Windows 10: Black Screen when hovering over Windows Interface

Discus and support Black Screen when hovering over Windows Interface in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been having this issue with my pc for a couple of months now. When ever the cursor is run over a windows-based interface taskbar tray, file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LukeHancock2166, May 12, 2021.

1. Black Screen when hovering over Windows Interface

I have been having this issue with my pc for a couple of months now. When ever the cursor is run over a windows-based interface taskbar tray, file explorer, right click menu, etc. the screen goes black for a few seconds before resetting. I have done everything I can think of to fix it. I have just reset windows and installed entirely new drivers for the graphics card. I thought the issue might be with the GPU itself so I had it RMA'd but was told that it was perfectly fine. The only temporary fix is to hard kill the system by holding down the power button to turn off and then turning back on

:)

LukeHancock2166, May 12, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, May 12, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 12, 2021
  4. Black Screen when hovering over Windows Interface

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Black Screen when hovering over Windows Interface

1. Black Screen when hovering over Windows Interface - Similar Threads - Black Screen hovering

2. Visual bug when hovering over taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual bug when hovering over taskbar: Lately when hovering over the taskbar, items will flicker when mouse is moved, when clicked, the windows will not open. When opening a program it will not open in window mode, it stays minimized....
  3. Visual bug when hovering over taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Visual bug when hovering over taskbar: Lately when hovering over the taskbar, items will flicker when mouse is moved, when clicked, the windows will not open. When opening a program it will not open in window mode, it stays minimized....
  4. Mouse has black square when hovering over videos.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse has black square when hovering over videos.: I have a black square below my mouse and to the right, it only appears when hovering over a video on twitch or youtube. https://i.imgur.com/wrtZ0RZ.png...
  5. Mouse has black square when hovering over videos.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse has black square when hovering over videos.: I have a black square below my mouse and to the right, it only appears when hovering over a video on twitch or youtube. https://i.imgur.com/wrtZ0RZ.png...
  6. Mouse has black square when hovering over videos.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. black screen when hovering cursor over log in field and over address bars and menus

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    black screen when hovering cursor over log in field and over address bars and menus: The screen turns black when hovering mouse cursor over field or anything that is an action button or menu. Can tab through and enter text, and only the primary monitor is affected laptop. The problem goes away if rebooted, but comes back as soon as sleep and wake or shut...
  8. Hover over icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hover over icon: [ATTACH] How do i stop this from happening everytime i drag the mouse over an icon? It even stays like that even if im not hovering over it, i need to click for it to disipear....
  9. Mouse glitches when hovering over taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse glitches when hovering over taskbar: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/5point99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hztnax/mouse_glitches_when_hovering_over_taskbar/
  10. Shifting Windows when hovering over taskbar programs.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shifting Windows when hovering over taskbar programs.: I have mild OCD, and ever since a recent update its been going nuts due this bug. When I mouse over a icon on the task bar and hover over it the other windows shift to the side and then fade away. They use to just fade away.... Here's a video of the bug. VIDEO PLZ send...