Windows 10: Black screen right after switching my laptop on

Discus and support Black screen right after switching my laptop on in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys I have a lenovo G570. Yesterday, I tried turning on my laptop. Win 10 booted, and then hanged right at the login screen. The cursor wasn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jamespotter101, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Black screen right after switching my laptop on

Hi guys
    I have a lenovo G570. Yesterday, I tried turning on my laptop. Win 10 booted, and then hanged right at the login screen. The cursor wasn't moving and it was like that for a few minutes. Eventually I got fed up and pulled out the battery (a big mistake). Then the screen was black after I switched it on again. Lights were glowing, fan moving but nothing on the screen. I kept it like that for a few minutes. Then, I switched it off by holding the power button, removed battery, connected ac adapter and pressed the power button and it got switched on! It started working normally but then restarted suddenly. But this time, instead of booting all the way to the desktop, it stopped at windows logo and then gave me the blue screen of death. Some system file which I don't remember was 'lost' or had 'an error'. The error was 'SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION' I restarted, This time again it loaded to login screen and then restarted. There was 'winload.exe' now instead of the previous file on the blue screen of death. Again restarted and now it won't show anything. Tried like 50 times already. Lights glowing, fan moving but no display. I guess the windows has been corrupted or something. But how do I access bios now to launch installation cd or to usb boot?
    Thank you so much.

EDIT: Reseated RAM, HDD. Still nothing. The led on usb drive not glowing when I plug it in but the dvd is making sounds in it. No idea what to do. Please help.

:)

jamespotter101, Mar 10, 2018

2. Windows 10 update problems

After updating windows 10 , my laptop , keeps on coming up with the following messages, "attempting to recover installation" and "restoring your previous version of windows" after switching on the laptop. Then the screen goes black and thereafter it goes
    through the same cycle.

I've tried pressing the f8 button immediately after switching on the laptop, but i am unable to get access to safe mode.

Could somebody please assist.

Thank you

aasiyahmia, Mar 10, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Insider Preview 14342 Lock Screen background is black.

When I switch on my laptop, the Lock Screen background picture(which I've set on Windows Spotlight) shows only a default picture each time. Which also shows up on the login screen

Now when I lock the laptop the Lock Screen background is completely black, though the windows spotlight image does show up on the login screen. ****? How may I repair this on my side or is there gonna be an update?

Edit: After much research I've come to know that the lock screen on boot up is called the system lock screen, and the login screen after that is the system login screen. The screen that is black is the USER lock screen. Cortana, the clock and everything
    else appears fine on the black screen.

Saurabh Wanivadekar, Mar 10, 2018
  4. zbook New Member

Black screen right after switching my laptop on

1) Update the system specs in the "My Computer" section:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums Windows 10 Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

Include PSU. cooler, case, peripherals and anything attached to the computer by wired or wireless (mouse, keyboard, headset, printer, xbox, USB wireless network card, etc.)

2) Open the website for the computer or motherboard manufacturer > enter the product or serial number or model > select the operating system > view drivers and BIOS > post a URL or hyperlink into the thread

3) find a flash drive that you can format ( > or = 8 GB)
    4) create a bootable windows 10 iso:
    Download Windows 10
    5) insert the windows 10 iso into any USB port
    6) power on the computer and click the applicable keyboard key:
    List of PC brands with their corresponding hot-keys
    7) if the computer is a custom desktop change the BIOS boot order to boot to the BIOS boot menu
    8) boot to the external USB hard drive
    9) It may take 5 - 10 minutes for the iso to load while viewing the Microsoft Windows icon
    10) select the language, time, currency, and keyboard or click next
    11) click torubleshoot
    12) click system restore > start with the oldest date and move to to most recent restore point. If system restore fails or if there are no restore points move to the next step
    13) click start up repair > if startup repair fails move to the next step
    14) click command prompt > Administrator X:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe > X:\Sources> type:
    15) For all of these steps onward use a camera or smart phone camera to take pictures and post images of the commands and the results into the thread
    16) c:
    17) dir
    18) d:
    19) dir
    20) x:
    21) diskpart
    22) list disk
    23) list volume
    24) select disk 0
    25) list partition
    26) select disk 1
    27) list partition
    28) exit
    29) bcdedit /enum
    30) bcdedit | find "osdevice"
    31) bootrec /fixmbr
    32) bootrec /fixboot
    33) bootrec /scanos
    34) bootrec /rebuildbcd
    35) chkdsk /f /r C:
    reboot
    Please use a camera or smart phone camera to take pictures and post images into the thread to view the commands and the results.

