Windows 10: Black screen when booting my Laptop after upgrading to windows 10

Discus and support Black screen when booting my Laptop after upgrading to windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a dell insperation and after having upgraded to windows 10, I came across a few issues. The update when well and windows 10 is working on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Redskyward1224, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Black screen when booting my Laptop after upgrading to windows 10

I have a dell insperation and after having upgraded to windows 10, I came across a few issues. The update when well and windows 10 is working on my laptop, however, I have an issue where I am presented with a black screen when i start my computer. I do see a dell screen and a windows boot screen before it goes black so i know the issue is not a hardware issue, however after the windows boot screen passes (the one with the blueish window icon) the screen goes to black, but it is still on (meaning the monitor is still turned on just not displaying anything). the reason i know that windows installed fine is that external monitors do work, just not my laptop monitor. I have already reinstalled windows 10 and have made sure all my drivers are up to date. Windows 10 is just not reconizing my laptops screen as a usable monitor. Please help. All advice is greatly appreciated*Smile

:)

Redskyward1224, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Daridjinn Win User

Black Screen with a Mouse?

Hi everyone, my laptop originally was a Windows 8 but when Windows 10 came out I upgraded. Suddenly I am having trouble with getting a response out of my laptop because of the black screen after my laptop boots up. Its gotten to the point where I cannot
    access bios or anything. If I do any of the F# keys my computer will acknowledge I pressed it but still continue to boot up and display a black screen. Does anyone know a solution?

Daridjinn, Jul 30, 2015
  3. KMMUR Win User
    Monitor shows black screen

After downloading windows 10, the monitor on my laptop will no stay on. When booting the manufacturers logo appears then the screen goes black. The monitor only stays on if I dissconect the ac power cord and run off the battery. This only started after
    the windows 10 upgrade. Is there a fix?

KMMUR, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Matheus Win User

Black screen when booting my Laptop after upgrading to windows 10

same problem, (dell inspiron N4050, Intel Graphics 3000) if someone can help!

Matheus, Jul 30, 2015
  5. Skalli Win User
    Did you try to boot into safe mode? Plus unplug all external monitors when booting. So your (intel?) display driver is the one being installed by W10 as the default? Try installing the one from Dell's homepage instead.

Skalli, Jul 30, 2015
  6. Same problem but when you get to the black screen just tap your power button. Computer will go off then tap your power button again then Walla! Works perfect after that! *Smile

garrettt67, Jul 30, 2015
  7. I use an Asus laptop. It showed a black screen until I pulled the power lead out and went to battery mode. Still works fine unless power lead is connected. Any ideas?

freddyponken, Aug 1, 2015
  8. crickman Win User

Make sure to upgrade your BIOS. Once I did that, the screen works perfectly.

crickman, Aug 4, 2015
  9. RWOne Win User
  10. apon80 Win User
    So a lot of people, including myself, have been having issues with the windows 10 upgrade where we encounter a black screen after the download. In my case I have finally figured out how to get out of the black screen. A lot of videos and posts have mentioned that the graphics card was to blame. The problem with my situation is that I only have one graphics card whereas others have had two; an integrated and dedicated. I only have the Intel graphics card 3000 that came installed in my Dell Inspiron laptop. I found that in order to see the download I had to connect my laptop to my TV via HDMI cable so I was able to see that it did in fact upgrade to Windows 10. from there I went to dell.com in tried to update my graphics driver however it had already been updated to the latest version. So I read somewhere that the BIOS might also have to be updated and through dell.com I put in the information for my laptop model and found that I needed to update my BIOS. Once the computer restarted I disconnected the HDMI and the black screen FINALLY went away and I was able to login! If your graphics card is already up to date try updating your BIOS and hopefully it will solve your black screen problem. Hope this helps!

apon80, Aug 24, 2015
  11. Same problem, upgrade 8 to 10 enterprises, my laptop is dell vostro 1450, i5 , pls someone help...

rajkgupta2003, Sep 4, 2015
  12. You are correct! I bought my Dell in late 2012 and the bios was updated in 2014...

As soon as I updated the Bios, W10 recognized the laptop screen and automatically updated the video output. I had to use the HDMI port in order to complete my W10 update.

Thanks for the tip!

Writerman78, Sep 8, 2015
  13. Sharon Win User

*Wink Thank you

Sharon, Oct 17, 2015
  14. Mine also worked after updating the bios!!! Thanks for putting in your solution.

Geekseeker, Oct 27, 2015
  15. Sb1556 Win User
    Have tried all fixes just not working still black after signing in. Have the voice part on if I hit enter it says enter

Sb1556, Oct 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Black screen when booting my Laptop after upgrading to windows 10 - Similar Threads - Black screen booting

2. Black screen after cold boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after cold boot: After a cold boot I get a black screen with no mouse pointer. The computer powers up and the monitor comes on but the manufacturer's logo doesn't show and nothing else appears. After repeatedly powering off (holding power button down) and retrying 5 or 6 times it eventually...
  3. Black screen in my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen in my laptop: So today I turned on my laptop. Everything was doing fine until the screen was black. If you're wondering how I got this I pressed Ctrl+Shift+Esc (Task Manager) and opened a file location, then I got all of my data, so my PC isn't encrypted, I got all of the normal apps, but...
  4. Black Screen When Booting Up

Black Screen When Booting Up: Hi, when i boot up my laptop it has a black screen but after a while it goes to windows i have switched the hard drive from my Toshiba L755 where i first experienced the black screen but it never booted up to windows. When i switched the hard drive to my other laptop (Dell...
  5. HP Laptop Black Screen on boot

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Laptop Black Screen on boot: I have a HP Pavilion 17-e019dx laptop running Windows 10 64 bit.... that all of a sudden will not boot. On start up, it just displays a black screen. There are no beeps or words, nor can I hit F8 or ESC or any other keys to get into the bios/utilities/safe mode. I have...
  6. Black screen right after switching my laptop on

Black screen right after switching my laptop on: Hi guys I have a lenovo G570. Yesterday, I tried turning on my laptop. Win 10 booted, and then hanged right at the login screen. The cursor wasn't moving and it was like that for a few minutes. Eventually I got fed up and pulled out the battery (a big mistake). Then the...
  7. Laptop screen was working after upgrade but now black

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptop screen was working after upgrade but now black: Hi I upgraded to Windows 10 on Sunday and all was well. When I went to log in on Monday the laptop screen was completely black. It sounded like it was working ok but I couldn't see anything (not even the cursor). I plugged an external monitor in and that was ok. I tried...
  8. Black screen after starting laptop (window 10)

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after starting laptop (window 10): I have a ASUS N53S and after having upgraded to windows 10, I came across a few issues. The update when well and windows 10 is working on my laptop, however, I have an issue where I am presented with a black screen when i start my computer. I do see a ASUS screen and a...
  9. Windows 10 stuck on black screen after boot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 stuck on black screen after boot.: Hi guys, I'm having an issue with my laptop. Updated to Windows 10 Pro x64 about a month ago. Two days ago I shutdown the system just fine but just yesterday when I booted it, it got past the Acer logo during boot followed by a black screen as usual... BUT it stuck there...
  10. Black screen after resetting my laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after resetting my laptop: So recently my Sony Vaio laptop performance has gone down so I decided to do a reset. Maybe I had malware. I did the fast reset where you can recover some files. After the reset was going, about 44%, it failed. So I decided to shut down the computer and try again later. The...