When I start or restart my PC, I get a black screen 3 out of 4 times but you can hear all the fans and HDD sounds but no HDD activity light. I have traded out HDD's and Power Supply, still no joy. All drivers are up to date, I turned off Fast Startup and even removed all the...
  9. Black Screen at Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen at Startup: If I should start my own thread on this matter I shall but I am having serious issue for which no fix seems to work. Basically I have a friend's computer (running Win10 Home v1511) which has the black screen with cursor after login issue. I tried all the popular fixes for...
  10. black screen on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    black screen on startup: hi, i have acer aspire 5740 laplop, core i3, . A problem occured extending c windows drive as described below. it have 3 local drives c - 20gb boot primary drive d- 90 gb system , primary drive e - 50 gb logical some unallocated space, i was extending c ,by...