Windows 10: Black screen when booting my Laptop after upgrading to windows 10

Discus and support Black screen when booting my Laptop after upgrading to windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have tried all fixes just not working still black after signing in. Have the voice part on if I hit enter it says enter Before updating the BIOS on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Redskyward1224, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Black screen when booting my Laptop after upgrading to windows 10

Before updating the BIOS on my Dell laptop (which solved my problem!), I could get to the desktop after booting to a black screen by closing the lid on my laptop for about 10 seconds, then opening the lid.

.... if the desktop did not appear shortly after that, I would very briefly touch the power-on/shut-down button and the desktop would appear.

That was not really a fix... but it did get the laptop into normal operations. Worth trying... If that works for you then you likely have a BIOS compatibility issue with Windows 10.

Good luck ... I know how frustrating this issue is.

Geekseeker, Oct 30, 2015
  2. Sb1556 Win User

Was able to hook up another monitor went back to win 7 and will probably stay here

Sb1556, Oct 30, 2015
  3. raghu Win User
    Thank you APON80!!! Your tips worked for me.

I also got the black screen on my Dell Inspiron N5050 when I upgraded from Win7 to Win10. But was able to connect to a TV using the HDMI port. I then installed the new version of BIOS from Dell.com. Even though the new version was dated March 2014, it appeared to have fixed the compatibility issue.

raghu, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Black screen when booting my Laptop after upgrading to windows 10

1. Black screen when booting my Laptop after upgrading to windows 10 - Similar Threads - Black screen booting

2. CPU and mothboard upgrade, black screen when booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU and mothboard upgrade, black screen when booting: I recently swapped out a intel i5 7500 CPU and MSI H270 Motherboard for ASUS ROG B550 e motherboard and AMD Ryzen 5 5600x CPU. This followed with some problems. I did not do anything beforehand to prepare for the switch, just turned the computer off, swapped out the parts and...
  3. CPU and mothboard upgrade, black screen when booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU and mothboard upgrade, black screen when booting: I recently swapped out a intel i5 7500 CPU and MSI H270 Motherboard for ASUS ROG B550 e motherboard and AMD Ryzen 5 5600x CPU. This followed with some problems. I did not do anything beforehand to prepare for the switch, just turned the computer off, swapped out the parts and...
  4. CPU and mothboard upgrade, black screen when booting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Black screen after boot on windows 10 on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after boot on windows 10 on: Sir, I bought a new graphics Nvidia geforce 8500 gt 512 mb ddr2. When I seated the graphics on pci x16 port, it started up but after windows 10 boot, I can't see anything...the keyboard power goes out and comes in...on off on off... Now what will i do? I can't see anything...
  6. After upgrading to windows 10, my laptop screen is black when it without power connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After upgrading to windows 10, my laptop screen is black when it without power connection: Hey, I have an old laptop, and I upgrade his hard drive to ssd, and install on him windows 10the laptop had windows 7. Since I do that, my laptop screen is black when the laptop without power connection, but when I connect it, the screen turn on immediatlyThe laptop work...
  7. Laptop black screen after boot up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop black screen after boot up: When I turn my laptop on, after windows logo it is showing black screen even keyboard is not working at that time. Can anyone fix this issue asap? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-black-screen-after-boot-up/a6bd66ee-792e-4930-abef-8d58e0557cf8
  8. After SSD upgrade, sometimes it boots into black screen. Windows 10

After SSD upgrade, sometimes it boots into black screen. Windows 10: About 1 week ago, I upgraded my HP Pavilion x360 2018 from a HDD to a SSD. It worked fine the first couple of days, then 1 day, when I kept my computer to sleep, I turned it on again and I put in my PIN like usual. Then it said Welcome, for about 1 minute and I was wondering...
  9. Black screen when booting windows 10

Black screen when booting windows 10: When I turn on my pc, all I see is a black screen with no cursor. The keyboard connected to the computer lits up, so I know the fault is related to the display. I have tried the methods in the help articles, like to restart it 3 times but nothing helps. The black screen never...
  10. Black screen when booting after logo

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen when booting after logo: Hi to all, my laptop is not booting on first attempt. This happens around 3-4 months ago. It only has a black screen after the manufacturer logo and the rotating loading circles. No keyboard, no mouse, its totally unresponsive. What I do is I hit the power button to force...