Windows 10: Black Screen w/ Cursor after startups

Discus and support Black Screen w/ Cursor after startups in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Starting a few days ago, every time I boot my pc from being off or I restart it my PC is black screen with a cursor. I'm able to get it fixed by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Harrison_Lee, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Black Screen w/ Cursor after startups

Starting a few days ago, every time I boot my pc from being off or I restart it my PC is black screen with a cursor. I'm able to get it fixed by uninstalling my graphics driver then reinstalling an old one, but it happens continuously when I boot my operating system. I tried making it so my GPU driver doesn't auto update, but it seems any version black screens upon startup or its still updating itself. I just wanna know a permanent fix, or if something else is wrong with my system. Any other help is appreciated!

As noted I can still see cursor and was able to get into safe mode to remove old driver

Thanks!

Specs/ Details

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: Geforce RTX 2060 Super

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 2004 version

:)

Harrison_Lee, Feb 22, 2021
  2. MarkRNY Win User

Black Screen with Cursor at startup

2nd time poster, 1st time...."new threader".

I kind of jumped into another black screen thread with this and it was suggested (rightly) that I start a new one. I'll just copy/paste what I posted there. I'm kind of a computer semi-literate, so forgive any dumb questions I might have--

"I'm having this startup, black screen with cursor nightmare too--hangs on Black screen at startup for an hour before it goes to the sign on screen. Been Googling and watching youtube "fix" vids like a maniac for 3 days now (a lot of Windows 10 hatred out there).

On one of the vids, the "tech guy" who did the vid wrote that if you can see ANYTHING (his emphasis) on your screen when it hangs, it's not a hard drive problem. Is this true?? I don't want to bring it into Best Buy (if I can't resolve this) and pay 150 bucks for a diagnostic just to be told my hard drive's fried and I need a new computer.

When my computer's running, it works fine. I've been leaving it on 24/7 and using Sleep Mode when I'm not using it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks."

MarkRNY, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Black screen at initial startup, no cursor

Hi,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested and check the status of the issue.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Black Screen w/ Cursor after startups

How can you fix a black screen with a cursor on Windows 10 startup?

Hello, I have a HP Pavilion 15-g019wm Notebook and I'm experincing a black screen at startup.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I get this

HP

Perparing Automatic Repair

After the Auto Repair screen I get a screen with a cursor, The CMD opens for a second then I get the screen

L (The L is the cursor)

ShaneBrewer, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Black Screen w/ Cursor after startups

1. Black Screen w/ Cursor after startups - Similar Threads - Black Screen Cursor

2. Black screen with cursor on startup after updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with cursor on startup after updating: Whenever I do this update and restart, the screen is just black with my cursor I can open task manager, RUN, cmd, Powershell but I cannot see the screen. I tried all the solutions I found online like Restarting file explorer,SFC/scannow, the DISM command i forgot the name,...
  3. Black screen with cursor on startup after updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with cursor on startup after updating: Whenever I do this update and restart, the screen is just black with my cursor I can open task manager, RUN, cmd, Powershell but I cannot see the screen. I tried all the solutions I found online like Restarting file explorer,SFC/scannow, the DISM command i forgot the name,...
  4. Black screen with cursor on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with cursor on startup: So yesterday when I started up my PC I noticed it was lingering on a black screen so I rebooted it, then another black screen but this time it was gone after a minute or so and showed the login screen. I thought nothing of it at the time, but now every time I start it up I...
  5. Black screen with cursor on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with cursor on startup: So yesterday when I started up my PC I noticed it was lingering on a black screen so I rebooted it, then another black screen but this time it was gone after a minute or so and showed the login screen. I thought nothing of it at the time, but now every time I start it up I...
  6. Black screen with cursor on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Black Screen With Cursor On Startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen With Cursor On Startup: Pls help me my other lapto has a black screen with cursor i tried everything and i watched dozens of yt vids pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-with-cursor-on-startup/5dc3ad10-7320-4776-ad8f-17af5e6b7968
  8. Black Screen w/ Cursor After Login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen w/ Cursor After Login: Hey all, trying to help my gf with some computer issues, We were playing games and hanging out on discord last night, we went to sleep, she attempted to wake her computer up in the morning, she gets a black screen after login with cursor. Walked through the typical steps,...
  9. Black Screen w/ Cursor After Login.

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen w/ Cursor After Login.: Hi, I've got a serious issue. My newly built computer has been having issues since about day 3. First, let me list off relevant hardware and software. MoBo: ASUS Z170-A CPU: Intel 6600k i5 GPU: MSI 1070 GTX RAM: 32GB DDR4 128GB SSD 1TB HDD 1.5TB HDD 650w PSU...
  10. Black Screen with Cursor at startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen with Cursor at startup: 2nd time poster, 1st time...."new threader". I kind of jumped into another black screen thread with this and it was suggested (rightly) that I start a new one. I'll just copy/paste what I posted there. I'm kind of a computer semi-literate, so forgive any dumb questions I...