Windows 10: Black screen on startup

Discus and support Black screen on startup in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I login to my pc, things like discord and steam run on start, and then after about 30 seconds, the screen goes black, and the only way I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HahaFunnyGetIt, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Black screen on startup

Whenever I login to my pc, things like discord and steam run on start, and then after about 30 seconds, the screen goes black, and the only way I can get it back to normal is by using the record video shortcut with the Radeon program that came with my GPU

submitted by /u/HahaFunnyGetIt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HahaFunnyGetIt, Apr 7, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Black screen at initial startup, no cursor

Hi,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested and check the status of the issue.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Black screen on startup

Black screen in windows 10 on startup

Hi Willu,

Getting a black screen on startup may imply a problem with the display adapter, having an outdated driver, or could be that it was just finalizing the recent upgrade. To help sort out and address this problem, we suggest that you follow the steps provided
    in the link,
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Please update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Black screen on startup

1. Black screen on startup - Similar Threads - Black screen startup

2. Black screen on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen on startup: Whenever I start my laptop, there is only black screen and no windows logo nothing. And caps lock is also unresponsive. It has started 1 week ago. I didn't update anything. I have tried many things but nothing changed. I don't know it is damage screen or drivers of windows...
  3. black screen on startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    black screen on startup: I am using canvas laptab LT777 with intel atom processor Z series inbuilt windows 10 operating system. I am facing black screen on startup nothing will go on to the screen. no bios screen showing startup shows only black screen . help me to solve this as soon as possible....
  4. Black Screen in startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black Screen in startup: This is actually the issue, i click on windows key + R then i typed msconfig. I go to boot and click boot. And then i checked the safe boot. So everytime i open my computer will be on safe mode. But unfortunately this safe mode turns my screen black. I just want to know how...
  5. Black screen on startup.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen on startup.: This isn't a major problem, but a minor nuisance. When I restart my laptop not including fast startups or waking from sleep mode there's a black screen that appears after the Windows logo. The only way to bypass it is by closing and reopening my laptop. I think on the black...
  6. Black Screen On Startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Black Screen On Startup: When I turn on the computer it opens the forst boot-up screen/splash screen but then goes black. I can't see nor access anything. I've tried system restores and resets but still black....
  7. Black screen on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen on startup: Idk how this happened, but my pc is fucked. Updated it last night. After the update, I didn't bother using it cuz I wanted to sleep. I used the 'update and shutdown' button from start. Then, this morning, my pc decided to remove the update and then after that I tried using...
  8. Black Screen on Startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen on Startup: After updating one of my display drivers my screen went totally black. Ive restarted my computer many times and still get a black screen. It also seems that I am unable to boot up the safe mode menu through the key shortcuts....
  9. Black Screen at Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen at Startup: If I should start my own thread on this matter I shall but I am having serious issue for which no fix seems to work. Basically I have a friend's computer (running Win10 Home v1511) which has the black screen with cursor after login issue. I tried all the popular fixes for...
  10. black screen on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    black screen on startup: hi, i have acer aspire 5740 laplop, core i3, . A problem occured extending c windows drive as described below. it have 3 local drives c - 20gb boot primary drive d- 90 gb system , primary drive e - 50 gb logical some unallocated space, i was extending c ,by...