Windows 10: black screen shows cant show this vga mode,plz reset 1920*1080@60HZ

Discus and support black screen shows cant show this vga mode,plz reset 1920*1080@60HZ in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I try to go to safe mode in order to change the revelution or uninstall the vga driver however,i failed to go to safe mode i power on and power off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by baozi748748..., Mar 12, 2021.

1. black screen shows cant show this vga mode,plz reset 1920*1080@60HZ

I try to go to safe mode in order to change the revelution or uninstall the vga driver

however,i failed to go to safe mode

i power on and power off so many times

but the pc cant go into safe mode

pc' system is win10

plz help me

thanks a lot

:)

baozi748748..., Mar 12, 2021
  2. jjwong1 Win User

1920 X 1080 is not on recommended resolution list

my monitor has 1920 X 1080 resolution, but 1920 X 1080 is not on recommended resolution list. how can I get 1920 X 1080 resolution listed?

jjwong1, Mar 12, 2021
  3. Was running in 1920 x 1080 mode. But now can’t select that mode.

Was running in 1920 x 1080 mode. But now can’t select that mode.

On Windows 10 Pro Desktop with built-in AMD HD 4250 Graphics, and Vizio E241-A1 flat-panel HDMI display (display’s native resolution is 1920 X 1080) I encountered this problem:

History:

The system was running perfectly in 1920 X 1080 mode for many months. Then, out of the blue, I received a quasi-bluescreen; You know, one of those could-be-a-bluescreen type events in which the operating system was quick enough to intervene and log the event
    and perform a proper restart - thereby averting a full-fledged bluescreen crash. This type of event has happened before (very infrequently) and I believe it is likely the result of system-memory timing issue. But, all that is neither here-nor-there as I do
    not ascribe the current problem to be related to the *cause* of that event. It may, or most certainly is, however related to what happened between the time Windows intervened and the time the system completed that restart.

The Problem:

After restarting, everything seems to have recovered nicely except the screen resolution is no longer 1920 X 1080 – it is running at 1024 X 768. On the ‘Advanced Display Settings’ page it is marked as “Recommended” and is the highest resolution available.

Not runing in my usual 1920 X 1080 mode is very annoying, and I have spent much time trying all of the usual things that one would be expected to try. All to no avail.

So far have tried . . .

My first thought was to simply reset the resolution through the ‘Control Panel’ but as I explained, this could not be done. So, I tried to reacquire the driver, to do a reload, directly from the AMD site. But, apparently, AMD expect this particular driver to
    only be obtained via Microsoft or Windows Update. Fore no matter what I tried, it kept informing me that, ‘the best driver is already installed’. Or, if I tried to reinstall, that ‘the components have already been installed’. I turned my attention to the monitor
    itself. Reasoning that if somehow the graphics driver was unaware that the monitor was 1920 X 1080 compliant, it would not allow me to select that higher resolution. But, after visiting the Vizio site I came to the conclusion that no driver for the monitor
    is offered nor needed. I do see that Windows 10 is recognizing my monitor as a ‘Generic PnP Monitor’. Which, when snooping ‘properties’ I found the button to ‘list all modes’. Upon clicking it, a list of resolutions was displayed. Several previously hidden
    modes were shown, but none of them was 1920 X 1080. This leads me to wonder if Windows has, in fact, property identified my monitor.

Now what?

Can anyone tell me what I need to know to restore my system back to 1920 X 1080 mode?

Thank all!

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers

StanShankman, Mar 12, 2021
  4. JonRambo Win User

black screen shows cant show this vga mode,plz reset 1920*1080@60HZ

1920 by 1080 no monitor

I require the ability to achieve 1920 by 1080 without a monitor attached. My NVIDIA based node achieves this without modification however my AMD Radeon nodes do not. If I plug a monitor in then a Enum/DISPLAY entry is made with all the bits I care about
    and from then onwards I am able to set 1920 by 1080 headless.

All the material I have found revolve around overriding EDID information but I do not have a monitor to override, at least not that I can see. I see a VGA display something via a VNC session but on the AMD nodes the 1080p resolution is not available, its
    limited to 1600 by 1200.

Is it possible to install a monitor or set the supported resolutions for this SIMULATED/ VGA display that seems to be available after a headless/ PXE boot image has been installed (no monitor). I want to tell my AMD nodes they have a 1080p monitor.

Kind Regards

MassDefect

JonRambo, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

black screen shows cant show this vga mode,plz reset 1920*1080@60HZ

1. black screen shows cant show this vga mode,plz reset 1920*1080@60HZ - Similar Threads - black screen shows

2. showing 60hz on a 75hz acer monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    showing 60hz on a 75hz acer monitor: So, i have a acer ha220q monitor which comes with 75hz refresh rate but in my pc there is only 60hz i checked in everything there is 60hz i have intel hd 4600 gpu and i have connected my monitor and my pc with a vga cable please help me out...
  3. showing 60hz on a 75hz acer monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    showing 60hz on a 75hz acer monitor: So, i have a acer ha220q monitor which comes with 75hz refresh rate but in my pc there is only 60hz i checked in everything there is 60hz i have intel hd 4600 gpu and i have connected my monitor and my pc with a vga cable please help me out...
  4. showing 60hz on a 75hz acer monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Wireless Display only shows 60hz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Display only shows 60hz: I have a PC and an Asus Laptop, both with Windows 11. I'm using the laptop as a second monitor using the Cast feature from Windows. My laptop's display supports 144hz, but when I use it as wireless display, supports only 60hz. Can I do something with my laptop to support...
  6. Wireless Display only shows 60hz

Wireless Display only shows 60hz: I have a PC and an Asus Laptop, both with Windows 11. I'm using the laptop as a second monitor using the Cast feature from Windows. My laptop's display supports 144hz, but when I use it as wireless display, supports only 60hz. Can I do something with my laptop to support...
  7. USB 2.0 VGA UVC Webcam Showing Black Screen after Windows update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB 2.0 VGA UVC Webcam Showing Black Screen after Windows update?: Hello!My camera's USB2.0 VGA UVC status light turns on, but I only see a black screen.Computer specifications:Asus Zenbook 13 UX331UALIntelR CoreTM i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz8.00 GB 7.86 GB usable64-bit operating system, x64-based processorWindows specificationsWindows...
  8. USB 2.0 VGA UVC Webcam Showing Black Screen after Windows update?

USB 2.0 VGA UVC Webcam Showing Black Screen after Windows update?: Hello!My camera's USB2.0 VGA UVC status light turns on, but I only see a black screen.Computer specifications:Asus Zenbook 13 UX331UALIntelR CoreTM i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz8.00 GB 7.86 GB usable64-bit operating system, x64-based processorWindows specificationsWindows...
  9. 1920 x 1080 not showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    1920 x 1080 not showing up: As the title said, 1920 x 1080 resolution isnt apperaing under settings. I just bought this PC, second hand. Does anyone know how to fix? It's an nVidia integrated graphics i think. submitted by /u/36_foxtrot [link] [comments]...
  10. External monitor distorted at 1920 x 1080

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    External monitor distorted at 1920 x 1080: Hello everyone, I just got a new Dell Inspiron 5593 laptop with integrated Intel Iris Plus video, and I'm trying to use it with my Hannspree HF289H monitor using a USB cable, which is listed as having a resolution of 1920 x 1200. I have been using this monitor for years...