Windows 10: BLACK SCREEN on Windows 10; has happened twice in last several days

Discus and support BLACK SCREEN on Windows 10; has happened twice in last several days in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have 2 computers. My oldest is a Lenovo T500. The other day, my screen went "blank", and when I attempted to start up, I had the dreaded "black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dmacalus, Mar 22, 2023.

1. dmacalus Win User

BLACK SCREEN on Windows 10; has happened twice in last several days

I have 2 computers. My oldest is a Lenovo T500. The other day, my screen went "blank", and when I attempted to start up, I had the dreaded "black screen." I was, ultimately, able to get in and "uninstall" the most recent quality update, and also went to a previous "restore point." After that, my system worked OK, for a couple of days. Tonight, it happened again, and I am attempting to remove the most recent quality update, to see if this resolves the issue. How do Fix this and prevent it from happening again? Thanks for your anticipated, hoped for, constructive response. ~ Den

:)

dmacalus, Mar 22, 2023
  2. Rose Cal Win User

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 22, 2023
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 22, 2023
  4. Remon Ont Win User

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Mar 22, 2023
Thema:

1. BLACK SCREEN on Windows 10; has happened twice in last several days - Similar Threads - BLACK SCREEN has

2. Computer Blue Screen twice while streaming in last few days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Blue Screen twice while streaming in last few days: HelloI have had my computer blue screen the last few times I have been streaming and am unsure why it would be happening as I have made no changes recentlyBoth times the error was to do with "IRQL Not Less or equal" with the file being ntoskrnl.exe although one of the...
  3. Computer Blue Screen twice while streaming in last few days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Blue Screen twice while streaming in last few days: HelloI have had my computer blue screen the last few times I have been streaming and am unsure why it would be happening as I have made no changes recentlyBoth times the error was to do with "IRQL Not Less or equal" with the file being ntoskrnl.exe although one of the...
  4. BLACK SCREEN on Windows 10; has happened twice in last several days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BLACK SCREEN on Windows 10; has happened twice in last several days: I have 2 computers. My oldest is a Lenovo T500. The other day, my screen went "blank", and when I attempted to start up, I had the dreaded "black screen." I was, ultimately, able to get in and "uninstall" the most recent quality update, and also went to a previous "restore...
  5. BLACK SCREEN on Windows 10; has happened twice in last several days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BLACK SCREEN on Windows 10; has happened twice in last several days: I have 2 computers. My oldest is a Lenovo T500. The other day, my screen went "blank", and when I attempted to start up, I had the dreaded "black screen." I was, ultimately, able to get in and "uninstall" the most recent quality update, and also went to a previous "restore...
  6. Blue screen happened twice in the last week.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen happened twice in the last week.: Hello my windows have blue screened twice in the last week.I send the links to both dmp files:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnawLDR1o_TNhk_z2uPv7Tifmnv_?e=nAWYs3https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnawLDR1o_TNhlDrCU3gkO8BNdwJ?e=mghpGQAfter today's blue screen i found 2 errors in event viewer:Fault...
  7. Blue screen happened twice in the last week.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen happened twice in the last week.: Hello my windows have blue screened twice in the last week.I send the links to both dmp files:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnawLDR1o_TNhk_z2uPv7Tifmnv_?e=nAWYs3https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnawLDR1o_TNhlDrCU3gkO8BNdwJ?e=mghpGQAfter today's blue screen i found 2 errors in event viewer:Fault...
  8. Blue screen happened twice in the last week.

9. BSOD's happened twice in a day

BSOD's happened twice in a day: Hi, While I was playing some games, my pc crashed with irql_not_less_or_equal. I made a quick research at google but nothing pops off. I want to add minidump's but can't find the attachment button. So I upload them here....
  10. Blue Screen Happening Several Times a Day

Blue Screen Happening Several Times a Day: Hey, Recently my Computer has been Blue Screening several times a day, ever since I did some windows updates. I have uploaded the dump files to one drive and was wondering if someone could give me some insight into what might be causing the problem? Thanks Sam...