Black screen on startup, then restarts.

Discus and support Black screen on startup, then restarts. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just installed Windows 10, but every time I start up the computer, it will show a black screen before getting to the login screen and then the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Feriscool, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Feriscool Win User

I just installed Windows 10, but every time I start up the computer, it will show a black screen before getting to the login screen and then the computer will restart by itself after about 5 seconds.

It does this over and over again.

Some things I've tried:

- I have multiple monitors, so I tried disabling the other in BIOS. Didn't work.
    - I tried booting from the integrated GPU rather than my NVidia GPU. Didn't work.
    - I unplugged my second monitor. Didn't work.
    - I updated my NVidia driver through safe mode. Didn't work.

What else can I do to fix this?

:)

Feriscool, Jul 30, 2015
  2. John Ado Win User

Black screen then pc restarts

Got it. In case the issue persists, try the steps mentioned in the article above.

Keep us on the loop.

John Ado, Jul 30, 2015
  3. John Ado Win User
    Black screen then pc restarts

Hi,

There could have been some system files that got corrupted during the installation of the update. Let's try running these commands:

• Press Windows key and type Command Prompt then run it as administrator.

• Type DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and press Enter.

• Once it's done, type sfc /scannow and
      press Enter.

• Restart your computer.

If the issue persists, follow the steps outlined in this
    article
    to isolate the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

If you think this was useful, feel free to mark it as an answer to help those who are facing the same problem.

John Ado, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Hydranix Win User

Check your event log from safe mode.

Hydranix, Jul 30, 2015
  5. Feriscool Win User
    Where do i find it?

Feriscool, Jul 30, 2015
  6. alkaufmann Win User
    Are you using the bios defaults? If not maybe give that a try.

alkaufmann, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Black screen on startup, then restarts. - Similar Threads - Black screen startup

2. windows stuck at "Restarting..." for long after received microsoft update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows stuck at "Restarting..." for long after received microsoft update: Windows 10(Enterprise) windows stuck at "Restarting..." for long after received microsoft update it's a desktop computer; and remote users connect to via remote desktop; however, every time after received Microsoft update, the system will stuck at "Restarting..." for...
  3. Screen display size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen display size: How do I change the size of my screen display. I have a monitor inside a cabinet but the cabinet isn't wide enough for the screen so most of the icons on the left side are hidden. I need to make the display narrower. Thanks....
  4. screen time issue

screen time issue: I have created a Microsoft family and my child plays using his own account with a limited screen time. However, Microsoft constantly sends numerous requests for more screen time at night when my child is asleep. I know that PC was powered on but nobody was at the computer....
  5. Win10 update unfinished install for personal settings Aug 2018, hung on black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 update unfinished install for personal settings Aug 2018, hung on black screen: An automatic Win10 update downloaded to my laptop in the last couple of days, not sure exactly when, Aug. 12-14/18? It installed upon shutdown. When I next booted up, the installation proceeded, then when I logged in (to MS option) it showed a small box, Updating personal...
  6. Stop code: Video_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR restarting computer, Office 2016 error

Stop code: Video_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR restarting computer, Office 2016 error: The same computer in this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/stop-code-videodxgkrnlfatalerror-restarting/9ff9c2fa-dc19-472c-ac83-586d45225c85 is getting the Stopcode error again. [ATTACH] The error happened again and the error...
  7. Blue Screen

Blue Screen: So my computer works and then shuts off to blue screen. It has had multiple codes and they are as follows: IRQL_not_less_or_equal Kmode Bad Pool Header System Thread Exception not Handled I think my hard drive is failing but can anyone give me advice. If I need a new...
  8. Laptop webcam shows only a black screen in Camera / Skype apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop webcam shows only a black screen in Camera / Skype apps: So I just got a new laptop (MSI GE73 8RF) and noticed that the webcam doesn't seem to show any image in apps, only shows a black screen. The weird thing is it works perfectly fine on sites like www.onlinemictest.com/webcam-test/ but not on any of the Windows apps. Skype also...
  9. make text appear darker on the screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    make text appear darker on the screen: I have windows 10 and the letters are mostly light. Some letters are darker than other but really hard to read. I have hunted and hunted to find where I can make the text more bold. This ole grannie really needs help. Thank you DeLories...
  10. PC screen stutters when using mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC screen stutters when using mouse and keyboard: When I type with the keyboard or move the mouse the screens stutters for about 0.2 seconds and then does it again after 2 or 3 seconds if I continue to use them. I have tried troubleshooting, scanning for viruses, uninstalling drivers, different mouse and keyboard and...