Windows 10: black screen, tried some stuff

Discus and support black screen, tried some stuff in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; (sorry for bad grammar not comfortable with the keyboard i am currently using) (the pc shows windows logo with spinning dots but dosen't take me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by isaac177, Mar 7, 2019.

1. isaac177 Win User

black screen, tried some stuff

(sorry for bad grammar not comfortable with the keyboard i am currently using) (the pc shows windows logo with spinning dots but dosen't take me to logon screen) so i built a new PC recently, installed my old ssd, and i got a black screen. As far as i know Microsoft's or windows insider's page on this hasen't helped. I have tried uninstalling malware bytes but the issue dosen't seem to be with that, keyboard light is disabled, safe mode works somehow but not clean boot. I installed a new copy of windows 10 to see if that would work while keeping my old copy on a separate partition. Most things aren't working that are suggested. Windows installed and i started installing mobo drivers but then it black screened on me (on a new install) but this time the keyboard light stayed on while the shortcut win+Ctrl+shift+b did not do anything. Tried going in safe mode for new partition but i was able to uninstall my GPU driver and then it worked, for 10 minutes. On my main partition i uninstalled drivers a few times and it signed in for 5 seconds until it blacked out again. My main partition wont do that for me anymore. low res mode dosen't work. here are my specs. As many different methods as possible or a specific working method would be nice as safe mode still works

Here are my old specs (before new PC) and what they were changed to:

ASRock Q1900-ITX --> ASUS PRIME B450M-A\CSM

Intel Celeron J1900 (cpu\mobo combo) --> AMD Ryzen 5 2600

2x8GB Crucial SODIMM DDR3 1333Mhz --> Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1x8GB DR 3000Mhz DDR4 DIMM

These parts remained the same.

SanDisk Ultra II 960GB (ssd)

(intel graphics before on same pc) ZOTAC ZONE NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 PCIe x1 1GB (top slot) (underkill, when i get enough money im going for the 1660 ti)

Win 10 Home 64-bit

Thank you.

:)

isaac177, Mar 7, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 7, 2019
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 7, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

1. black screen, tried some stuff - Similar Threads - black screen tried

2. Black screen trying to go to bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen trying to go to bios: I cant acces bios using my grafik cardgeting black screen but when I use motherbord grafik card it works.I also dont get a normal startup screen when using grafik card but works fine with moterbord.Windows 11....
  3. Screen went black and some stuff happened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen went black and some stuff happened: Hello everyone, I just wanna know what happened to my laptop. I was playing a very light game this morning then my laptop suddenly freezes and turns black screen twice. and after the black screen some stuff happens. My shortcuts size settings returned to default150%, sleep...
  4. Screen went black and some stuff happened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen went black and some stuff happened: Hello everyone, I just wanna know what happened to my laptop. I was playing a very light game this morning then my laptop suddenly freezes and turns black screen twice. and after the black screen some stuff happens. My shortcuts size settings returned to default150%, sleep...
  5. Screen went black and some stuff happened

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  6. Trying to login and getting a black screen.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Trying to login and getting a black screen.: My son has a PC and is under family account. I used to have access to the PC as an administrator. Somehow he change his account as an administrator and now when I try to login to the PC I only see a black screen. How can I fix that issue without deleting his account?...
  7. Black screen on trying to sign-in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Black screen on trying to sign-in: My sign-in screen is enlarged and blurry. Whenever I press a keyany key at all, it takes me to a black screen and my cursor is visible. After a few seconds, it returns to the initial blurry sign-in screen. I'm using Windows 10 on a Lenovo Legion Y520....
  8. Some windows are broken and stuff that's supposed to be white is black

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some windows are broken and stuff that's supposed to be white is black: [ATTACH] I really need to fix this. Restarting doesn't work. No, high contrast isn't on. I want to scan for viruses but (see below) my I can't read the words of windows defender as it's white on a white background. How do I fix this? I can't find anything online about it....
  9. Some applications have a black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some applications have a black screen: Hello, When I open some of my apps such as Twitch and Riot Games, they come up as a black screen with nothing on them. When I hover my cursor over the window, it looks fine but has the small blue loading circle that flashes on and off. If anyone has a solution to this it...
  10. Delete or move some Win10 stuff

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Delete or move some Win10 stuff: I have a new laptop with C: drive a 128 SSD and D: a 1T. I have upgraded to Win10 which is on the SSD. I also put Armored Warfare on that drive as well as Bitdefender. The drive had some stuff from Acer and I have deleted or moved some of it - some still left. I would...