Windows 10: Black screen when opening Mail/Calendar

Discus and support Black screen when opening Mail/Calendar in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi. I updated to Win10 two days ago. It worked perfectly the first night, next day start menu and Cortona were unresponsive. I found a bunch of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jelpe, Oct 5, 2015.

1. jelpe Win User

Black screen when opening Mail/Calendar

Hi. I updated to Win10 two days ago. It worked perfectly the first night, next day start menu and Cortona were unresponsive. I found a bunch of solutions online for that problem, so I was able to fix it. Now, however, I have a new issue that I cannot find an answer to anywhere. When I click on mail or calendar app, I get a black screen and I cannot do anything. I restart and everything is back to normal, except that when I click on those two again, the same thing happens.
    I've noticed that a lot of people have a black screen on booting, I only have it appear black for a little bit before it proceeds to turn on, I think that's just the part of it starting and that's not really my problem.
    I haven't checked all the apps, I can imagine that maybe the same thing might happen with some others.

Thank you.

Update: It just went to sleep and keeps a black screen then too.
    Second update: If I close my lid, after I open it again, start menu and cortana won't work again.

:)

jelpe, Oct 5, 2015
  2. tonic47 Win User

Windows 10 Mail app

Thanks for the reply, Rey

I received Windows updates on the 15th and 16th June, these included KB4022715.
    The Mail app stopped working on the 15th, don't know if it was because of the updates.
    On occasions, when I try to open the app the OS becomes unstable. The screen turns black with just the cursor in the centre of the screen, then the Mail app appears very briefly, less then a second, and back to the black
    screen. I shut down Windows, remove the battery from the laptop (if I don't the problem persists when I switch back on) and restart. It is not doing this today, however. When I open the Mail app it is showing emails up to 15th June, syncing does not download
    recent emails. This is not a great issue as I can see all emails on the tablet and desktop but the 'Calendar' app is affected sometimes and that is a nuisance. I've opened system apps and reset 'Mail and Calendar' app using advanced options, all that did
    was clear my calendar! I new it would but it was worth a try.

tonic47, Oct 5, 2015
  3. NCEmpress Win User
    My calendar and e-mail do not function.

My calendar and e-mail do not function. Just a blue screen for calendar. E-mails are listed but can't be opened! Is there a fix for this

NCEmpress, Oct 5, 2015
Thema:

Black screen when opening Mail/Calendar

1. Black screen when opening Mail/Calendar - Similar Threads - Black screen opening

2. Mail and calendar crashes when open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail and calendar crashes when open: After reseting the mail and calendar app it just crashes and auto close when it opens. Event viewer shows the following error:Faulting application name: HxTsr.exe, version: 16.0.14326.21374, time stamp: 0x6400103eFaulting module name: hxcomm.dll, version: 16.0.14326.21374,...
  3. Mail and calendar crashes when open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail and calendar crashes when open: After reseting the mail and calendar app it just crashes and auto close when it opens. Event viewer shows the following error:Faulting application name: HxTsr.exe, version: 16.0.14326.21374, time stamp: 0x6400103eFaulting module name: hxcomm.dll, version: 16.0.14326.21374,...
  4. mail and calendar app wont open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    mail and calendar app wont open: Mail icon disappeared from task bar and app wont open in Microsoft store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-and-calendar-app-wont-open/633a7b21-13c2-426b-b952-3f3f148ad715
  5. mail and calendar app wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mail and calendar app wont open: Mail icon disappeared from task bar and app wont open in Microsoft store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-and-calendar-app-wont-open/633a7b21-13c2-426b-b952-3f3f148ad715
  6. mail and calendar app wont open

7. My calendar in Mail won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My calendar in Mail won't open: My calendar in Mail won't open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-calendar-in-mail-wont-open/b55266d1-c4dd-4d0a-b221-a65d3dc2dbc1
  8. Mail and Calendar not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail and Calendar not opening: The mail and calendar app is not opening in my Windows 11. It doesnt have issue before but after performing registry change and went back to the date prior it started a new issue. I hope that I made the system restore right but now I am more concern about my Mail and Calendar...
  9. Mail and Calendar not opening

Mail and Calendar not opening: The mail and calendar app is not opening in my Windows 11. It doesnt have issue before but after performing registry change and went back to the date prior it started a new issue. I hope that I made the system restore right but now I am more concern about my Mail and Calendar...
  10. Mail and Calendar Apps won't open

in Browsers and Email
    Mail and Calendar Apps won't open: My Mail and Calendar Apps worked well for about a week, but today neither will open. How can I get them to open? 14284