Windows 10: Black screen or blank screen, in any way the user has no control

Discus and support Black screen or blank screen, in any way the user has no control in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I got a black / white screen after it turned on after an update. Looking for a solution I see many publications for black and white screens. What I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DanielBombardier, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Black screen or blank screen, in any way the user has no control

I got a black / white screen after it turned on after an update.

Looking for a solution I see many publications for black and white screens. What I found interesting is that the publication was closed, and many without an answer. Is Microsoft's policy such that if the moderator has no response and people in the community can not find the answer in a few months to block the publication? In retrospect, the answer is that Microsoft needs to do a better job of coding and testing.

Meanwhile, I will look for a solution to get some kind of display on the screen. After all I receive the sound of the welcome / start screen.

:)

DanielBombardier, Jul 3, 2019
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Jul 3, 2019
  4. chasw98 Win User

Black screen or blank screen, in any way the user has no control

Black screen or Blank screen, either way the user has no control

In September, 2017 got a Blank/Black screen after powering on after an update. As an anniversary present got the BUG again.

That is, after September, 2018 update. Re:

Blank screen after Windows 10 update on 9/12/2017

Searching for a "new" solution I see many post for black screen and blank screens. What I found interesting is that the post were locked, and many without an answer. Is the policy at Microsoft such that if the moderator does not have answer and the helpful
    community people cannot find the answer in a few months to lock the post? In retrospect, the answer is Microsoft needs to do a better job of coding and testing.

In the mean time, I will be looking for a solution to get some kind of display on the screen. After all I get sound from the welcome/startup screen.

chasw98, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

Black screen or blank screen, in any way the user has no control

1. Black screen or blank screen, in any way the user has no control - Similar Threads - Black screen blank

2. Screen blanking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen blanking: When I view the screen at anagle from the side it looks all white and milky - If I look at it perpendicular screen it looks fine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-blanking/dedbb64f-e296-4928-afee-1546127d2121
  3. After update, Blank black screen!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After update, Blank black screen!: First let me say I don't know to much about computers, please bare with me! I have a laptop HP-15-ba051 windows 10. I don't know much but I do know it's only a year & a half old and barely ever been used. Then last week I went to use it but it was updating so I waited...……....
  4. Prolonged Spinning wheel on blank and black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Prolonged Spinning wheel on blank and black screen: Hi Microsoft, I am experiencing the following problem: The windows fails to restart as expected. It gets stuck on a black and blank screen where only a dotted spinning wheel is seen at the bottom. This appears next to the default ALIENWARE boot screen that loads after...
  5. Control Panel screen is black

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control Panel screen is black: … how do I fix it? TIA, AA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-panel-screen-is-black/94a55c7a-b895-40be-8cf1-570f52f7bc58
  6. Black/Blank screen only when a game has launched.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black/Blank screen only when a game has launched.: I can hear the game's music, but I cannot see the game at all, just blankness... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blackblank-screen-only-when-a-game-has-launched/ebdf28e5-909d-4780-8173-c0482eba4603
  7. Any controller I plug in makes the screen go black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any controller I plug in makes the screen go black: Just a week ago I was able to play games both with the keyboard and mouse and Xbox one or ps4 controllers. But recently whenever I plug in either of those controllers the screen goes black except for the mouse cursor. This happens even on the desktop before a game is booted...
  8. Black screen or Blank screen, either way the user has no control

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen or Blank screen, either way the user has no control: In September, 2017 got a Blank/Black screen after powering on after an update. As an anniversary present got the BUG again. That is, after September, 2018 update. Re:...
  9. Screen is blank. Nothing but black.

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen is blank. Nothing but black.: Ok, I had a problem with my start button not working so I followed a video which suggested to go into config and click on safe mode and restart the computer. well since then the computer starts but nothing but a black screen. Tried pressing all the f numbers, f8 etc and...
  10. Blank/black screen as Windows 10 is loading

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank/black screen as Windows 10 is loading: what is that part, or what is windows 10 doing, at the part when you are starting up your laptop and it goes past the cyan screen with the 4 windows and then a blank/black screen appears for 10 seconds or more until you get to the lockscreen wallpaper (with the time on it) or...