Windows 10: Black Screen When Booting Up

Discus and support Black Screen When Booting Up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, when i boot up my laptop it has a black screen but after a while it goes to windows i have switched the hard drive from my Toshiba L755 where i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by The Computer Greyhound, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Black Screen When Booting Up

Hi, when i boot up my laptop it has a black screen but after a while it goes to windows i have switched the hard drive from my Toshiba L755 where i first experienced the black screen but it never booted up to windows. When i switched the hard drive to my other laptop (Dell Inspiron 1525) were it still had the black screen but after a 30 minutes i saw the windows logo and after another 30 minutes i saw the desktop.I tried running the PSA (Pre Boot System Assessment) but nothing happened.

Help would be appreciated,

The Computer Greyhound

:)

The Computer Greyhound, Oct 1, 2018
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Oct 1, 2018
  3. Black screen after booting

Hi Darlene,

There are several reasons why this issue occurs, such as a corrupted driver, Internet connection, third-party software, and external hardware or devices. For us to investigate the issue, please clarify the following:

• Can you verify if the issue occurred during the update or after installing the update?
    • Are you able to log in to your computer?

In the meantime, we suggest performing the steps provided on this link to resolve your black screen
    issue. On the "Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors" section, select the error that you're experiencing from the options provided.

Get back to us with the result.

Lov Dollente, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Black Screen When Booting Up

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

Black Screen When Booting Up

1. Black Screen When Booting Up - Similar Threads - Black Screen Booting

2. black screen after booting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black screen after booting up: my PC black screen after booting up, when i boot up my pc it takes about 40-50 second till my monitor is turn on and show some signal, after that the monitor just turn on and stuck on black screen, i have no visual on mouse cursor, and my keyboard didn't work too... i tried...
  3. Black screen when boot up Windows OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen when boot up Windows OS: So I decided to install RemixOS without any knowledge of how to use it because I'm stupid. And now when I boot up my pc ans choose the Windows option, all I get is a black screen. No login or anything. None of the keyboard inputs work either....
  4. Black screen when boot up Windows OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen when boot up Windows OS: So I decided to install RemixOS without any knowledge of how to use it because I'm stupid. And now when I boot up my pc ans choose the Windows option, all I get is a black screen. No login or anything. None of the keyboard inputs work either....
  5. Black screen when boot up Windows OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Why is there a black screen when I booted up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there a black screen when I booted up.: When I booted up my laptop, it had a black screen for 1-2 minutes then showed the HP logo and finally booted up. Is this normal and what can I do to stop it from happening? This only happens rarely and don’t really know why so I am here....
  7. Why is there a black screen when I booted up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is there a black screen when I booted up.: When I booted up my laptop, it had a black screen for 1-2 minutes then showed the HP logo and finally booted up. Is this normal and what can I do to stop it from happening? This only happens rarely and don’t really know why so I am here....
  8. Computer will not boot up and also black screen when turning on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer will not boot up and also black screen when turning on: So basically. 1 year ago the problem started. I turned off my computer, went to sleep and then next morning I could not turn on the computer. The lights work, fans work, but all I get is a black screen. I do not know what to do. I tried to open Bios 100x with all possible...
  9. Computer not booting up Black Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer not booting up Black Screen: How do I download a boot disk to USB ?Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-not-booting-up-black-screen/49411470-d6d0-4f39-9d6b-60e0b11414d4
  10. Black screen/ no boot up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen/ no boot up: Hi, Recently computer stopped booting up. What happens is, I power it on, the flash screen comes up, then it says loading operating system and then it just goes to a black screen and stays like it. This happened ever since i tried to boot into safe mode and upon restart...