Windows 10: Black screen plus pointer alternates every 2 seconds

Discus and support Black screen plus pointer alternates every 2 seconds in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Every 2 sec it shows a few symbols along the bottom of the screen and a "wait" hourglass before changing back again. This is after successful log-in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by durban, Oct 1, 2018.

1. durban Win User

Black screen plus pointer alternates every 2 seconds

Every 2 sec it shows a few symbols along the bottom of the screen and a "wait" hourglass before changing back again. This is after successful log-in followed by a prolonged "welcome" screen. I can get to Task Manager, but can't see anything there that I understand - yes, an absolute beginner, so any simply-worded help gratefully received!

:)

durban, Oct 1, 2018
  2. PhilDale1 Win User

Lenovo yoga 2 Black screen with just mouse pointer

Can you help me please people, I was on my Lenovo Yoga 2 laptop on the net and my screen froze, mouse could not close any secured sites down. I turned off at the on/off switch, left for 15mins turned on and was met with a black screen and mouse pointer .
    I have read comments on this and tried to swipe from the right as some suggested to get to device manager, tried Windows + X but nothing happens all get is black screen nothing appears for even a second. I was on google when it froze.

PhilDale1, Oct 1, 2018
  3. Black Screen with Pointer

Hi Costa,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We will surely help you with simple steps to resolve your issue.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Is the black screen with courser appears after login or before login?

• Did you make any changes to the computer, prior to the issue?
    I suggest you to refer to the below link where the same type of issue had been discussed, refer to the suggestion given by
    Sharath Srinivasa on August 7, 2015.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ndows-10/cf3b4559-67d8-40e0-9cf2-ebf4528e1e78

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 1, 2018
  4. ugn10 Win User

Windows 10 Black Screen with the mouse pointer.

Hi,

Most of time when I press the power button, after few seconds, black screen appears with the mouse pointer.
    Hard Disk indicator flashes continuously, no changes and no error message on the screen.
    Even no change, if I press Alt+Ctrl+Del. It remains same till the time I do not press Reset button or I do not restart.
    When I press Reset button, only then it comes back with Windows Log in page.

I did ...
    • double check the hard disk cable connectivity,
    • clean boot and
    • even windows re-installation
    but still the same problem.

Please help me to fix this issue.

ugn10, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Black screen plus pointer alternates every 2 seconds - Similar Threads - Black screen plus

2. Black screen every 3 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen every 3 seconds: The problem is my laptop screen windows 10 gets black every 3 seconds. I use windows S it shows Project. I manage using arrows and enter to get to PC monitor only and the screen is black again. I cannot even manage to shut it down. What are the shortcuts for display settings...
  3. Black screen every 3 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen every 3 seconds: The problem is my laptop screen windows 10 gets black every 3 seconds. I use windows S it shows Project. I manage using arrows and enter to get to PC monitor only and the screen is black again. I cannot even manage to shut it down. What are the shortcuts for display settings...
  4. Windows 10 - Black screen every 30 seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Black screen every 30 seconds.: This keeps happening every 30 seconds. The screen goes black for 3seconds~ then everything comes back to normal without doing anything. If i am on browser i can still see the taskbar turning black and if i stay on desktop i can see the entire screen turns back. Even though...
  5. Desktop keeps turning black every 2-3 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop keeps turning black every 2-3 seconds: After shutting down my pc today during lunch, I opened it again after 1 hour. I signed in into my local user as usual, but when I got to see the desktop my taskbar didn't load and the screen kept flickering every 2 or so seconds. I cannot open any apps via desktop shortcuts...
  6. Desktop keeps turning black every 2-3 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop keeps turning black every 2-3 seconds: After shutting down my pc today during lunch, I opened it again after 1 hour. I signed in into my local user as usual, but when I got to see the desktop my taskbar didn't load and the screen kept flickering every 2 or so seconds. I cannot open any apps via desktop shortcuts...
  7. Desktop keeps turning black every 2-3 seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. black screen every 5 seconds or less

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen every 5 seconds or less: hello, I have a problem with my windows 10 laptop, every 5 seconds or less my screen turn black for a second and returns to normal nonstop, it's annoying because I can't do work with it...
  9. Screen freezes for a second every 2 seconds.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen freezes for a second every 2 seconds.: Ive had this for a while now, and ive tried every single fucking article on the internet. Microsoft Support does not help me. This didnt happen in windows 8.1, even though i did a clean install. Specs: CPU: AMD A6-6310 with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics GPU: AMD Radeon(TM) R4...
  10. My mouse pointer stops every 1/2 seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My mouse pointer stops every 1/2 seconds: Hello, sine last July after I decided to reinstall Win10 on my laptop (Dell Inspiron15 3000) the mouse pointer started to stop every 1/ seconds. I tried to update drivers, use dell update but nothing seems to work. It happen both when I use the touch pad and/or the a...