zbook, Mar 10, 2018
  5. There's no use of it. I can't even access the BIOS. It's just a black screen after pressing the power button. The LED on my usb drive is not glowing when I connect it.

6. zbook New Member
    zbook, Mar 10, 2018
  7. Tried everything till 'Disconnect and reconnect the CPU'. No changes. No beeps or anything. The only sounds are the sound of the fan and sound from somewhere near the hdd. I want to keep disconnecting cpu and other steps as last resorts. Are you sure there's no simpler way out? Maybe the problem is only with the os or bios? Can I do anything else?

8. zbook New Member

zbook, Mar 10, 2018
  9. I CANNOT access the bios so obviously I cannot change the boot order. I have a puppy linux usb lying around but it's not even detecting it. It's just a black screen. No bios even.

jamespotter101, Mar 11, 2018
  10. Ztruker Win User
    Try this: Found here in a post by envolt: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-...g/td-p/1229071

1. turn off your laptop (no hybrid shutdown)
    2. Press and hold F2 (while ur lappy is still off)
    3. now power on laptop
    (still holding F2,)
    4. "Please wait" will appear, where previously was "F2 = Bios, f12= boot device" (similar to this text), with big bold lenovo logo in center
    5. now release F2
    voila its BIOS, which actaully functioning (no freeze)

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Black screen right after switching my laptop on - Similar Threads - Black screen right

2. Black screen after turning on my laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after turning on my laptop: I saw it there that some people have the same issue with their laptop screen so basically since I am not English, I will copy one of their questions and update it with my info. So this is the problem:,, Upon turning on my Asus laptop, the screen turns black and then these...
  3. Black screen after turning on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after turning on my laptop: I saw it there that some people have the same issue with their laptop screen so basically since I am not English, I will copy one of their questions and update it with my info. So this is the problem:,, Upon turning on my Asus laptop, the screen turns black and then these...
  4. Black screen after turning on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. black screen with cursor after switching user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    black screen with cursor after switching user: When I try to switch to my signed in user account, I get a black screen with a cursor. I am unable to bring up task manager and have to hard reset. This has been happening since the last update. Windows 10 Pro...
  6. My laptop's screen is blank after switching it off

My laptop's screen is blank after switching it off: I was working on Kali Linux installed in virtual box in my laptop which has windows 10 OS. While working, suddenly screen got black or dark blue screen. No key was working on it, so I switched off my laptop. After that the trouble begins. 1. On battery, my laptop is on...
  7. My laptop's screen is blank after switching it off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop's screen is blank after switching it off: I was working on Kali Linux installed in virtual box in my laptop which has windows 10 OS. While working, suddenly screen got black or dark blue screen. No key was working on it, so I switched off my laptop. After that the trouble begins. 1. On battery, my laptop is on...
  8. Black Screen while switch on the laptop windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Black Screen while switch on the laptop windows 10: After updating 2004 when ever start the laptop after the Thoshibha logo black screen will appear about 2min and come for sign in page and taking more time for sign in and how to rectify this. please inform my system is now upto date....
  9. Black screen after switching accounts

Black screen after switching accounts: win key/L....select account..enter pw....get black screen with cursor. ctrl/alt/delete does nothing and suggestions i've tried do nothing. very annoying 22731
  10. Black screen after resetting my laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after resetting my laptop: So recently my Sony Vaio laptop performance has gone down so I decided to do a reset. Maybe I had malware. I did the fast reset where you can recover some files. After the reset was going, about 44%, it failed. So I decided to shut down the computer and try again later. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. saurabh wanivadekar