Windows 10: Black screen problem solved

Discus and support Black screen problem solved in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; If after upgrading to Windows 10, you have the black screen but can see your mouse, then this is for you. After upgrading to Windows 10, I noticed that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by btownsend, Jul 29, 2015.

1. btownsend Win User

Black screen problem solved

If after upgrading to Windows 10, you have the black screen but can see your mouse, then this is for you. After upgrading to Windows 10, I noticed that my mouse cursor could go a little bit to the left of my left most monitor. This reminded me of my days of using Linux. Anyways, in my case, I have three ports on my video card, so that got me wondering if Windows thinks there's another display hooked up, when it actually is not. Probably because of the Nvidia card. So really, there is a small window to the left of the screen you can see now. When I talked to Dell, they recommended to try and press the windows key on the keyboard and the P simultaneously. He said to try that three times, but that did not work for me. So I decided to try other options and started clicking Windows key with other key combinations and I discovered that if you click the windows key and the plus button it zooms in. This makes the screen on the left suddenly appear but not fully and I had to zoom in four times, The more I zoomed in the further to the left I could go. So I realized that it was on the screen for the initial set up asking for me to pick my default settings for the regional choices such as time zone keyboard layout etc., since it was too hard to change anything I just left the defaults. Then at the bottom right I could move my mouse and click next. Then it went to the sign in for the windows user account. Though I could not see completely to the left I realized that this screen look familiar from before and then I just clicked tab to go to the password field and entered that a few screens were hard to see after that but I did some guessing and then the last case I tried the windows–P again and it fitted to my window. Then I was able to go forward with the rest of the settings and when I opened up the windows I realize that it had three monitor choices, which I had to delete the small one. I will try to post the screenshot of this later. Dell seriously owes me a computer, I know this will help them big time, but I doubt they will ever even say thanks.

:)

btownsend, Jul 29, 2015

2. Black Screen (Not Solved But No Longer A Problem)

Thank you for your reply,

I have tried some of that but i will try the rest, but first i have a question...I have no internet in safe mode with networking using wi-fi or ethernet cable, so if i uninstall the driver while in safe mode will it just install the driver i already have?

oh and is there any way to get around no internet in safe mode? ive tried suggestions i have found but nothing is working so far.

....and it happens with all my profiles.

SrtTrail says: Completed successfully. Error code = 0x0

Root cause found:

The operating system version is incompatible with start up repair.

bcdinfo includes:

Windows Memory Tester:

badmemoryaccess Yes

RAM Defects:

identifier {badmemory}

Global Settings:

identifier {bootloadersettings}

inherit {globalsettings}

{emssettings}

{badmemory}

sfc scan: did not find any integrity violations.

chkdsk: No problems

and No RunOnce processes or services.

Can't add a new profile in cmd promt using the steps in the thread that you provided.

Shell has value explorer.exe

High contrast is off.

10,542 Error, Warning, Critical Events since yesterday in event viewer, like:

Event 1000, Application error

- EventData

Explorer.EXE

559f3c97

Explorer.EXE

559f3c97

c0000005

000000000005b854

93c

01d12bb349b99278

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

3c4ad175-dd12-4555-b8f6-5be82a1f5d21

But the Majority are:

Event 10005, DistributedCOM

-EventData

param1 1084

param2 WSearch

param3 Unavailable

param4 {B52D54BB-4818-4EB9-AA80-F9EACD371DF8}

Event 10005, DistributedCOM

-EventData

param1 1084

param2 ShellHWDetection

param3 Unavailable

param4 {DD522ACC-F821-461A-A407-

50B198B896DC}

hAlCoMpUtEr, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Black Screen (Not Solved But No Longer A Problem)

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10. Not to worry. We're here to help you out. Appreciate the steps that you have taken so far to fix this issue.

• Do you receive any error code/message?
    Let us follow the steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa
    (replied on August 7, 2015) in the following thread that speaks about a possible solution for the related issue:

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Hope it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Just as addendum. If, after pressing Window key+P, you pressed the Down arrow 3 times and press Enter you would have switched to the alternate display.

Winkey + P brings this up:

Black screen problem solved [​IMG]

Pressing Down arrow 3 times takes you to Second screen only.
    Press Enter and see if you now have a Desktop.

Ztruker, Jul 30, 2015
  5. relyt80 Win User
    relyt80, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Black screen problem solved - Similar Threads - Black screen problem

2. help me to solve bsod and black screen problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help me to solve bsod and black screen problems: Im so confused, in one day my laptop can blue screen in 3 - 4 times!i've tried use windb to trace my bsod problems. but actually, i also can't use windbg properly.so, anyone please help me to explain what should i fixthis is my minidump fileMINIDUMP_FILEI am also very...
  3. help me to solve bsod and black screen problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    help me to solve bsod and black screen problems: Im so confused, in one day my laptop can blue screen in 3 - 4 times!i've tried use windb to trace my bsod problems. but actually, i also can't use windbg properly.so, anyone please help me to explain what should i fixthis is my minidump fileMINIDUMP_FILEI am also very...
  4. Blue error screen and then black screen, does anyone know how to solve the problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue error screen and then black screen, does anyone know how to solve the problem?: Hi everyone,I try to get more specific,I had the pc on while I was watching youtube as usual, at some point out of nowhere a blue windows error screen appears the one with the sad face and qr code to be clear, unfortunately I couldn't read the error code.After that the pc...
  5. Blue error screen and then black screen, does anyone know how to solve the problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue error screen and then black screen, does anyone know how to solve the problem?: Hi everyone,I try to get more specific,I had the pc on while I was watching youtube as usual, at some point out of nowhere a blue windows error screen appears the one with the sad face and qr code to be clear, unfortunately I couldn't read the error code.After that the pc...
  6. Blue error screen and then black screen, does anyone know how to solve the problem?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  7. Black screen problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen problem: Why my laptop suddenly black screen after log in?it's just happened today because I reinstalled device output..can someone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-problem/4e9cf7f5-73d2-4dc2-88cc-76eb498cfa72
  8. Black Screen cannot solve

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen cannot solve: Hello, I recently updated windows 10, shortly after my entire computer crashed. When I attempted to log back on Windows loaded for a second or two then promptly went to black screen. Keyboard was entirely unresponsive I used the caps lock and number lock to see if there was...
  9. Blue screen problem solving

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen problem solving: I have a desktop that started showing the blue screen informing of a problem. I have already tried all the possible suggestions presented to solve the problem , and my last option now, according to the information presented on the screen, is to reinstall Windows. It asks for...
  10. HOW TO SOlve black screen problem in windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW TO SOlve black screen problem in windows 10 ?: HOW TO SOlve black screen problem in windows 10 in hindi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-solve-black-screen-problem-in-windows-10/3de87802-cc9b-44d9-b360-1f7be77375f6