Windows 10: Black screen, rapidly blinking cursor, no ctrl-alt-del

Discus and support Black screen, rapidly blinking cursor, no ctrl-alt-del in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having a problem that- after the huge problem I had some weeks ago- have made me worried. My pc is a panasonic notebook running windows 10. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KansaiRobot, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Black screen, rapidly blinking cursor, no ctrl-alt-del

I am having a problem that- after the huge problem I had some weeks ago- have made me worried.

My pc is a panasonic notebook running windows 10. It is connected to a power plug that is somehow special- I don't know if that is the problem or not. (the plug disconnects itself after no use of some time)

Anyway, sometimes when I leave the pc idle for some time Without any warning, without any screen saver (by the way, does windows 10 still have screensavers, I couldnt find them) the screen goes black. any intent to do something makes the cursor appears as a arrow, blinking furiously. Nothing else can be done. No ctrl-alt-del or esc works.
    The only solution is to turn it off and on manually. then everything goes ok until it happens again

sometimes if I leave it idle for a long time, I can recover it, but if I try to go again immediately after it went black, then it is all over.

How can I solve this?

---------
    My traumatic experience I mentioned was that my brand new windows 10 machine went awful for a n entire week last time. I re-installed windows 10 like 5 times, and nothing worked. The machine was impossible to work . It took me 1hour and a half to launch one program. office was unworkable.

Turns out the problem was windows defender. It should have disabled itself automatically when another antivirus was installed but it didn't. I did it manually and now the machine works fast and ok (except for the thing I post above)

:)

KansaiRobot, Jul 2, 2017

2. Black Screen with Flashing Cursor Windows 10

Hello!

I updated to Windows 10 and am having issue where black screen with a flashing cursor appears during start up. I hit Ctrl + Alt + Del and it will reboot back into the same black screen with flashing cursor 3 times in a row, however on the 4th Ctrl + Alt
    + Del sequence it will successfully boot into Windows 10. It consistently requires this 4 Ctrl + Alt + Del restart into windows.

OS works great when I finally get into it but its really annoying to have to start a PC this way. Any ideas???

Steve

Steve BamBam, Jul 2, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Black Screen and blinking cursor

My screen is blank with a blinking cursor (every second or two) but I can move the cursor as usual. Windows 10 updates were installed (automatically) a day or two ago. Ctrl/Alt/Del does nothing. Rebooting doesn't help.

ChuckMcCallum, Jul 2, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

Black screen, rapidly blinking cursor, no ctrl-alt-del

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste these commands:

1) winver (in the pop up about windows view the windows version and build and post into the thread)

2) sfc /scannow

3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

4) net user test /add

5) chkdsk /scan

6) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread

7) shutdown /r

8) when the computer reboots sign on the new user named test

Check your computer for performance using the new user and report results into the thread.
    If this does not work there are more steps.
    Please make sure you provide details about the problems.

Also include any new hardware or software changes.
    When problems started.
    What you can do to alter the problems or make them go away.
    The troubleshooting steps that you have already performed.

zbook, Jul 3, 2017
Thema:

Black screen, rapidly blinking cursor, no ctrl-alt-del

1. Black screen, rapidly blinking cursor, no ctrl-alt-del - Similar Threads - Black screen rapidly

2. Blacks screen with cursor on laptop. CTRL + ALT + DEL doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blacks screen with cursor on laptop. CTRL + ALT + DEL doesn't work.: Hi,I hope someone can help me. I was on my laptop the other day and ended up with a malware pop up on my laptop. I did a Norton scan, and it said it fixed everything I just needed to restart for everything to be back to normal.. I've not been able to get to my home screen. I...
  3. Blacks screen with cursor on laptop. CTRL + ALT + DEL doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blacks screen with cursor on laptop. CTRL + ALT + DEL doesn't work.: Hi,I hope someone can help me. I was on my laptop the other day and ended up with a malware pop up on my laptop. I did a Norton scan, and it said it fixed everything I just needed to restart for everything to be back to normal.. I've not been able to get to my home screen. I...
  4. Blacks screen with cursor on laptop. CTRL + ALT + DEL doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My Laptop is showing black screen and a cursor and I cant access ctrl alt del

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop is showing black screen and a cursor and I cant access ctrl alt del: Help, my laptop is in black screen and a cursor, if I try ctrl all del it won't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-showing-black-screen-and-a-cursor-and/44144ae7-ee3d-49b0-8ae9-f1d2df3f140c
  6. CTRL + ALT + DEL delayed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    CTRL + ALT + DEL delayed: Hello, Recently I've had a couple of users report a very long delay after hitting CTRL + ALT + DEL One came into the help desk and I can confirm that it can take up to 10 minutes. The users machine was Windows 10 Version 2004. Lenovo Thinkpad T14. I disabled all non...
  7. black screen Ctrl+Alt+Del

black screen Ctrl+Alt+Del: Windows 10 all updates installed 4770K Asus 7970 top 3 GB 16GB ddr 3 SSD Evo 250gb for windows and a few games with around 90GB free space HDD 1TB A few times recently my computer didnt boot into windows.. A few times it booted to black screen with 'ctrl+alt+del restart'.....
  8. Ctrl+Alt+Del

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ctrl+Alt+Del: When I start the computer it is locked. It is asking for Ctrl+Alt+Del to be entered. When I do this there is no response. I cannot get to the password entry; the keyboard doesn't respond. How do I fix this?...
  9. Black screen with cursor and not able to open Task Manager after Ctrl+Alt+Del.

Black screen with cursor and not able to open Task Manager after Ctrl+Alt+Del.: There was multiple similar threads with different suggestions and resolutions. None of them worked for me, could be due to slight variation of causes. In my case, we had multiple(7) brand new Lenovo PC's(Win10Pro x64 v1803) with exact same problem: 1.First login OK 2....
  10. Lock screen is black, has to use Ctrl-Alt-Del

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock screen is black, has to use Ctrl-Alt-Del: Sometimes when I try to wake from sleep, the lock screen does not show up and I have to use Ctrl-Alt-Del to force to the login screen , not the lock screen. The login screen has name, profile picture and password. 44748