Windows 10: Black screen problem when pc tries to come out of sleep mode

Discus and support Black screen problem when pc tries to come out of sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; hello, About two months ago, I had a problem with not getting out of sleep mode, so I had to press the restart button on Case to bring up the screen. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by shayan_112, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Black screen problem when pc tries to come out of sleep mode

hello,
    About two months ago, I had a problem with not getting out of sleep mode, so I had to press the restart button on Case to bring up the screen. I checked the error checking section of the C drive, in cmd i used sfc /scannow command and dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth or scanhealth and if there was a problem, sfc scannow or dism restorehealth would repair it. but after a few days it happened again.

aftering starting windows,If I don't repair system files for 10 to 15 minutes, ntfs-file-system bsod usually happens to me.
    sometimes This problem occurs when i want to turn on the pc. To investigate this problem, I changed the monitor and the image cable, installed a remote desktop program to see when i don't have screen,can i check desktop with phone, but it failed. I checked the status of the ssd and hdd with s.m.a.r.t, which had no problems, ssd health was in good condition 90%. I even reinstalled Windows and it didn't solve the problem.

The last time I installed Windows,i installed it on the HDD, this time the number of times The problem happened was reduced, but it occured again. after this problem occurred on hdd, the computer would slow down a lot in the next restart, and it would not announce in the notification that there was a problem with the system files, but when I entered the error checkin for drive C ,Without scanning it said "we found potential errors on this drive", which it can't repair without restarting.
    I have Kaspersky total security and I scanned the system with it, there was no problem.

Now I do not know if the problem I have is from Windows or hardware, what else should I check and how to check it?

:)

shayan_112, Feb 12, 2021
  2. Olivia_hh Win User

windows 10 black screen after update and after leaving PC to sleep?

I've tried the steps you suggested but they don't seem to work. The black screen I'm facing is only when i try to shut down or leave my PC to sleep and its completely unresponsive no cursor or anything. I've tried things others have suggested but they don't
    seem to work, Is there anything else?

Thanks for your help so far!

Olivia_hh, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Frank_S_R Win User
    Black screen after sleep mode

Hello.

I updated windows last Saturday 19th September 2020 and after leaving it in sleep mode it doesn't work anymore. The computer is running, but the screen is black. I have already tried to press ctrl+shift+windows+B, but it doesn't work. When I force it to
    shut down by pressing the power button and something weird happens: if I'm not charging the laptop, it shuts down but as soon as I turn it on again, it only shows the black screen and the computer is on; if being off I start charging it, it automatically turns
    on with the black screen. It seems that if it is charching I'm unable to force it to shut down. I have also tried to run it with another os in an USB stick and still it doesn't work.

I have read that this is due to the las update in September. In some places it is suggested to use ctrl+shift+windows+B, but it doesn't work for me. They also suggest changing some settings in the computer, but I am not able to even access any settings because
    the laptop is still in the "running mode" with black screen.

Is there any solution for this? Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Frank_S_R, Feb 12, 2021
  4. smiley_s Win User

Black screen problem when pc tries to come out of sleep mode

Laptop PC Not Coming Out Of Sleep Mode

Hi; I'm having an issue with a HP laptop running Win 10 (Upgrade from Win 7 in 2017).

I had the laptop in sleep mode. When I opened the lid, I expected the laptop to power on.

The power light comes on, but I see nothing but a black screen. The fan is however running.

In addition, I'm not seeing the indicator light for the hard drive. I tried a forced power down, waited about a

minute, and then tried again. Nothing happened. Once again, the power light came on, but it is still showing

a black screen and no hard drive light.

When I originally put the laptop in sleep mode, it shut down normally, so I wasn't suspecting any issues.

I had the laptop in sleep mode for several hours, and not connected to AC power, only using the battery.

There was no new software downloaded to the laptop recently, the only recent change that I can think of

was an UI update to my anti-virus software (McAfee).

Could the issue be in some way related either to the UI update, or the hard drive?

Any suggestions to what may be causing these issues would be very helpful.

Thanks.

smiley_s, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

Black screen problem when pc tries to come out of sleep mode

1. Black screen problem when pc tries to come out of sleep mode - Similar Threads - Black screen problem

2. what may cause windows 10 to load to a black screen when coming out of sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what may cause windows 10 to load to a black screen when coming out of sleep mode?: This hasn't really happened before. I did see some errors in event viewer, but without going through them, I don't really know what it might be. I don't really want to do windows reinstallation, or things like that.If anyone might have other advice, please let me know.I did...
  3. what may cause windows 10 to load to a black screen when coming out of sleep mode?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    what may cause windows 10 to load to a black screen when coming out of sleep mode?: This hasn't really happened before. I did see some errors in event viewer, but without going through them, I don't really know what it might be. I don't really want to do windows reinstallation, or things like that.If anyone might have other advice, please let me know.I did...
  4. Black screen problem after coming out from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen problem after coming out from sleep mode: hello, About two months ago, I had a problem with not getting out of sleep mode, so I had to press the restart button on Case to bring up the screen. I checked the error checking section of the C drive, in cmd i used sfc /scannow command and dism /online /cleanup-image...
  5. Black screen when coming back from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen when coming back from sleep mode: I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 and the last two days I've had issues when coming back to the laptop after closing the lid and putting it into sleep mode. When I reopen the lid and press a button on the keyboard everything lights up like normal and starts running- except the...
  6. Automatic Reboot When COming Out of Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Reboot When COming Out of Sleep Mode: In the past couple weeks, my PC had started rebooting itself whenever it comes out of sleep mode. Before, it resumed wherever you were when it went to sleep. Now, it automatically reboots and takes you though the 5 minutes start up process before you can enter your PIN....
  7. Laptop PC Not Coming Out Of Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop PC Not Coming Out Of Sleep Mode: Hi; I'm having an issue with a HP laptop running Win 10 (Upgrade from Win 7 in 2017). I had the laptop in sleep mode. When I opened the lid, I expected the laptop to power on. The power light comes on, but I see nothing but a black screen. The fan is however running. In...
  8. No Display When System Comes Out of Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    No Display When System Comes Out of Sleep Mode: I have 3 monitors connected to dual NVIDIA GeForce GT640 video cards. The MB is ASRock Z77 Professional-M with Intel i3-3220 @3.3ghz Windows 10 Professional 64. When I manually put the system to sleep and come back later in the day and tap the spacebar to start the...
  9. Garbled screen coming out of Sleep mode ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Garbled screen coming out of Sleep mode ?: Win10 1703 Garbled screen coming out of Sleep mode only Very intermittent ..Tried another monitor same problem The Icons and Folders flash and If I can lucky on a reboot all is ok If not the only things I can see are the text part of the Icons , shortcuts and Folders...
  10. Black screen after initial startup but fine coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after initial startup but fine coming out of sleep mode: Hi! I'm not sure if I'm posting correctly so please let me know, but I was recommended to this site for help with my windows 10 update. I've contacted Microsoft twice now, but they weren't able to help either time. Basically when my computer is off and I turn it on, I see...