Black screen on startup, then restarts.

Discus and support Black screen on startup, then restarts. in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I just installed Windows 10, but every time I start up the computer, it will show a black screen before getting to the login screen and then the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Feriscool, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Feriscool Win User

I just installed Windows 10, but every time I start up the computer, it will show a black screen before getting to the login screen and then the computer will restart by itself after about 5 seconds.

It does this over and over again.

Some things I've tried:

- I have multiple monitors, so I tried disabling the other in BIOS. Didn't work.
    - I tried booting from the integrated GPU rather than my NVidia GPU. Didn't work.
    - I unplugged my second monitor. Didn't work.
    - I updated my NVidia driver through safe mode. Didn't work.

What else can I do to fix this?

:)

Feriscool, Jul 31, 2015
  2. John Ado Win User

Black screen then pc restarts

Got it. In case the issue persists, try the steps mentioned in the article above.

Keep us on the loop.

John Ado, Jul 31, 2015
  3. John Ado Win User
    Black screen then pc restarts

Hi,

There could have been some system files that got corrupted during the installation of the update. Let's try running these commands:

• Press Windows key and type Command Prompt then run it as administrator.

• Type DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and press Enter.

• Once it's done, type sfc /scannow and
      press Enter.

• Restart your computer.

If the issue persists, follow the steps outlined in this
    article
    to isolate the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

If you think this was useful, feel free to mark it as an answer to help those who are facing the same problem.

John Ado, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Hydranix Win User

Check your event log from safe mode.

Hydranix, Jul 31, 2015
  5. Feriscool Win User
    Where do i find it?

Feriscool, Jul 31, 2015
  6. alkaufmann Win User
    Are you using the bios defaults? If not maybe give that a try.

alkaufmann, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Black screen on startup, then restarts. - Similar Threads - Black screen startup

1. Black login screen + fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Black login screen + fast startup: After starting up my pc the first thing that I see is the image and date, so after pressing enter i should get the login screen but in my case i get a black screen and after 2-3 seconds back at the first screen. Pressing enter again get me the same resoults few times,...
  2. Black screen on startup, explorer.exe doesn't start automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen on startup, explorer.exe doesn't start automatically: When I start windows I get a black screen with a command prompt. I have to use ctrl-alt-del and start explorer.exe as a new task. This is also happening in safe mode. I have looked through multiple forums to find a solution: most of them recommend running sfc /scannow and...
  3. Black Screen on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen on startup: New Dell XPS8920-7107-SLV-PUS starts with a Black Screen (no Dell screen) for about 40+ seconds. Screen then comes up to the "spinning circle of ball" and the "Please Wait". Everything is normal after this. The total time for PC to fully start and being used is about 70...
  4. Black Screen for 1 min every startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen for 1 min every startup: New PC (check my specs) that has a problem. From the first start up I always get a Black screen that lasts just over 1 minute. Then the screen starts with the Welcome Screen. Then everything is OK (some times - another post will follow). I have UEFI which I know nothing...
  5. HP Startup Black Screen - Strange behaviour!

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Startup Black Screen - Strange behaviour!: This morning my laptop stopped working. When loading what appears is just a black screen. Nothing more. The last thing I did on my pc was watching a film and I didn't download or install anything. I tried to make sure that the screen isn't broken by plugging it to a...
  6. Windows 10 - black screen at startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - black screen at startup: started my desktop computer after being off for 24 hours, and it starts up with a black screen, the screen says from time to time no video input. I swapped cables, a different type of connection, nothing. When I opened the box, I see it restarting after about a minute,...
  7. Black Screen with Cursor at startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen with Cursor at startup: 2nd time poster, 1st time...."new threader". I kind of jumped into another black screen thread with this and it was suggested (rightly) that I start a new one. I'll just copy/paste what I posted there. I'm kind of a computer semi-literate, so forgive any dumb questions I...