Windows 10: Black screen on startup, then restarts.

Discus and support Black screen on startup, then restarts. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just installed Windows 10, but every time I start up the computer, it will show a black screen before getting to the login screen and then the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Feriscool, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Feriscool Win User

Black screen on startup, then restarts.

I just installed Windows 10, but every time I start up the computer, it will show a black screen before getting to the login screen and then the computer will restart by itself after about 5 seconds.

It does this over and over again.

Some things I've tried:

- I have multiple monitors, so I tried disabling the other in BIOS. Didn't work.
    - I tried booting from the integrated GPU rather than my NVidia GPU. Didn't work.
    - I unplugged my second monitor. Didn't work.
    - I updated my NVidia driver through safe mode. Didn't work.

What else can I do to fix this?

:)

Feriscool, Jul 30, 2015
  2. John Ado Win User

Black screen then pc restarts

Got it. In case the issue persists, try the steps mentioned in the article above.

Keep us on the loop.

John Ado, Jul 30, 2015
  3. John Ado Win User
    Black screen then pc restarts

Hi,

There could have been some system files that got corrupted during the installation of the update. Let's try running these commands:

• Press Windows key and type Command Prompt then run it as administrator.

• Type DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and press Enter.

• Once it's done, type sfc /scannow and
      press Enter.

• Restart your computer.

If the issue persists, follow the steps outlined in this
    article
    to isolate the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

If you think this was useful, feel free to mark it as an answer to help those who are facing the same problem.

John Ado, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Hydranix Win User

Check your event log from safe mode.

Hydranix, Jul 30, 2015
  5. Feriscool Win User
    Where do i find it?

Feriscool, Jul 30, 2015
  6. Are you using the bios defaults? If not maybe give that a try.

alkaufmann, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Black screen on startup, then restarts. - Similar Threads - Black screen startup

2. Screen Goes Black For 2-3 Minutes After Startup/Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen Goes Black For 2-3 Minutes After Startup/Restart: Upon reaching the desktop after a restart or startup, my screen goes completely black for 2-3 minutes. After that, the desktop appears again and everything works as expected – although some system tray items continue to load. This is not an intermittent thing - it happens...
  3. Startup boot to black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Startup boot to black screen: ive recently built a new computer and installed windows 10 from the usb media however after a day or so the computer will boot to a black screen several times before give the C:\windows\system32\logfiles\srt\srttrialtxt error message. I have tried just about everything when I...
  4. Black screen after RESTART.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen after RESTART.: Hello, I have made a complete, fresh install of Windows 10 Pro on HP 6300 Microtower. During the installation process, Windows 10 restarted and... I saw black screen for quite a long time. So I held POWER button for 5 seconds, PC turned off... Turned it on again...
  5. Black Screen on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen on startup: New Dell XPS8920-7107-SLV-PUS starts with a Black Screen (no Dell screen) for about 40+ seconds. Screen then comes up to the "spinning circle of ball" and the "Please Wait". Everything is normal after this. The total time for PC to fully start and being used is about 70...
  6. Black Screen at Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen at Startup: If I should start my own thread on this matter I shall but I am having serious issue for which no fix seems to work. Basically I have a friend's computer (running Win10 Home v1511) which has the black screen with cursor after login issue. I tried all the popular fixes for...
  7. Black screen on startup with mouse

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen on startup with mouse: Hi, Windows 10 updated correctly and without any errors, however when I boot it normally, it just black screens with the mouse cursor. Safe mode works and I used that to update my graphics card, thinking that that was the problem, however it still is a black screen and...
  8. Black Screen on restart, no display signal!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen on restart, no display signal!: Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm having a nightmare trying to reinstall windows 10. I'll give a very brief description running up to this problem. Firstly I was using Windows7 and upgraded to windows 10 some time ago and everything worked, other than when it comes to...
  9. black screen on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    black screen on startup: hi, i have acer aspire 5740 laplop, core i3, . A problem occured extending c windows drive as described below. it have 3 local drives c - 20gb boot primary drive d- 90 gb system , primary drive e - 50 gb logical some unallocated space, i was extending c ,by...
  10. Black Screen with Cursor at startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen with Cursor at startup: 2nd time poster, 1st time...."new threader". I kind of jumped into another black screen thread with this and it was suggested (rightly) that I start a new one. I'll just copy/paste what I posted there. I'm kind of a computer semi-literate, so forgive any dumb questions I...