Windows 10: Black screen that wont quit

Discus and support Black screen that wont quit in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Basically my parents all in one stopped working. It would turn on but then it would show a black screen but the mouse still worked. Looked up the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShanceyQuasnick, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Black screen that wont quit

Basically my parents all in one stopped working. It would turn on but then it would show a black screen but the mouse still worked. Looked up the problem, tried the easier solutions to no avail. Decided to just go ahead reset it. EPIC FAIL. It said that it was incomplete. UUUGGGHHHHH. So i reached out to a microsoft tech and helped me create a recovery usb. So he has shut down the computer 3 times to get it to start in safe mode. Im like ok great, so when I go turn it on, NOTHING HAPPENS. The power button lights up but nothing happens. Please someone help me and let me know that I didnt just F*&% up their computer. Thanks in advance.

:)

ShanceyQuasnick, Jan 9, 2021

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jan 9, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Black screen that wont quit

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

Black screen that wont quit

1. Black screen that wont quit - Similar Threads - Black screen wont

2. Black screen in Windows 11 on quite new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen in Windows 11 on quite new computer: Hello,From time to time during the day 2-3 time a day I have some kind of problem with laptop. It seems like graphic problems, but I;m not sure how to check any logs and what happened.I have tried windows + ctrl + shift + B configuration and it doesn't help at all.It just...
  3. Black screen in Windows 11 on quite new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen in Windows 11 on quite new computer: Hello,From time to time during the day 2-3 time a day I have some kind of problem with laptop. It seems like graphic problems, but I;m not sure how to check any logs and what happened.I have tried windows + ctrl + shift + B configuration and it doesn't help at all.It just...
  4. My windows wont start and it is with a black screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My windows wont start and it is with a black screen.: Hi, recently i received a laptop from my older brother and the first thing i did was to format him, but after the formattion finished, the screen got black and didnt demonstrate any signals not even the startup windows symbol. What should i do? obs: windows 10...
  5. my laptop shows a black screen and wont load

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my laptop shows a black screen and wont load: for some reason after i opened a link that opened a protocol it went black and now i cant open it ms-cxh-full://0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-shows-a-black-screen-and-wont-load/8615b723-c9a7-430b-91da-1bc3b76f7f4d
  6. touch screen quit working

touch screen quit working: touch screen quit working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-screen-quit-working/21be236f-0082-4efe-80e5-21d218716092
  7. Quite a few Blue Screens

Quite a few Blue Screens: Hello There! I'm receiving quite a few BSOD's and was looking for some help. I've attached a link to 5 of them which have occured this month. Below is the text of the latest to take place. Any thoughts? Minidump Files Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version...
  8. Black screen every Thursday, PC quit sleeping this past week.

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen every Thursday, PC quit sleeping this past week.: I'm running an Asus Essentio Desktop with 8GB, that I free-upgraded in July, from Win 7 to 10. Ever since, there have been all kinds of problems ( see my other threads - haven't been solved ) This is my personal PC and I use it for my home business, which is crucial to...
  9. "Print Screen" quit working

in Windows 10 Support
    "Print Screen" quit working: I have Windows 10 Home. Recently, my "Print Screen" quit working. I click on the Windows icon (bottom row, 3rd from left) and "prt sc" at the same time and the screen gets darker like it always did when it worked, but nothing shows up anywhere on my PC. Any ideas on...
  10. Windows Image Aquisition Wont Quit

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Image Aquisition Wont Quit: Not sure if this is the right thread for this but saw no other options for my sepcific problem. My laptop was reving and so looked in task manager to fins this Windows Image Aquisition Service using the CPU. Went into services and changed it to manual. Engine still...