Windows 10: Black Screen when playing games - W10Pro

Discus and support Black Screen when playing games - W10Pro in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, So I have been getting than issue where my screen goes black after playing games and the only way to restore it's state is by pressing power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ArturoCorralesV, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Black Screen when playing games - W10Pro

Hello,

So I have been getting than issue where my screen goes black after playing games and the only way to restore it's state is by pressing power button and then restarting the system. This issue started after the April 2018 big Update.

I have uninstall and reinstall my GPU Drivers and the issue is still there.

I formatted my SSD and resintalled the OS using the en_windows_10_consumer_

I have done most of suggested steps from different forums and websites and still have the issue so I am coming here in case there is something I might be missing to try .. otherwise going back to Windows 7.

This is totally frustrating ><

My PC Specs are the following:

Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    CPU
    Intel Core i5 430M @ 2.27GHz 56 °C
    Arrandale 32nm Technology
    RAM
    8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz (7-7-7-20)
    Motherboard
    MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO. LTD MS-1656 (CPU 1)
    Graphics
    S22C300 (1920x1080@60Hz)
    1024MB ATI AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5800 Series (MSI) 54 °C
    Storage
    232GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (SATA (SSD)) 41 °C
    465GB Seagate ST9500420AS (SATA ) 36 °C
    Optical Drives
    No optical disk drives detected
    Audio
    High Definition Audio Device

Any idea or thoughts on what to do next?

:)

ArturoCorralesV, Sep 24, 2018

2. Unable to play video games on Windows 10, black screen after log-in screen

Hi Natasha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the Windows 10 operating system, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• From where are you trying to play the video games (downloaded/ from website)?
    • If you are playing games from website which browser are you using?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the game crashes?
    • Are you able log-in to your computer?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display drivers.

As you see black screen while logging to the desktop, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about this issue, try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 24, 2018
  3. Black Screens when playing games

Hello, my pc has black screens when playing games. I already tried to fix that by sfc, dism, disk repair... all of that didn't help. I have quad core q8200 and it work great but in the past i had gt 430(not good for playing games of 2007-2015) so i bought
    gtx 9800 and it's perfrect for games of 2007-2015, my fps i high with no lags. when i replaced the gt 430 with gtx 9800 my black screens disappeared but now past something like 3 month and the black screens came back!! Before i replaced the gt 430 with gtx
    9800, i tried to play with my original gpu(gt 210 also bad for games), the black screens disappeared but instead of that i had freezes that coming after 2 hours of playing. the black screen at the start when you put the gpu disappear but they come after 3
    month and rarely(after 2 hours of playing) but after a week the come less rarely(20-30 minutes) and after one more week, they come when you start the game. They only disappear if you put out the gpu and put it in again(I think so.), but i can't do every 3
    month, it's will become very annoying. And replacing the psu won't work. it's happened with all games with no exclude. Please help me!!!

GiulianoBasso, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Black Screen when playing games - W10Pro

Black Screen Crash, Audio Still Plays

Hi,

For us to ensure that we are on the same page, please provide us with the following information below:

• Did you make any changes prior to this happening?
    • Were you able to check the VGA or all the cables connected from your PC? It is best that the cables are properly and finger tight connected.
    • When you said that you have performed rebooting the PC, did this happen again?
    To troubleshoot on your concern with Black Screen encounter, kindly follow the steps indicated on the article below:

We found a helpful link that you may bookmark on your browser as future reference related to your issue, click
    here. Refer on the post of
    Praveen Veerapur.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Barbara Cue, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

Black Screen when playing games - W10Pro

1. Black Screen when playing games - W10Pro - Similar Threads - Black Screen playing

2. Screen goes black when playing a game on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black when playing a game on pc: Hi,I’ve recently build a pc for my little brother and I’m having some issues. Whenever he starts to try to play fortnite, the screen goes black and says “no video entry” and then “entering sleep mode”. The parts are the following :AMD Ryzen 5 4500XTX RADEON RX 580 GTS XXX...
  3. Black Screen of Death when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen of