Windows 10: Black screen plus pointer alternates every 2 seconds

Discus and support Black screen plus pointer alternates every 2 seconds in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Every 2 sec it shows a few symbols along the bottom of the screen and a "wait" hourglass before changing back again. This is after successful log-in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by durban, Oct 1, 2018.

1. durban Win User

Black screen plus pointer alternates every 2 seconds

Every 2 sec it shows a few symbols along the bottom of the screen and a "wait" hourglass before changing back again. This is after successful log-in followed by a prolonged "welcome" screen. I can get to Task Manager, but can't see anything there that I understand - yes, an absolute beginner, so any simply-worded help gratefully received!

:)

durban, Oct 1, 2018
  2. PhilDale1 Win User

Lenovo yoga 2 Black screen with just mouse pointer

Can you help me please people, I was on my Lenovo Yoga 2 laptop on the net and my screen froze, mouse could not close any secured sites down. I turned off at the on/off switch, left for 15mins turned on and was met with a black screen and mouse pointer .
    I have read comments on this and tried to swipe from the right as some suggested to get to device manager, tried Windows + X but nothing happens all get is black screen nothing appears for even a second. I was on google when it froze.

PhilDale1, Oct 1, 2018
  3. Black Screen with Pointer

Hi Costa,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We will surely help you with simple steps to resolve your issue.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Is the black screen with courser appears after login or before login?

• Did you make any changes to the computer, prior to the issue?
    I suggest you to refer to the below link where the same type of issue had been discussed, refer to the suggestion given by
    Sharath Srinivasa on August 7, 2015.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ndows-10/cf3b4559-67d8-40e0-9cf2-ebf4528e1e78

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 1, 2018
  4. ugn10 Win User

Windows 10 Black Screen with the mouse pointer.

Hi,

Most of time when I press the power button, after few seconds, black screen appears with the mouse pointer.
    Hard Disk indicator flashes continuously, no changes and no error message on the screen.
    Even no change, if I press Alt+Ctrl+Del. It remains same till the time I do not press Reset button or I do not restart.
    When I press Reset button, only then it comes back with Windows Log in page.

I did ...
    • double check the hard disk cable connectivity,
    • clean boot and
    • even windows re-installation
    but still the same problem.

Please help me to fix this issue.

ugn10, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Black screen plus pointer alternates every 2 seconds - Similar Threads - Black screen plus

2. Asus laptop has been flickering black screen every second

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus laptop has been flickering black screen every second: Hi , so my 8 year old Asus laptop has been flickering black screen every second. I open wordpad and internet explorer and it immediately starts flickering. What can I do to solve this issue? I tried recovery mode nothing. I tried uninstalling some apps and programs on the...
  3. second mouse pointer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    second mouse pointer: for about 2 weeks now after some updates my Surface has been taking ages to boot. when it is finally running there is a second mouse pointer in a light circle on the display. it goes away after a while but the time varies...
  4. Windows Explorer crashing every 2 seconds!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer crashing every 2 seconds!: I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1803 build 17134.345 currently unable to operate my computer since this morning! Windows Explorer keeps on crashing every 2 seconds, I killed the process explorer.exe (by opening an elevated command prompt via Task Manager) and ran DISM /Online...
  5. My mouse pointer stops every 1/2 seconds

My mouse pointer stops every 1/2 seconds: Hello, sine last July after I decided to reinstall Win10 on my laptop (Dell Inspiron15 3000) the mouse pointer started to stop every 1/ seconds. I tried to update drivers, use dell update but nothing seems to work. It happen both when I use the touch pad and/or the a...
  6. delay / lag every 2 seconds

delay / lag every 2 seconds: it's been almost a year since i got this laptop and its been happening ever since. whenever i use the mouse, touchpad or graphics tablet, it starts to lag for 2 seconds and it happens every 3-5 seconds. i've tried restarting the computer, cleaning out files, uninstalling and...
  7. Second monitor black screen.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor black screen.: I have tried downloading multiple drivers to solve my monitor issue. I am trying to connect my external monitor. Having a laptop my main display works. My HDMI works correctly because using the same set up has worked with my TV screen. The monitor works fine with the other...
  8. Windows freezing every 2 seconds for a second at the time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows freezing every 2 seconds for a second at the time: Hey peeps! I'm helping a friend update her HP laptop (15-n204eo) to Win10 from 8. Problem is that after the update, the computer freezes every 1-2 seconds for 1-2 seconds. It is constant and never stops. Drivers are up to date and so it Windows itself. I've tried a...
  9. Black screen with mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with mouse pointer: I wanted to give some feedback for the 10061 build and when I did, Windows kindly offered to create a Microsoft Account for me as I didn't have one on my Dell 15R laptop. That worked fine and i was able to submit the feedback, but when I Signed out of the MS account so I...
  10. Laptop Freezes Every few seconds for 2-3 seconds.

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Freezes Every few seconds for 2-3 seconds.: Hello. I need Help Regarding my Laptop Freezing Problem. My Laptop Hardware. Intel Core i7 4510U 2.0 GHZ 1TB HDD 8GB RAM Intel Build in graphics card Windows 10 Home x64bit My Issue is that my computer is keep Freezing for two or 3 seconds or some time more....