Windows 10: black screen when hovering cursor over log in field and over address bars and menus

Discus and support black screen when hovering cursor over log in field and over address bars and menus in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; The screen turns black when hovering mouse cursor over field or anything that is an action button or menu. Can tab through and enter text, and only the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SPSJohnDouglas, Feb 17, 2021.

1. black screen when hovering cursor over log in field and over address bars and menus

The screen turns black when hovering mouse cursor over field or anything that is an action button or menu. Can tab through and enter text, and only the primary monitor is affected laptop. The problem goes away if rebooted, but comes back as soon as sleep and wake or shut down, then wake.

Searches don't produce anything with this particular symptom. Most are just issues where there is a black screen with a cursor. Completely different issue.

Thanks!

:)

SPSJohnDouglas, Feb 17, 2021
  2. jds63 Win User

Black Screen after Log on

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, Feb 17, 2021
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Feb 17, 2021
  4. JustJK Win User

black screen when hovering cursor over log in field and over address bars and menus

Black screen with cursor after Windows 10 update

JustJK, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

black screen when hovering cursor over log in field and over address bars and menus

1. black screen when hovering cursor over log in field and over address bars and menus - Similar Threads - black screen hovering

2. Blue Circle when cursor is over task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Circle when cursor is over task bar: Hello, The last week I update with the last patches my windows 10 version, and after this update, if I move my cursor over the task bar, the tipical blue circle from process running is been showed....
  3. Blue Circle when cursor is over task bar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue Circle when cursor is over task bar: Hello, The last week I update with the last patches my windows 10 version, and after this update, if I move my cursor over the task bar, the tipical blue circle from process running is been showed....
  4. Mouse has black square when hovering over videos.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse has black square when hovering over videos.: I have a black square below my mouse and to the right, it only appears when hovering over a video on twitch or youtube. https://i.imgur.com/wrtZ0RZ.png...
  5. Mouse has black square when hovering over videos.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse has black square when hovering over videos.: I have a black square below my mouse and to the right, it only appears when hovering over a video on twitch or youtube. https://i.imgur.com/wrtZ0RZ.png...
  6. Mouse has black square when hovering over videos.

7. Black Screen when hovering over Windows Interface

Black Screen when hovering over Windows Interface: I have been having this issue with my pc for a couple of months now. When ever the cursor is run over a windows-based interface taskbar tray, file explorer, right click menu, etc. the screen goes black for a few seconds before resetting. I have done everything I can think of...
  8. When cursor hovers over a video or anything on the screen, that video or app or whatever...

When cursor hovers over a video or anything on the screen, that video or app or whatever...: This happened right after Windows 10 most recent upgrade. It's quite annoying. How do I stop this? Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-cursor-hovers-over-a-video-or-anything-on-the/6a2cc45b-f0ba-424e-9328-80ae4808935a
  9. No Task Bar (hovering) preview, no peeking, no full screen is on hovering over and clicking

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Task Bar (hovering) preview, no peeking, no full screen is on hovering over and clicking: When there is no window opened, hovering over taskbar app icons, a preview is shown, but on hovering over preview no full window is opened, and no peeking is done, and also clicking on that small preview, no window opened. And whenever there is a window is opened then...
  10. Cursor hover over application issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor hover over application issue: Hello friends, I recently switched to Windows 10 and it's been great so far but I've been having problems with one specific thing. I use VLC to listen to podcasts and I leave the VLC window behind all the rest of my windows since I don't need to touch it for any reason...