Windows 10: black screen upon wake from sleep windows 10 enterprise x64 1809

Discus and support black screen upon wake from sleep windows 10 enterprise x64 1809 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi I just completed a new build. Been great a few weeks. then today out of no where I try resuming from sleep and i get a blank screen. the monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kingfitz, Apr 10, 2019.

1. kingfitz Win User

black screen upon wake from sleep windows 10 enterprise x64 1809

hi

I just completed a new build. Been great a few weeks. then today out of no where I try resuming from sleep and i get a blank screen. the monitor says no signal detected... like what??? from searching for solution this is one of those obscure dreadful windows only problems that wont go away. this is extremely annoying.

this is latest windows 10 enterprise x64 build 1809. i tried changing all kinds of power settings and profiles. i went to cmd.exe and ran the disable hibernate command, no change. powercfg -h off . im using high performance power plan, hybrid sleep is off. its just set to sleep after 45 minutes of idle, turn off disk after 45 minute idle, turn off screen after 20 minutes idle. power/sleep button are set to put PC to sleep. USB is set in bios to wake computer. this is pathetic, windows again potentially damaging my computer with forced power offs and resets just to get back to my desktop, and of course all previous work is lost. any one with a solution to this heinous disaster of a problem would be much appreciated... thanks

:)

kingfitz, Apr 10, 2019

2. Screens black after waking machine from sleep

Hi Anthony,

Does it only happen when waking up the computer from sleep?

To check for possible causes of this issue, we suggest you to run Power Troubleshooter. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • On the left side, click View all.
    • Click Power.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    If the issue still persists, you may update the Chipset driver from the device manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Apr 10, 2019
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 10, 2019
  4. black screen upon wake from sleep windows 10 enterprise x64 1809

Long time to wake from sleep. Videos won't play after sleep. Windows 10 1809.

After updating to 1809 my PC started to take a long time to wake from sleep mode. After pressing a button on a keyboard it starts, lights up all peripherals and after 5-10 second screen turns on, but only shows black for another 10-20 seconds, after that
    log in screen appears and I can start using PC. Before 1809 update it took less than 2 seconds for log in screen to appear.

Also after exiting from sleep mode I can't play videos in MPC-HC. WMP, Movies & TV.

MPC-HC lags hard and then shows green screen. WMP just shows error "error". Movies & TV just shows black screen.

I tried clean reinstallation of latest graphics drivers but it changed nothing.

CPU: FX-8350

GPU: Radeon HD7970

Windows 10 Pro 1809 17763.292

FogboundSnail81, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

black screen upon wake from sleep windows 10 enterprise x64 1809

1. black screen upon wake from sleep windows 10 enterprise x64 1809 - Similar Threads - black screen upon

2. PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep: My computer restarts when I wake it from sleep. I am confident this is not a hardware issue as everything works as it should on Linux. I disabled restart when there is an error, and when I wake it, the peripherals do not light up, or appear to connect at all. I already tried...
  3. PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep: My computer restarts when I wake it from sleep. I am confident this is not a hardware issue as everything works as it should on Linux. I disabled restart when there is an error, and when I wake it, the peripherals do not light up, or appear to connect at all. I already tried...
  4. PFN_List_Corrupt Right Upon Waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PFN_List_Corrupt Right Upon Waking from Sleep: Unfortunately as of late I'm getting the "PFN_list_corrupt" error on almost every wake up from sleep. I had 2 external HDD's plugged in thinking maybe those were the issue, however it still persists when unplugged. I did a check on my main SSD with seemingly no issues, also...
  5. PFN_List_Corrupt Right Upon Waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PFN_List_Corrupt Right Upon Waking from Sleep: Unfortunately as of late I'm getting the "PFN_list_corrupt" error on almost every wake up from sleep. I had 2 external HDD's plugged in thinking maybe those were the issue, however it still persists when unplugged. I did a check on my main SSD with seemingly no issues, also...
  6. PFN_List_Corrupt Right Upon Waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  7. Windows 10 not requiring upon waking up from sleep

Windows 10 not requiring upon waking up from sleep: As of a few days ago, Windows stopped asking me for a password when the computer wakes up from sleep. Basically, I leave my computer and it times out, goes to sleep, and then when I press a key or click the mouse it no longer asks me for my password. How do I fix this?...
  8. Freeze or Blue Screen Upon Wake from Sleep

Freeze or Blue Screen Upon Wake from Sleep: After upgrading to NVMe m.2 SSD, I have been experiencing freeze or blue screen upon wake from sleep. Sometimes the machine loads the background with no login prompt or date/time information, and sometimes the machine goes to blue screen. I reset; normal startup. I have...
  9. BSOD upon waking from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD upon waking from sleep: Attachment 133661 A new laptop with Windows 10 freezing when waking from sleep. BSOD: irql not less or equal. Please help.. Thank you very much! 83616
  10. Win 10 x64 . . . Wake from sleep, no Wake . . . hard restart . . . .

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 x64 . . . Wake from sleep, no Wake . . . hard restart . . . .: . . . Macrium Reflect "fix boot errors" is saving my A**! Between updates, on Wake from Sleep, no Wake . . .. requires hard start . . . spinning dots . . . no boot . . . requires my Macrium Reflect intervention disk . . . "fix boot errors" . . . . System then actually does...