Windows 10: Black Screen w/ Cursor + shaky screen that goes off and on randomly

Discus and support Black Screen w/ Cursor + shaky screen that goes off and on randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This problem started a few months ago. When it first started, every time I entered my password into the start screen, it would lead me to a black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by YiChong, Apr 28, 2020.

1. YiChong Win User

Black Screen w/ Cursor + shaky screen that goes off and on randomly

This problem started a few months ago. When it first started, every time I entered my password into the start screen, it would lead me to a black screen w/ cursor.

I left this problem alone for a while, and recently when I opened the computer back up, the start screen was shaking/fidgeting. It then progressed into the screen randomly going black and the back on. While the screen was off, I could still use my mouse and keyboard. Also, it still had the black screen w/ cursor when I entered my password.

- Restarting the computer while keeping my files did not work

- I can not access windows+r

- I can access task manager

- I can access safe mode
    - My monitor is not the problem, the monitor worked fine with another computer.

- I tried leaving the computer on the black screen w/ cursor for a long long time to no avail.

Any help with this problem?

My desktop is an HP Envy running Windows 10

:)

YiChong, Apr 28, 2020
  2. YiChong Win User

Black Screen W/ Cursor along with shaky screen and random screen going off and then back on.

This problem started a few months ago. When it first started, every time I entered my password into the start screen, it would lead me to a black screen w/ cursor.

I left this problem alone for a while, and recently when I opened the computer back up, the start screen was shaking/fidgeting. It then progressed into the screen randomly going black and the back on. While the screen was off, I could still use my mouse
    and keyboard. Also, it still had the black screen w/ cursor when I entered my password.

I tried to go back to an earlier backup, but the random “shutting off” made it extremely difficult and tedious to the point where I gave up on doing that.

Any help with this problem?

My desktop is an HP Envy running Windows 10

YiChong, Apr 28, 2020
  3. BetsyCole Win User
    Black screen with blinking cursor

I run Windows 10 and have a black screen with a blinking cursor in the upper left corner. I can hit Control, Alt, Delete, and it reboots momentarily, show the Dell logo and F2 Setup anf F12 Boot Options in the lower right corner. Regardless of what key
    I hit, it goes right back to the Black screen w/ cursor. I can't seem to do anything. Any suggestions?

BetsyCole, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Starborn Win User

Windows goes to Black Screen, no cursor

Mine will not show a cursor at all. Its just a black screen without a cursor.

Starborn, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Black Screen w/ Cursor + shaky screen that goes off and on randomly - Similar Threads - Black Screen Cursor

2. Screen goes black randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black randomly: Hello everyone,The screen of a Windows Server 2012 Essentials with version 6.2.920000 randomly turns black and the system seems to be frozen, forcing us to physically reboot the machine.It happens completely by surprise.By looking into the event visor, everything seems pretty...
  3. Screen goes black randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes black randomly: Hello everyone,The screen of a Windows Server 2012 Essentials with version 6.2.920000 randomly turns black and the system seems to be frozen, forcing us to physically reboot the machine.It happens completely by surprise.By looking into the event visor, everything seems pretty...
  4. Black Screen w/ Cursor After Login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen w/ Cursor After Login: Hey all, trying to help my gf with some computer issues, We were playing games and hanging out on discord last night, we went to sleep, she attempted to wake her computer up in the morning, she gets a black screen after login with cursor. Walked through the typical steps,...
  5. Black Screen w/ Cursor after startups

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen w/ Cursor after startups: Starting a few days ago, every time I boot my pc from being off or I restart it my PC is black screen with a cursor. I'm able to get it fixed by uninstalling my graphics driver then reinstalling an old one, but it happens continuously when I boot my operating system. I tried...
  6. Black Screen W/Cursor Help Please.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen W/Cursor Help Please.: I came home from Thanksgiving day dinner only to have a Black screen with a cursor and I have tried almost all the repair options I could find on the net. My main problem is I have not task manager that will come up or when trying the safe mode option all I see is still the...
  7. black screen, no logo, no cursor, no anything. it just goes on/off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    black screen, no logo, no cursor, no anything. it just goes on/off: Hi. I don't know anything about computers aside from using them. Please help me. Sending my gratitude to anyone and everyone. This happened when I tried resetting my pc to reinstall windows because of the critical error issuesign in and cortana So the problem went like...
  8. Windows boots to black screen w/ no cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows boots to black screen w/ no cursor: I just plugged in a new monitor, and the monitor shows the boot screen, then just shows a black screen, I looked it up on YouTube, and they all said to press Ctrl+alt+del, open task manager, I do somethi g else, but i cant open tadk manager either. Ive restarted my computer,...
  9. Black Screen W/ Cursor along with shaky screen and random screen going off and then back on.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black Screen W/ Cursor along with shaky screen and random screen going off and then back on.: This problem started a few months ago. When it first started, every time I entered my password into the start screen, it would lead me to a black screen w/ cursor. I left this problem alone for a while, and recently when I opened the computer back up, the start screen was...
  10. Black Screen w/ Cursor After Login.

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen w/ Cursor After Login.: Hi, I've got a serious issue. My newly built computer has been having issues since about day 3. First, let me list off relevant hardware and software. MoBo: ASUS Z170-A CPU: Intel 6600k i5 GPU: MSI 1070 GTX RAM: 32GB DDR4 128GB SSD 1TB HDD 1.5TB HDD 650w PSU...