Windows 10: Black screen on Thinkpad E595 while/after update, WIN 10

Discus and support Black screen on Thinkpad E595 while/after update, WIN 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a LENOVO E595 Thinkpad Notebook with Windows 10 installed. I just installed LENOVO VANTAGE, which suggested several updates. I agreed to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SiBu987, May 26, 2020.

1. SiBu987 Win User

Black screen on Thinkpad E595 while/after update, WIN 10

I have a LENOVO E595 Thinkpad Notebook with Windows 10 installed. I just installed LENOVO VANTAGE, which suggested several updates.
    I agreed to install the updates, went away to work on my desktop pc. When I returned after a while, the screen of the notebook was and still is black. There is no sign of activity on the screen, contrary to what I expect during updates. The device does not react to any keyboard activity. I cannot turn it off via the on/off-switch or pulling the plug, there is no reaction to alt-ctr-del.

I can hear the fan of the device working though it has an ssd only, so i do not know if there is storage medium activity.

I am wondering, whether the update is still running after - I estimate - over an hour or if an error has occured.

I cannot remember what exactly the proposed updates were. One might be a proposed biosrather sure than not sure, another one some kind of driver updatepackage rather not sure than sure about that one. Don't remember what the third one might have been.

Thank you for any advice what to do.

:)

SiBu987, May 26, 2020

2. Win 10 Pro Anniversary Update = black screen when running games. Is there a fix?

Recently updated to the Anniversary Update for Win 10 Pro. I held out for a while but decided to go ahead and install it. I am now receiving black screens when running games. The only work around is to run them in windowed mode rather than full screen. I can't update my video card drivers as they are the latest. Running a GTX 1070.

Is there any known fix for this?

Flogger23m, May 26, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, May 26, 2020
  4. Black screen on Thinkpad E595 while/after update, WIN 10

Black Screen Isuue in Window 10

Hi kashish,

I would appreciate you for trying troubleshooting steps.

To understand the issue better, I request you to answer few questions:

• Does black screen appear when you before user login’s or after user has logged in ?
    • Does black screen appears when you lock your pc?
    This problem occurs because of a change in the behavior of Win Logon and Logon UI. This change introduces the potential for the deadlock.

I would also suggest you to install all the updates available for the system and check if it helps.

Follow the Below steps:

• Type settings in the Search area on the taskbar and select Settings
    • Select Update and Security.
    • Click on Windows Update and select Check for Updates

Keep us posted with the status of the issue. We’ll be glad to assist if you need further assistance.

Thank you

Sujay Balraj, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Black screen on Thinkpad E595 while/after update, WIN 10

1. Black screen on Thinkpad E595 while/after update, WIN 10 - Similar Threads - Black screen Thinkpad

2. Win 10, Black screen after Login possible after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10, Black screen after Login possible after update: HelloSo, since today, my windows 10 Laptop shows me a black screen after LOGONThat means it bootsIt shows me the Windows Logon screen with background, it shows my WIFI is connected.As soon as I put in my PIN it will load for a long time, then show a black screen.I do not see...
  3. Win 10, Black screen after Login possible after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10, Black screen after Login possible after update: HelloSo, since today, my windows 10 Laptop shows me a black screen after LOGONThat means it bootsIt shows me the Windows Logon screen with background, it shows my WIFI is connected.As soon as I put in my PIN it will load for a long time, then show a black screen.I do not see...
  4. Win 10, Black screen after Login possible after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My Lenovo Thinkpad e595 is in a Recovery Loop -- Password Not Recognized

My Lenovo Thinkpad e595 is in a Recovery Loop -- Password Not Recognized: Device: Lenovo ThinkPad e595 20NF0012US Ryzen 5 3500U 250Gb SSD Windows 10 Professional 20H2 I have disconnected all peripheral devices. After installing an update to Feature update 20H2 on about April 6, 2021, my laptop screen began shaking fiercely. The Logitech...
  6. Black screen after new win 10 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after new win 10 update: After i downloaded nee update and restarted pc i see only Black screen please help submitted by /u/FalesnyNemo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l2r44u/black_screen_after_new_win_10_update/
  7. Black screen before log in after win 10 updates

Black screen before log in after win 10 updates: After win 10 updates yesterdaymay have been interupted cannot log in on Acer Aspire 7535G. This laptop has not been used for a few months but was working before the updates. I have tried turning the on off switch 3 times. I have tried control/alt del also Win+ctrl+shift+b....
  8. Win 10 Black Screen after restart to install update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 Black Screen after restart to install update: Here is the detail. I download and install Win 10 ver 1903 (my current ver is 1803). After download and installed, windows tell me to restart the pc. I restart the PC PC case stop and run again as usual. But the thing is when my PC case start, the screen will show thr...
  9. Laptop Black Screen after Win 10 update

Laptop Black Screen after Win 10 update: I updated from win 7 to win 10 three years ago. All was well until March of this year, when the laptop sometimes failed to complete boot cycle and gave a black screen. The problem got worse and worse and I resorted to resetting the laptop and reinstalling Win 10,but now the...
  10. Black screen on Thinkpad E959 while/after update

Black screen on Thinkpad E959 while/after update: I have a LENOVO E595 Thinkpad Notebook with Windows 10 installed. I just installed LENOVO VANTAGE, which suggested several updates. I agreed to install the updates, went away to work on my desktop pc. When I returned after a while, the screen of the notebook was and still is...