Windows 10: Black screen related to USB?

Discus and support Black screen related to USB? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I cold start my desktop (Windows 10 Home - 10.0.18363 Build 18363) I almost always get a black screen (after the MSI-logo). Nothing works anymore.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rowdain, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Rowdain Win User

Black screen related to USB?

When I cold start my desktop (Windows 10 Home - 10.0.18363 Build 18363) I almost always get a black screen (after the MSI-logo). Nothing works anymore. The odd thing is, when I make sure my mouse and keyboard are unplugged when starting up, it boots up just fine.
    The odd thing is, after logging in in Windows, I can restart the computer without a single problem, and it 'll boot up properly, whether my mouse and keyboard are plugged in or not.
    Any ideas?

Note: this is a new computer, but I had the same problems on my previous desktop (same keyb and mouse though).

:)

Rowdain, Dec 7, 2020

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Dec 7, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 7, 2020
  4. jds63 Win User

Black Screen after Log on

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, Dec 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Black screen related to USB? - Similar Threads - Black screen related

2. Black screen crash related to Nvidia driver possibly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen crash related to Nvidia driver possibly: Here's what Windbg shows about the minidump that was created after the crash on startup. I believe it's Nvidia but let me know your thoughts and how to solve this issue.I've installed a driver recently I believe, a new driver released by Nvidia. Microsoft R Windows Debugger...
  3. Black screen crash related to Nvidia driver possibly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen crash related to Nvidia driver possibly: Here's what Windbg shows about the minidump that was created after the crash on startup. I believe it's Nvidia but let me know your thoughts and how to solve this issue.I've installed a driver recently I believe, a new driver released by Nvidia. Microsoft R Windows Debugger...
  4. Black screen crash related to Nvidia driver possibly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Screen turns black for a second then returns; other issues related?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen turns black for a second then returns; other issues related?: Hi all, My laptop screen has been turning black for no longer than a second every so often and I'm concerned with the integrity of the laptop. With no stimulus, the screen just turns black with a few streaks of color. I'm not sure why this is occurring. My laptop has been...
  6. Black Screen from usb boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen from usb boot: I have been trying to boot from usb to upgrade windows 10. The screen shows a blinking cursor , then the windows logo and restarts, it even crashes completely sometimes , and I couldn't get to install no updates through the media creation tool directly , and unfortunately I...
  7. USB camera displays as black screen

USB camera displays as black screen: Hi all! I purchased the following product from Amazon: Jiusion USB Microscope I have four computers with the latest version of Windows 10 and tested the USB microscope on all four. On three, the device worked right after plugging it in. I used the Windows Camera app to...
  8. Consistent crashing and black screens related to HDD (potentially)

Consistent crashing and black screens related to HDD (potentially): Recently I have been having trouble to some extent with either my storage devices or something relevant to them. I'm not exactly sure what the issue is, what I do know is that upon trying to run certain programs from my HDD I experienced consistent crashes and extremely slow...
  9. Black screen on Installation? (USB Bootable)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen on Installation? (USB Bootable): I was planning to reformat my old pc so i downloaded windows 10 & created bootable USB. But when i tried to boot the usb drive, it just gives me blackscreen after the blue windows logo. Does anyone know how to fix it? I tried waiting for 20minutes but nothing happen at all,...
  10. Black screen after booting (not GPU related?)

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after booting (not GPU related?): Hello everyone. After a ton of research, I've decided to make an account here in hopes that maybe I can get a solution to an issue that I've been having. I have spent quite a bit of time trying to troubleshoot a desktop given to me by someone that I work with, and after...