Windows 10: Black screen on startup with mouse

Discus and support Black screen on startup with mouse in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Windows 10 updated correctly and without any errors, however when I boot it normally, it just black screens with the mouse cursor. Safe mode works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoeStoffel, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Black screen on startup with mouse

Hi, Windows 10 updated correctly and without any errors, however when I boot it normally, it just black screens with the mouse cursor. Safe mode works and I used that to update my graphics card, thinking that that was the problem, however it still is a black screen and sometimes I get error notification for WerFault.exe. My CPU is an Intel Core i3 2120 and my graphics is an AMD radeon HD 6850. If someone has any knowledge on how to fix this, I would greatly appreciate it.

:)

JoeStoffel, Aug 5, 2015
  2. rl03 Win User

Black Screen with Mouse on Startup Instaed of Windows 10

Hello, Orr971. Black screen with cursor after Windows 10 installed? No worries, here is the link for help:
    GDPR Notification.

Regards,

#OneMSFT

rl03, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Orr971 Win User
    Black Screen with Mouse on Startup Instaed of Windows 10

Hello!

Yesterday I updated my Windows to the highly anticipated Windows 10. I was excited.

I burned an ISO to a DVD and installed. It took some time. I waited.

Afterwards, the lock screen came up. All natural. I typed in my password, clicked Enter.

This is is the tricky part: instead of my desktop, I get this black screen with a mouse on it. I can movie the mouse. I can press ctrl-alt-delete, I can lock the PC normally. Beyond that, nothing. No desktop, no apps, no Windows. I'm pretty upset.

Somebody suggested to to do a repair by clicking F8 on boot and choose to reinstall the Windows. Problem is: the only way that was suggested was reinstalling the Windows and deleting all of my apps and software. I don't want that. Not one bit.

howdo I fix it? Can I reinstall and repair without getting raid of months of data that I have on my PC that I love and I don't wanna get raid of?

Orr971, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

Black screen on startup with mouse

1. Black screen on startup with mouse - Similar Threads - Black screen startup

2. windows startup to black screen with power symbol and mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows startup to black screen with power symbol and mouse: Just as the title says. But the power is in the bottom right corner instead of the left. I have to restart and it boots just fine. this happens once or twice a week. I'm assuming explorer.exe is not starting. Any ideas?Thx, Dave...
  3. windows startup to black screen with power symbol and mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows startup to black screen with power symbol and mouse: Just as the title says. But the power is in the bottom right corner instead of the left. I have to restart and it boots just fine. this happens once or twice a week. I'm assuming explorer.exe is not starting. Any ideas?Thx, Dave...
  4. windows startup to black screen with power symbol and mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Black screen on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen on startup: Whenever I login to my pc, things like discord and steam run on start, and then after about 30 seconds, the screen goes black, and the only way I can get it back to normal is by using the record video shortcut with the Radeon program that came with my GPU submitted by...
  6. Black screen on startup.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen on startup.: This isn't a major problem, but a minor nuisance. When I restart my laptop not including fast startups or waking from sleep mode there's a black screen that appears after the Windows logo. The only way to bypass it is by closing and reopening my laptop. I think on the black...
  7. Black Screen On Startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Black Screen On Startup: When I turn on the computer it opens the forst boot-up screen/splash screen but then goes black. I can't see nor access anything. I've tried system restores and resets but still black....
  8. Black screen on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen on startup: Idk how this happened, but my pc is fucked. Updated it last night. After the update, I didn't bother using it cuz I wanted to sleep. I used the 'update and shutdown' button from start. Then, this morning, my pc decided to remove the update and then after that I tried using...
  9. Black Screen on Startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen on Startup: After updating one of my display drivers my screen went totally black. Ive restarted my computer many times and still get a black screen. It also seems that I am unable to boot up the safe mode menu through the key shortcuts....
  10. black screen on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    black screen on startup: hi, i have acer aspire 5740 laplop, core i3, . A problem occured extending c windows drive as described below. it have 3 local drives c - 20gb boot primary drive d- 90 gb system , primary drive e - 50 gb logical some unallocated space, i was extending c ,by...