Windows 10: Black Screen -> Restart -> Lose all Chrome bookmarks -> 'The specified module could not be...

Discus and support Black Screen -> Restart -> Lose all Chrome bookmarks -> 'The specified module could not be... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Help! I had my laptop closed on sleep mode and when I went back to it a few hours later.. the screen was black when I logged in so I restarted and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dylanhn, Apr 9, 2020.

1. dylanhn Win User

Black Screen -> Restart -> Lose all Chrome bookmarks -> 'The specified module could not be...

Help!

I had my laptop closed on sleep mode and when I went back to it a few hours later.. the screen was black when I logged in so I restarted and opened to discover ALL my google chrome bookmarks were gone.. 5 years worth.. gone.. baking notes, news articles, family research, history, college, work.. all gone!

Now when I try to access things it seems I am not the admin and it just freezes up that window and I get a 'the specified module could not be found'.. and I am not listed as the Admin when I look in properties but my account still lists admin..

Scan drive for errors is suggested but I can't use it becasue I'm not admin.

I've looked up how to solve 'the specified module could not be found' help but they won't work becasue you need to be admin and no suggestion has managed to help me.

I can't add a new account local or email to try sort it out either.

I have included the computer relabity monitor to show what was going on when I had closed the laptop on sleep.. it doesn't seem to have been sleeping! Black Screen -> Restart -> Lose all Chrome bookmarks -> 'The specified module could not be... 136fe6d4-0d20-401b-91c7-4e43c10afde9?upload=true.png

Black Screen -> Restart -> Lose all Chrome bookmarks -> 'The specified module could not be... 9f1e02c5-bd0d-44cd-8975-46e0a39d5209?upload=true.png

:)

dylanhn, Apr 9, 2020
  2. harrymc Win User

Chrome bookmark bar background with high contrast

If you have found a theme that is almost acceptable but would like to
    customize it further, this is how you do that in steps.

Step 1 : Allow the viewing of hidden files

1. In the Control Panel, open File Explorer Options.
    2. Go to the View tab for a list of advanced settings
    3. Under "Hidden files and folders" click "Show hidden files, folders, and drives"
    4. Click OK

Step 2 : Find your theme

1. Open Windows Explorer
    2. Navigate to
      C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions
    3. Sort by date descending the list of folders that have strange names
      to find your theme (should be the most recent one).

Step 3 : Modify the theme

1. In the folder of the theme (or a sub-folder), open the file
      manifest.json in a text editor.
    2. Find the "colors" section which will look like this:

and also :

1. The color of the bookmarks text is given by "bookmark_text"
      and the numbers inside the parenthesis contain the RGB values
      (red, green, blue).
    2. Change the number to the color you like. You may use a color-picker
      for that (picker1
      or picker2
      or any other).
    3. If you wish to change the background color of the header,
      this is unfortunately specified by an image
      in "theme_toolbar". You could use the
      Chrome Theme Creator to build another one.
    4. Save your changes and restart Chrome.

I suggest making a copy of the theme's folder before modifying
    the file manifest.json as a backup.

More information can be found in the articles :

harrymc, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Computer randomly has black screen and restarts

Taco this could be software also. Before you get all crazy, do as Erocker suggested. Find out the error in the Event Viewer. Look for the faulting module and the error code itself. Also check the reliability monitor. At the bottom it will have "View all Error Reports". Post a screen of whats in there if anything.

This could be a simple as a bad driver install.

ALSO have you downloaded or installed anything lately? STAY OUT OF THE DAMN BIOS UNTIL WE KNOW THE ERROR! lol. I know you. Baby steps boy, baby steps.

TheMailMan78, Apr 9, 2020
  4. Black Screen -> Restart -> Lose all Chrome bookmarks -> 'The specified module could not be...

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Black Screen -> Restart -> Lose all Chrome bookmarks -> 'The specified module could not be...

1. Black Screen -> Restart -> Lose all Chrome bookmarks -> 'The specified module could not be... - Similar Threads - Black Screen Restart

2. Notification on “Specified Module Could Not Be Found”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification on “Specified Module Could Not Be Found”: I recently removed files relating to a HP printer that I no longer use. But each time the PC boots up, there is a notification that specified module could not be found C:\Program Files\HP\HP Deskjet 1000J\10 Series\bin\HPStatus.dll Is there a way around this?Thanks....
  3. Notification on “Specified Module Could Not Be Found”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification on “Specified Module Could Not Be Found”: I recently removed files relating to a HP printer that I no longer use. But each time the PC boots up, there is a notification that specified module could not be found C:\Program Files\HP\HP Deskjet 1000J\10 Series\bin\HPStatus.dll Is there a way around this?Thanks....
  4. Notification on “Specified Module Could Not Be Found”

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. The specified module could not be found.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The specified module could not be found.: There was a problem startingC:\ProgramData\ScoreModern\PinsBhosu\Silim_nindowscom.dllThe specified module could not be found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-specified-module-could-not-be-found/26447477-48cb-427b-98f4-89082c3cc790
  6. The specified module could not be found.

The specified module could not be found.: There was a problem startingC:\ProgramData\ScoreModern\PinsBhosu\Silim_nindowscom.dllThe specified module could not be found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-specified-module-could-not-be-found/26447477-48cb-427b-98f4-89082c3cc790
  7. RunDLL error The specified module could not be found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RunDLL error The specified module could not be found: My computer is showing RunDLL error lately. The error indicates the path to were the missing module must be located. I checked the folder and I think the dll is related to the loading animation of the mouse cursor. This is my windows specification:Windows 11 Pro 22H2OS Build:...
  8. RunDLL error The specified module could not be found

RunDLL error The specified module could not be found: My computer is showing RunDLL error lately. The error indicates the path to were the missing module must be located. I checked the folder and I think the dll is related to the loading animation of the mouse cursor. This is my windows specification:Windows 11 Pro 22H2OS Build:...
  9. RunDLL - "The specified module could not be found."

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RunDLL - "The specified module could not be found.": Hello, Every time I start my PC, I get a popup telling me that "There was a problem starting C:\Program Files\HP\HP Deskjet 3520 series\bin\HPStatusBL.dll". This looks like it's related to a printer that I used to have software for, but nothing shows up when I attempt to...
  10. VBS the specified module could not be found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    VBS the specified module could not be found: When I run a VBS file, it says: The specified module could not be found Code: 8007007E The VBS file: set A = CreateObject"WScript.Shell" A.Run "Run.bat",0 It works normally before, until last time the machine booted up with something weird "fixing C drive stage 1"...