Windows 10: Black Screen On Startup (This is a weird one)

Discus and support Black Screen On Startup (This is a weird one) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So as of a few days ago I came back home from school and even though my pc was on before i left the house and working properly, the screen was black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Knhife, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Knhife Win User

Black Screen On Startup (This is a weird one)

So as of a few days ago I came back home from school and even though my pc was on before i left the house and working properly, the screen was black when i came home, now I have tried all the types of troubleshooting and I dont quite understand what could be the problem because when i turn on my pc, im greeted with the msi picture that sais “enthusiast gaming” “press del for BIOS and f11 to run boot menu” so i let it wait and let the circle spin to startup windows, so as the circle stops spinning the screen just goes black, so heres where it gets weird, ive used the boot manager for windows 10 and every time i try reinstalling windows it never works and ive tried a bunch of cmd commands to fix that, they dont work either, and today i pressed enter and entered my password like i would if i could see the screen, i dont know if that worked or not, because the screen remains black, so its black screen post and prior sign-in i assume, i also have no cursor present, and i pressed the windows key+P to see if i could do anything, that worked, but i can only see the info that windows key+P does and ive tried changing the screen and stuff like that,(keep in mind this is the only shortcut that works/shows something on the black screen so i cba to try other shortcuts), i am also on a custom built desktop, i honestly dont know what the problem could be, the monitor?, no because i can see everything until windows signin, the graphics card not working? no because i am given the box when i press windows key+P i dont know what could be wrong and i have tried using another monitor where the same stuff

happens. please help i dont know what to do

:)

Knhife, Nov 17, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Nov 17, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Black screen at initial startup, no cursor

Hi,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested and check the status of the issue.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Nov 17, 2018
  4. Black Screen On Startup (This is a weird one)

Black screen in windows 10 on startup

Hi Willu,

Getting a black screen on startup may imply a problem with the display adapter, having an outdated driver, or could be that it was just finalizing the recent upgrade. To help sort out and address this problem, we suggest that you follow the steps provided
    in the link,
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Please update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

Black Screen On Startup (This is a weird one)

1. Black Screen On Startup (This is a weird one) - Similar Threads - Black Screen Startup

2. Weird black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird black screen: This happened just now, I have an expensive Acer Nitro 5 laptop, and while I was talking to my friends on an app app caled discord, random black screen, no cursor, nothing, I restart, and after a few seconds the same black screen pops up, there is no sound, nothing, I then...
  3. Weird black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird black screen: This happened just now, I have an expensive Acer Nitro 5 laptop, and while I was talking to my friends on an app app caled discord, random black screen, no cursor, nothing, I restart, and after a few seconds the same black screen pops up, there is no sound, nothing, I then...
  4. Weird black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Black screen on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen on startup: Whenever I login to my pc, things like discord and steam run on start, and then after about 30 seconds, the screen goes black, and the only way I can get it back to normal is by using the record video shortcut with the Radeon program that came with my GPU submitted by...
  6. Black screen on startup.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen on startup.: This isn't a major problem, but a minor nuisance. When I restart my laptop not including fast startups or waking from sleep mode there's a black screen that appears after the Windows logo. The only way to bypass it is by closing and reopening my laptop. I think on the black...
  7. Black Screen On Startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Black Screen On Startup: When I turn on the computer it opens the forst boot-up screen/splash screen but then goes black. I can't see nor access anything. I've tried system restores and resets but still black....
  8. Weird Black Screen

Weird Black Screen: So I was browsing this subreddit and found a video on how to disable bing in windows search and I did it and It worked but then I shut down my computer and the next time I turned my laptop on it gave a black screen and i was terrified. What I did was I was just force...
  9. Black screen on startup

Black screen on startup: Idk how this happened, but my pc is fucked. Updated it last night. After the update, I didn't bother using it cuz I wanted to sleep. I used the 'update and shutdown' button from start. Then, this morning, my pc decided to remove the update and then after that I tried using...
  10. black screen on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    black screen on startup: hi, i have acer aspire 5740 laplop, core i3, . A problem occured extending c windows drive as described below. it have 3 local drives c - 20gb boot primary drive d- 90 gb system , primary drive e - 50 gb logical some unallocated space, i was extending c ,by...