Windows 10: Black screen when installing windows

Discus and support Black screen when installing windows in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am installing Windows 10 on a pc that I have just built, but whilst I was configuring the settings for the install the screen went black. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KitDaCatsun, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Black screen when installing windows

I am installing Windows 10 on a pc that I have just built, but whilst I was configuring the settings for the install the screen went black.

I am installing from a USB.

:)

KitDaCatsun, Sep 10, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Sep 10, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 10, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Black screen when installing windows

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

Black screen when installing windows

1. Black screen when installing windows - Similar Threads - Black screen installing

2. Black screen when installing software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen when installing software: Hello, when I try to install new software I get a black screen. I have then to ctrl+alt+del to return to the desktop. So I wanted to run DISM, but Command Prompt gives a black screen too and so does MSERT, which then says "you must be logged on as a member of the...
  3. Black screen when installing software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen when installing software: Hello, when I try to install new software I get a black screen. I have then to ctrl+alt+del to return to the desktop. So I wanted to run DISM, but Command Prompt gives a black screen too and so does MSERT, which then says "you must be logged on as a member of the...
  4. Windows 10, black screen when starting installer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10, black screen when starting installer: In old , core 2 duo machines, when you try to install Windows 10 version grater than 1903 the installer doesnt start but shows a black screen with blinking underscore. I have try it on 10+ machines. Its obvious that the old hardware is to blame, but is there any workout? Just...
  5. Black Screen when Trying to install a program

Black Screen when Trying to install a program: Every time I try to install a program, I get a black screen instead of the user account control prompt. It still makes the sound but shows a black screen. I can use CtrL-Alt-Del to get out of it but then it doesn't install the program. This also happens when I try to...
  6. Black screen with cursor when installing AMD drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen with cursor when installing AMD drivers: Hello i have an AMD A8 7410 with Radeon R5 M430 whenever i try to install amd drivers after reset my screen goes black with cursor i tried uninstalling drivers with AMD cleanup utility but atill my screen goes black with cursor when i open my AMD 19.5.1 setup the problem...
  7. Black screen when installing new programs

Black screen when installing new programs: Sometimes when I try to install a new program or an update, I end with a black screen. It happens when the UAC ask for my permision. The only way I can leave the black screen is with Ctrl-Alt-Del, but then it's understood as a NO by the UAC and I can't install the program. I...
  8. Windows black screen on install

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows black screen on install: Recently, my computer gave me error 0xc000000f, and I couldn’t figure out how to fix it through asking online and watching YouTube videos on the subject, so I decided to download the latest version of Windows 10 on a 16GB USB and install it on my computer to start fresh. When...
  9. Black screen when installing AMD video drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black screen when installing AMD video drivers: I have a new i5 system with a fresh install of Windows 10x64 and a good old AMD 7870 graphics card. I have been using AMD Crimson drivers 16.3.2 for Win10x64. No overclocking. The system has worked flawlessly the last six weeks. A couple of days ago I had my first crash, when...
  10. Black screen with flashing cursor when trying to install.

Black screen with flashing cursor when trying to install.: I've made three attempts to install Windows 10 on my desktop PC with no success. First with the WindowsTechnicalPreview-x64-EN-US.iso and then with my MSDN en_windows_technical_preview_for_enterprise_x64_dvd_5554079.iso. I'm using a 16 GB USB thumb drive. I tried making it...