Windows 10: Black screen when desktop is supposed to be loaded up

Discus and support Black screen when desktop is supposed to be loaded up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Okay so, this is my father's laptop. He knows nothing about working with computers, but the had the genius idea of installing Windows 10 entirely on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MartyTheGamer, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Black screen when desktop is supposed to be loaded up

Okay so, this is my father's laptop. He knows nothing about working with computers, but the had the genius idea of installing Windows 10 entirely on his own. Installation seems to have gone okay, the computer now has Windows 10 properly installed.

But of course, there are problems.

So, loads up okay. Login screen. I enter the password. It says "Welcome" and starts loading up. All of a sudden it switches to a black screen with just the cursor. The toolbar might flash for a second every once in a while but nothing else happens. I can open task manager and I see stuff is happening, it's like there is a black curtain covering the desktop.

I've searched around the internet for a solution but I didn't find any I could do and that worked. It just doesn't let me get to the desktop. Can't figure out how to start Safe Mode. It also isn't a "clean install" and I can't do that because my father has important stuff on this laptop.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

MartyTheGamer, Feb 8, 2016

2. Black Screen

The Black screen is at boot up when you are trying load the Desktop Dylan. Our recommendations are for you to try outside of Windows in the recovery environment.

Andre Da Costa, Feb 8, 2016
  3. DeadCyro Win User
    Black Screen with Cursor After December Update

I get the black screen when I log into my account, or when the desktop is supposed to appear. As I've said, I still have a cursor.

DeadCyro, Feb 8, 2016
Thema:

Black screen when desktop is supposed to be loaded up

1. Black screen when desktop is supposed to be loaded up - Similar Threads - Black screen desktop

2. Black screen after loading up pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after loading up pc.: Sometimes when I load up my computer, after a few minutes it'll just black screen and restart. This will happen usually 10-20 times before it stops for around 20 hours, and it's really annoying....
  3. Black screen after loading up pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after loading up pc.: Sometimes when I load up my computer, after a few minutes it'll just black screen and restart. This will happen usually 10-20 times before it stops for around 20 hours, and it's really annoying....
  4. PC loads to desktop with black screen and taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC loads to desktop with black screen and taskbar: Hello,Earlier in the week I had taken steps to improve the performance of Mortal Kombat 1 on my pc. I went about this by installing Process Lasso on my pc and changing the number of maximum cores active from 1 to 12. The pc had run fine over the next day or so, but when I...
  5. PC loads to desktop with black screen and taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC loads to desktop with black screen and taskbar: Hello,Earlier in the week I had taken steps to improve the performance of Mortal Kombat 1 on my pc. I went about this by installing Process Lasso on my pc and changing the number of maximum cores active from 1 to 12. The pc had run fine over the next day or so, but when I...
  6. PC loads to desktop with black screen and taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Black Screen After Loading Up Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black Screen After Loading Up Laptop: So my laptop has been doing this thing where it will go to a black screen after I turn it on and sign in. This has been happening since october/november. The laptop loads up after 10-20 minutes only when the charger is plugged in, otherwise it stays a black screen... Does...
  8. Black screen with loading circle when starting up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with loading circle when starting up: When I turn my PC on my screen is black with the circulating loading circle with the many dots. After like 30 secs this goes away and I can use my PC normally. I have an SSD but I cannot figure out what this causes. EDIT: My PC Specs AMD Ryzen 7 3700X nVidia Geforce RTC...
  9. Desktop loads to a black screen with just the cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop loads to a black screen with just the cursor: Hello, So about a week ago I lost power while I was on my computer. We were able to load it up after the power went out and use it again. We shut down the computer and tried to load it up the next day and we get nothing but a black screen with just a cursor on the screen. I...
  10. Black Screen when loading or playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen when loading or playing games: I have had a pc for a few months now and haven't had many problems. But a couple nights ago I started to get a black screen when playing games. I ignored it at first but then it got worse and I couldn't even load up a game. I factory reset my pc and tried to play a game again...