Windows 10: Black screen when connected via Remote Desktop

Discus and support Black screen when connected via Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi,When connected via Remote DesktopRDP to Windows 10.0 19041, screen recording starts, but the screen is recorded black. Everything is fine on Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ThEvgeny, Apr 29, 2021.

1. ThEvgeny Win User

Black screen when connected via Remote Desktop

Hi,When connected via Remote DesktopRDP to Windows 10.0 19041, screen recording starts, but the screen is recorded black. Everything is fine on Windows 8.1. Help me please!

:)

ThEvgeny, Apr 29, 2021

2. Remote Desktop black screen

It logs in but get the black screen with only the pointer showing. I tried unchecking the persistent bitmap caching but still didn't help. This was suggested online. The remote computer graphics work fine when not connected with remote desktop. The driver
    that was installed when Windows 10 1903 was installed is the one not working with remote desktop. The old Microsoft basic graphic driver just made it impossible to use although it did work with remote desktop. Haven't found any other driver to use as of now.
    It is an older Dell Studio 17 and Dell doesn't list a graphic driver for it. I am still trying to see if I can find one though.

JamesWalther, Apr 29, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

4. puma99dk| Win User

Remote Desktop limit to 2 screens?

Is it possible to limit Remote Desktop in Windows 10 to only use 2 out of 3 screens connected to a pc?

Remote Desktop is to a Windows 2012 Server.

puma99dk|, Apr 29, 2021
Thema:

1. Black screen when connected via Remote Desktop - Similar Threads - Black screen connected

2. Remote desktop connection via VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop connection via VPN: I have remote desktop on both a laptop and a mini PC. Both have windows 11 pro. I am able to connect while on the same network. I'd like to understand how to connect remotely while on different networks via the VPN method....
  3. Remote desktop connection via VPN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop connection via VPN: I have remote desktop on both a laptop and a mini PC. Both have windows 11 pro. I am able to connect while on the same network. I'd like to understand how to connect remotely while on different networks via the VPN method....
  4. Unable to connect via Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect via Remote Desktop: Hi,I am unable to connect via Remote Desktop using 2 Win-10-Pro computers.The error message I get is that another session has already started. Both computers are on my home network and I can see the shared drives and access them.Its just the Remote desktop can not connect...
  5. Unable to connect via Remote Desktop

Unable to connect via Remote Desktop: Hi,I am unable to connect via Remote Desktop using 2 Win-10-Pro computers.The error message I get is that another session has already started. Both computers are on my home network and I can see the shared drives and access them.Its just the Remote desktop can not connect...
  6. Unable to connect via Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Remote Desktop Connection shows black screen when tries to connect to Ubuntu Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Connection shows black screen when tries to connect to Ubuntu Desktop: I am trying to connect to remote Ubuntu Desktop from my Windows11 Laptop using Remote Desktop Connection.Once logged in, I am seeing black screen inside RDP window , not sure how to fix it.Tried few tips I found online , For ex: Unchecking Persistent Bitmap Caching. However...
  8. Remote Desktop Connection shows black screen when tries to connect to Ubuntu Desktop

Remote Desktop Connection shows black screen when tries to connect to Ubuntu Desktop: I am trying to connect to remote Ubuntu Desktop from my Windows11 Laptop using Remote Desktop Connection.Once logged in, I am seeing black screen inside RDP window , not sure how to fix it.Tried few tips I found online , For ex: Unchecking Persistent Bitmap Caching. However...
  9. Black screen on Remote Desktop and Remote Software VNC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Black screen on Remote Desktop and Remote Software VNC: HelloWe use RealVNC to remote in to our machine at the office it works the same as team viewer etc, but when we went to login today the screen was black. I can remote into another machine that is at the office so it isnt the internet and if I use RDP on that machine I still...
  10. Remote Desktop black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remote Desktop black screen: After installing update 1903 on second computer I get a black screen when remote desktop connects. Tried rolling back video driver which took me back to a Microsoft basic driver from 2006 but only offers 1024x768 for best setting. This causes programs to be so large you can...