Windows 10: Black screen when launching fullscreen applications after returning from sleep mode.

Discus and support Black screen when launching fullscreen applications after returning from sleep mode. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I seem to be having an issue that no one else is having according to my extensive research. Every time my computer goes to sleep after idling for 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TicoWright, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Black screen when launching fullscreen applications after returning from sleep mode.

I seem to be having an issue that no one else is having according to my extensive research. Every time my computer goes to sleep after idling for 2 hours, every time I launch a fullscreen application after returning from this state, the screen goes black. The only way to fix this is to unplug the display port cable and plug it back in, or alt+f4 to close the program and restart the entire computer. This seems to only happen with programs that go fullscreen, as windowed applications don't have this issue. As you can tell, this is very inconvenient and I'm having trouble finding a fix. Yes, my machine is up-to-date before you ask.

:)

TicoWright, Feb 11, 2021
  2. Jack_197 Win User

Screen goes black when fullscreen windows 8.1

Since 3 weeks ago my laptop's screen goes black when I try to maximize (fullscreen) any file (folders , movies , browsers , ...) but the laptop works properly when the screen gets black But it's okay when every file is windowed. After going black I minimize
    that window (which is fullscreen) and use the key "fn+f7" two times and the screen returns. Sometimes after working for some hours this problem fixes and I can fullscreen the files but after putting my laptop to sleep mode and then turning it on the problem
    returns.

I'm using asus laptop n550jk model and windoes 8.1 with all the drivers updated to the their latest versions.

Also my battery hasn't fully charged since 4 months ago and its light is flashing and its percentage is stuck at 80%.

I have also tried some anti viruses but nothing helped me.

How can I fix this problem?

Is my battery cuasing this problem or this is hardware issue?

Jack_197, Feb 11, 2021
  3. Black screen after long time in "sleep" mode

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I really appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix the issue.

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Quickrog” replied on December 20, 2014 in the following Microsoft Community link and check if that helps.

Black screen after sleep mode in Windows 8.1

Also, I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Vijay B” replied on April 1, 2014 in the same Microsoft Community link and check if that helps.

Black screen after sleep mode in Windows 8.1

You may also refer to the suggestions provided in the following Microsoft Community link given below and check if that helps.

black screen after sleep mode, windows 8

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant

Jayant Gupta, Feb 11, 2021
  4. Frank_S_R Win User

Black screen when launching fullscreen applications after returning from sleep mode.

Black screen after sleep mode

Hello.

I updated windows last Saturday 19th September 2020 and after leaving it in sleep mode it doesn't work anymore. The computer is running, but the screen is black. I have already tried to press ctrl+shift+windows+B, but it doesn't work. When I force it to
    shut down by pressing the power button and something weird happens: if I'm not charging the laptop, it shuts down but as soon as I turn it on again, it only shows the black screen and the computer is on; if being off I start charging it, it automatically turns
    on with the black screen. It seems that if it is charching I'm unable to force it to shut down. I have also tried to run it with another os in an USB stick and still it doesn't work.

I have read that this is due to the las update in September. In some places it is suggested to use ctrl+shift+windows+B, but it doesn't work for me. They also suggest changing some settings in the computer, but I am not able to even access any settings because
    the laptop is still in the "running mode" with black screen.

Is there any solution for this? Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Frank_S_R, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

Black screen when launching fullscreen applications after returning from sleep mode.

1. Black screen when launching fullscreen applications after returning from sleep mode. - Similar Threads - Black screen launching

2. Black screen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after sleep mode: When I open my computer after being idle and seemingly go into sleep mode, I can't wake it up and it stays in a black screen. So, I end up having to do a hard restart. I have tried pressing CRTL ALT DEL. Any ideas?...
  3. Black screen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after sleep mode: When I open my computer after being idle and seemingly go into sleep mode, I can't wake it up and it stays in a black screen. So, I end up having to do a hard restart. I have tried pressing CRTL ALT DEL. Any ideas?...
  4. No sound after returning from Sleep Mode Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound after returning from Sleep Mode Windows 11: I have a Dell Latitude with Windows 11. When my PC returns from sleep mode the sound stops working. When I check Sound Settings the laptop's integrated speakers Intel Smart Sound Technology are still selected. I'm usually quite good at troubleshooting PC issues. I've followed...
  5. No sound after returning from Sleep Mode Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound after returning from Sleep Mode Windows 11: I have a Dell Latitude with Windows 11. When my PC returns from sleep mode the sound stops working. When I check Sound Settings the laptop's integrated speakers Intel Smart Sound Technology are still selected. I'm usually quite good at troubleshooting PC issues. I've followed...
  6. Black Screen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen after sleep mode: Hi, I need help course my screen stays black after boot but I hear a beep, if I plug in my power supply. I set my pc in screen of mode and sleep. After 15 min I came back and could do anything with it, so I rebooted it. After the reboot it stays at a black screen but I can...
  7. Black screen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after sleep mode: Hello. I updated windows last Saturday 19th September 2020 and after leaving it in sleep mode it doesn't work anymore. The computer is running, but the screen is black. I have already tried to press ctrl+shift+windows+B, but it doesn't work. When I force it to shut down by...
  8. Black screen when coming back from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen when coming back from sleep mode: I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 and the last two days I've had issues when coming back to the laptop after closing the lid and putting it into sleep mode. When I reopen the lid and press a button on the keyboard everything lights up like normal and starts running- except the...
  9. Blue Screen on returning from Sleep Mode - Toshiba Laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen on returning from Sleep Mode - Toshiba Laptop: Hi all. I have a new Toshiba C55-C5241 Laptop, which came pre-loaded with Windows 10. (See Specs) I clean installed Windows 10 last weekend. All went very well. I just started loading programs this weekend. I started noticing the blue screen stops yesterday. These...
  10. Black & White screen from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black & White screen from sleep mode: Don't know if this is the correct place or not but here goes......I have 2 almost identical HP P6 desktop pc's 2400t/2420t bought new in 2013 both running Win10 Home and one of them is giving me a black & white screen instead of the regular color when I bring it out of sleep...