Windows 10: Black screen or blank screen, in any way the user has no control

Discus and support Black screen or blank screen, in any way the user has no control in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I got a black / white screen after it turned on after an update. Looking for a solution I see many publications for black and white screens. What I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DanielBombardier, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Black screen or blank screen, in any way the user has no control

I got a black / white screen after it turned on after an update.

Looking for a solution I see many publications for black and white screens. What I found interesting is that the publication was closed, and many without an answer. Is Microsoft's policy such that if the moderator has no response and people in the community can not find the answer in a few months to block the publication? In retrospect, the answer is that Microsoft needs to do a better job of coding and testing.

Meanwhile, I will look for a solution to get some kind of display on the screen. After all I receive the sound of the welcome / start screen.

:)

DanielBombardier, Jul 3, 2019
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Jul 3, 2019
  4. chasw98 Win User

Black screen or blank screen, in any way the user has no control

Black screen or Blank screen, either way the user has no control

In September, 2017 got a Blank/Black screen after powering on after an update. As an anniversary present got the BUG again.

That is, after September, 2018 update. Re:

Blank screen after Windows 10 update on 9/12/2017

Searching for a "new" solution I see many post for black screen and blank screens. What I found interesting is that the post were locked, and many without an answer. Is the policy at Microsoft such that if the moderator does not have answer and the helpful
    community people cannot find the answer in a few months to lock the post? In retrospect, the answer is Microsoft needs to do a better job of coding and testing.

In the mean time, I will be looking for a solution to get some kind of display on the screen. After all I get sound from the welcome/startup screen.

chasw98, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

Black screen or blank screen, in any way the user has no control

1. Black screen or blank screen, in any way the user has no control - Similar Threads - Black screen blank

2. Blank/Black Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank/Black Screen: I was updating windows and then ran into a huge problem. When I turn on my PC it looks normal at first. Then it pops up with the a blue screen with time and date. Then I press enter and it goes to the login screen. From there the screen turned black after I try to login. Not...
  3. Blank/Black Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank/Black Screen: I was updating windows and then ran into a huge problem. When I turn on my PC it looks normal at first. Then it pops up with the a blue screen with time and date. Then I press enter and it goes to the login screen. From there the screen turned black after I try to login. Not...
  4. Blank/Black Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer is on but has blank screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer is on but has blank screen: So I've been having a problem with my rebuild (reusing my gpu but new cpu, mobo and ram) booting windows. Had the problem that windows 32bit would boot, realised my system could run 64bit so I wiped my ssds and installed windows 64bit. My computer wouldn't boot windows (blank...
  6. Black screen, no control.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen, no control.: I was playing minecraft java, and suddenly the desktop went black for no reason. Minecraft windows closed Automatically, and i restarted, log on to my account that i was using, and its just black desktop. I tried ctrl+alt +del and it worked i tried to open task manager...
  7. Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors: Recently while working on my laptop, i encountered a disturbance on my screen. Later on when i tried to restart my system, login page appeared as i signed in the whole screen was covered in black. At first i thought it was a sudden shut down due to some error. but then i...
  8. Getting blank/black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting blank/black screen: I wonder if anyone can help me. I am running Windows 10 on Toshiba Satellite laptop. After entering my password the screen goes blank and no operations are possible. I have tried the in built Windows recovery options but using the repair option it eventually returns to the...
  9. Black screen or Blank screen, either way the user has no control

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen or Blank screen, either way the user has no control: In September, 2017 got a Blank/Black screen after powering on after an update. As an anniversary present got the BUG again. That is, after September, 2018 update. Re:...
  10. Screen is blank. Nothing but black.

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen is blank. Nothing but black.: Ok, I had a problem with my start button not working so I followed a video which suggested to go into config and click on safe mode and restart the computer. well since then the computer starts but nothing but a black screen. Tried pressing all the f numbers, f8 etc and...