Windows 10: black screen,, unable to logon to windows 10

Discus and support black screen,, unable to logon to windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I today when i tried to start my HP desktop,, windows started to come up and got the the windows logo and the screen went black. I tried some the of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by oakron53, Sep 21, 2020.

1. oakron53 Win User

black screen,, unable to logon to windows 10

I today when i tried to start my HP desktop,, windows started to come up and got the the windows logo and the screen went black.

I tried some the of the self helps but put myself in a jackpot where now i don't even see the window logo on startup. is there any way to undo changes while flying blind,,, i believe the last change i had done i changed the video setting on a screen after doing a 3 time restart of the PC

:)

oakron53, Sep 21, 2020
  2. NdMk2o1o Win User

New Crossfire setup black screen after windows logon

Need some help, I have just installed a 2nd Sapphire VaporX 7950, both cards are plugged and are connected with 1 crossfire connector. PC powers on fine and gets to the Windows logon screen then the screen goes black, any ideas what the issue is?

NdMk2o1o, Sep 21, 2020
  3. Black Screen Isuue in Window 10

Hi kashish,

I would appreciate you for trying troubleshooting steps.

To understand the issue better, I request you to answer few questions:

• Does black screen appear when you before user login’s or after user has logged in ?
    • Does black screen appears when you lock your pc?
    This problem occurs because of a change in the behavior of Win Logon and Logon UI. This change introduces the potential for the deadlock.

I would also suggest you to install all the updates available for the system and check if it helps.

Follow the Below steps:

• Type settings in the Search area on the taskbar and select Settings
    • Select Update and Security.
    • Click on Windows Update and select Check for Updates

Keep us posted with the status of the issue. We’ll be glad to assist if you need further assistance.

Thank you

Sujay Balraj, Sep 21, 2020
  4. black screen,, unable to logon to windows 10

Black screen on Windows 10, unable to log-in with error: "Preapring Automatic Repair"

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing black screen errors and unable to log-in.

Provide us the additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exact error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

As a workaround, I suggest you to remove all the external devices being connected (except mouse and keyboard), try hard reboot the device and check the status of this issue.

As you are unable to log-in to the desktop with black screen, I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps provided in the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems (click on
    Black screen and not signed in to Windows 10)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

black screen,, unable to logon to windows 10

1. black screen,, unable to logon to windows 10 - Similar Threads - black screen unable

2. Unable to Logon to Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to Logon to Windows 10: I am suddenly having a problem with accessing the Windows hello screen. I can’t get past the opening screen. The first time this happened I was able to use the troubleshooting app’s start up repair utility to fix the problem. Now it has happened again and that utility is not...
  3. Unable to Logon to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Logon to Windows 10: I am suddenly having a problem with accessing the Windows hello screen. I can’t get past the opening screen. The first time this happened I was able to use the troubleshooting app’s start up repair utility to fix the problem. Now it has happened again and that utility is not...
  4. Unable to Logon to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Black Screen after logon Windows 10 20H2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black Screen after logon Windows 10 20H2: I have a number of PCs installed with build 1909 and have recently upgraded some to 20H2. I now get the black screen with an error event 1000 in explorer.exe when some users login. We use roaming profiles and the problem seems to effect any user who has previously logged...
  6. Black Screen On Boot or Freezing at Logon Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen On Boot or Freezing at Logon Screen: I just performed a complete, clean installation of Windows 10 x64 on my upgraded PC. I have a strange issue where my PC now freezes up at the logon screen. I have an MSI MPG Gaming Edge motherboard and so when I boot up my PC, the EDGE logo comes up, and then the blue squares...
  7. Black screen just before logon screen windows 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black screen just before logon screen windows 10: I'm having this strange and annoying behaviour that makes me waste a lot of time and I cannot identify the source of the problem, maybe someone can help me. The pc starts booting, the loading circle goes around with on gigabyte logo screen and when finally the logon screen...
  8. black screen with curser after logon

in Windows 10 Customization
    black screen with curser after logon: How do you fix this problem. After bootup, logon screen comes up. After entering password, screen loads blank or black with curser only. Tried shell reset to explorer.exe. What else can I try?...
  9. Black Screen After Windows 10 Logon (cursor visibile)

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen After Windows 10 Logon (cursor visibile): Hello, Booted PC and get the usual logon screen (visuals all look fine), then I login but only get a black screen with the cursor visible. Looks like there were some big updates over the last few days. I used 'Reset this PC' tool it took about an hour. I got to the sceen...
  10. Black Screen After Windows 10 Logon (cursor visibile)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen After Windows 10 Logon (cursor visibile): Hello, Booted PC and get the usual logon screen (visuals all look fine), then I login but only get a black screen with the cursor visible. Looks like there were some big updates over the last few days. I used 'Reset this PC' tool it took about an hour. I got to the sceen...