Windows 10: Black Screen W/Cursor Help Please.

Discus and support Black Screen W/Cursor Help Please. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I came home from Thanksgiving day dinner only to have a Black screen with a cursor and I have tried almost all the repair options I could find on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Worldofhurts, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Black Screen W/Cursor Help Please.

I came home from Thanksgiving day dinner only to have a Black screen with a cursor and I have tried almost all the repair options I could find on the net. My main problem is I have not task manager that will come up or when trying the safe mode option all I see is still the black screen the a cursor still. I believe I'm in safe mode because the cursor is large now. After getting frustrated I put in a new hard drive, Video card and new windows 10 so I can use my computer but I really would like to fix the old hard drive mainly to get files that I only had saved on my desk top. Does anyone know how I can retrieve these files and just wipe the drive or how can I repair the drive and boot from it .

:)

Worldofhurts, Dec 4, 2020
  2. Al Kozl Win User

Windows 10 black screen w/cursor

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop, Windows 10 recently updated. It is in the sleep mode, black screen w/ cursor. Cannot get it out of sleep mode to attempt fixes . Help !

Al Kozl, Dec 4, 2020
  3. BetsyCole Win User
    Black screen with blinking cursor

I run Windows 10 and have a black screen with a blinking cursor in the upper left corner. I can hit Control, Alt, Delete, and it reboots momentarily, show the Dell logo and F2 Setup anf F12 Boot Options in the lower right corner. Regardless of what key
    I hit, it goes right back to the Black screen w/ cursor. I can't seem to do anything. Any suggestions?

BetsyCole, Dec 4, 2020
  4. YiChong Win User

Black Screen W/Cursor Help Please.

Black Screen w/ Cursor + shaky screen that goes off and on randomly

This problem started a few months ago. When it first started, every time I entered my password into the start screen, it would lead me to a black screen w/ cursor.

I left this problem alone for a while, and recently when I opened the computer back up, the start screen was shaking/fidgeting. It then progressed into the screen randomly going black and the back on. While the screen was off, I could still use my mouse
    and keyboard. Also, it still had the black screen w/ cursor when I entered my password.

- Restarting the computer while keeping my files did not work

- I can not access windows+r

- I can access task manager

- I can access safe mode

- My monitor is not the problem, the monitor worked fine with another computer.

- I tried leaving the computer on the black screen w/ cursor for a long long time to no avail.

Any help with this problem?

My desktop is an HP Envy running Windows 10

YiChong, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Black Screen W/Cursor Help Please.

1. Black Screen W/Cursor Help Please. - Similar Threads - Black Screen Cursor

2. Black screen with cursor help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with cursor help: Hello! Today I had this issue when starting up my laptop. When I first opened it there was something like an update going on which I have never seen before,it was not in the windows theme it was in the black screen with the computer's brand logo(Asus in this case). I didn't...
  3. Please help Black Screen with cursor and flashing squares

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help Black Screen with cursor and flashing squares: Hey guys I could really use your help im kinda stressed out since imma streamer I can't open my laptop it keeps me on a black screen and you can also see some black squares i can see my cursor but thats it i can't even start up my computer anymore i been trying for two full...
  4. Black Screen Cursor HELP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen Cursor HELP: So i have the black screen of death, ive tried safe mode i cant open task manager or cmd or anything... I know how it happened I wanted to run a exe but required a file to be in the c drive and since my c drive was full so i changed my c to d and my f to c using an...
  5. Windows boots to black screen w/ no cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows boots to black screen w/ no cursor: I just plugged in a new monitor, and the monitor shows the boot screen, then just shows a black screen, I looked it up on YouTube, and they all said to press Ctrl+alt+del, open task manager, I do somethi g else, but i cant open tadk manager either. Ive restarted my computer,...
  6. BLACK SCREEN PLEASE HELP!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BLACK SCREEN PLEASE HELP!: Today i turned on my pc as usual, but i had some troubles...[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-please-help/7fcdc8a1-13a6-44d6-8bb7-1be326d1d706
  7. Guys help please! Black screen with cursor!

in Windows 10 Support
    Guys help please! Black screen with cursor!: First of all, sorry if I'm writing this in the wrong thread. NOTE: i am using a samsung laptop. I was using Windows 10 for quite some time now but recently it started showing that my disk is at 100. Okay. I started a disk checkup and it got stuck at 12%. I restarted my...
  8. Black Screen With Cursor PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen With Cursor PLEASE HELP: Okay so I'm panicking a bit here. Installed the 'Windows 10 Login Screen Changer' that I found on this forum, clicked 'change background' and bam...black screen. I turned the computer off and on again and still black screen with a Cursor. Ctrl Alt Del does nothing. My...
  9. Black Screen w/ Cursor After Login.

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen w/ Cursor After Login.: Hi, I've got a serious issue. My newly built computer has been having issues since about day 3. First, let me list off relevant hardware and software. MoBo: ASUS Z170-A CPU: Intel 6600k i5 GPU: MSI 1070 GTX RAM: 32GB DDR4 128GB SSD 1TB HDD 1.5TB HDD 650w PSU...
  10. Help w/ blank screen/cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Help w/ blank screen/cursor: Hello Shortly after upgrading my nVidia drivers to a Windows 10 version (about a week ago), I've been getting the now famous blank screen with a cursor. I can bring up the "Projectors" menu (Winkey + P) but nothing else. I can get into the Troubleshooting boot mode,...