Windows 10: Black screen when installing new programs

Discus and support Black screen when installing new programs in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Sometimes when I try to install a new program or an update, I end with a black screen. It happens when the UAC ask for my permision. The only way I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by marcelobarbao, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Black screen when installing new programs

Sometimes when I try to install a new program or an update, I end with a black screen. It happens when the UAC ask for my permision. The only way I can leave the black screen is with Ctrl-Alt-Del, but then it's understood as a NO by the UAC and I can't install the program. I tried to change the UAC and - guess what? - it should asks if I am sure but all I got is the same black screen. How can I change that?

:)

marcelobarbao, Mar 13, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Mar 13, 2019
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Black screen when installing new programs

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

Black screen when installing new programs

1. Black screen when installing new programs - Similar Threads - Black screen installing

2. New Windows 10 Install = Black Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Windows 10 Install = Black Screen: Hi there, I have just installed Windows 10 onto my New Build Pc and am now suffering with a black screen of death. Basically I decided to use nvme as my Windows Boot. I Installed Windows with Zero issues, all updates were completed. The pc restarted itself multiple times to...
  3. Black screen when installing software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen when installing software: Hello, when I try to install new software I get a black screen. I have then to ctrl+alt+del to return to the desktop. So I wanted to run DISM, but Command Prompt gives a black screen too and so does MSERT, which then says "you must be logged on as a member of the...
  4. Black screen when installing software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen when installing software: Hello, when I try to install new software I get a black screen. I have then to ctrl+alt+del to return to the desktop. So I wanted to run DISM, but Command Prompt gives a black screen too and so does MSERT, which then says "you must be logged on as a member of the...
  5. Black screen when opening a program

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen when opening a program: so this problem started recently, unfortunately i don't know what caused it. when i open an application for example epic games launcher the launcher wasn't responding and the screen would go black. then i would need to wait or force it to shut down to access my desktop again....
  6. Black Screen when Trying to install a program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen when Trying to install a program: Every time I try to install a program, I get a black screen instead of the user account control prompt. It still makes the sound but shows a black screen. I can use CtrL-Alt-Del to get out of it but then it doesn't install the program. This also happens when I try to...
  7. Black screen when installing windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Black screen when installing windows: I am installing Windows 10 on a pc that I have just built, but whilst I was configuring the settings for the install the screen went black. I am installing from a USB....
  8. Screen goes black when opening certain programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen goes black when opening certain programs: Hi, this issue started recently. No software or hardware changes were made around the time. I have 3 monitors, and whenever I open certain programs, one of the side monitors will go black. I have ruled out loose connectors, and other hardware issues, as it's usually the...
  9. Black screen when installing a new GPU -- please help!

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black screen when installing a new GPU -- please help!: Hi all. I tried installing my new GPU today (GTX 1660 Ti), but when I boot up the PC I only get a black screen once I get past the motherboard boot-up screen. (Also, this particular screen seems to remain onscreen much longer than it did with my previous card. It was almost...
  10. permissions when installing a new program

in Windows 10 Customization
    permissions when installing a new program: When I try to install some new programs I get the message "insufficient permissions" I am the only person using this computer....