Windows 10: Black Screen w/ Audio in Background

Discus and support Black Screen w/ Audio in Background in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Have tried different suggestions.....as per the original post. Helpful suggestions from Lester Bernard, but no luck on any of them. So, here we are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Boman343, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Boman343 Win User

Black Screen w/ Audio in Background

Have tried different suggestions.....as per the original post. Helpful suggestions from Lester Bernard, but no luck on any of them. So, here we are again...Original Post:

Hi,

Have been trying to trouble shoot this issue since Nov. 2020.

Screen goes black within a few seconds of any game intro but audio is still functioning in the background. Surfing the net, email, etc. all work fine. Seems to only happen when a lot of power is required.

This is a custom build I had done by a professional, and worked great for almost 2 years.

Build at time issue began:

Wind 10 Pro Edition - Not sure what update was in play in Nov. 2020 but I always keep it updated.

Gigabyte AX370-Gaming3 Motherboard

Ryzen 7 CPU

Nvidia GTX1070 GPU

1TB SSD - OS Only

4TB HDD

32GB Ram - G.Skill Fortis

I have recently replaced the following:

GTX1070 - Bought a used one, same issue

RTX2070 - Replacement for the 1070 under warranty - same issue

At this point I figured it wasn't the GPU. So I moved on to the memory. Ran a windows test and results said there was an error with my memory hardware. So I replaced the Fortis sticks with:

Trident neo - G.Skill -- same issue occurring

So now I am at a stopping point of trying to guess. Hoping someone has some info on this issue.

Thank you in advance.

SRW

:)

Boman343, Jan 21, 2021

2. Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Marivel Man, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Black Screen w/ Audio in Background

Windows 10 Black screen, Start screen, Critical Low Battery

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you try the power troubleshooter if you are able to boot into the system.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.
    For black screen issues click on the link below and refer the suggestions by Sharath Srinivasa.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

Black Screen w/ Audio in Background

1. Black Screen w/ Audio in Background - Similar Threads - Black Screen Audio

2. how to remove the black screen background

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to remove the black screen background: my computer screen is showing a black ground for contrast but it is causing more problem --how can i remove it and go back the way it was clear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-the-black-screen-background/3a7f1ea2-f595-4a54-96bb-c2923d02d639
  3. how to remove the black screen background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove the black screen background: my computer screen is showing a black ground for contrast but it is causing more problem --how can i remove it and go back the way it was clear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-the-black-screen-background/3a7f1ea2-f595-4a54-96bb-c2923d02d639
  4. how to remove the black screen background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Black Screen w/ Cursor After Login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen w/ Cursor After Login: Hey all, trying to help my gf with some computer issues, We were playing games and hanging out on discord last night, we went to sleep, she attempted to wake her computer up in the morning, she gets a black screen after login with cursor. Walked through the typical steps,...
  6. Black Screen W/Cursor Help Please.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen W/Cursor Help Please.: I came home from Thanksgiving day dinner only to have a Black screen with a cursor and I have tried almost all the repair options I could find on the net. My main problem is I have not task manager that will come up or when trying the safe mode option all I see is still the...
  7. long boot time, w/black screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    long boot time, w/black screen: this is in regards to my Lenovo laptop (which lve added specs to on my profile) recently upgraded to the 2004 feature update OS build 19041-450, now granted prior to this my system was slow to start, ended up turning off fastboot which sped things up slightly (as l did have a...
  8. Background black screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background black screen: I made a folder with a bunch of pictures i use for a background slideshow and some pictures wont load. When i tried to set the picture for the background it automatically sets it to a black background. What do i do?...
  9. Windows boots to black screen w/ no cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows boots to black screen w/ no cursor: I just plugged in a new monitor, and the monitor shows the boot screen, then just shows a black screen, I looked it up on YouTube, and they all said to press Ctrl+alt+del, open task manager, I do somethi g else, but i cant open tadk manager either. Ive restarted my computer,...
  10. Black Screen w/ Cursor After Login.

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen w/ Cursor After Login.: Hi, I've got a serious issue. My newly built computer has been having issues since about day 3. First, let me list off relevant hardware and software. MoBo: ASUS Z170-A CPU: Intel 6600k i5 GPU: MSI 1070 GTX RAM: 32GB DDR4 128GB SSD 1TB HDD 1.5TB HDD 650w PSU...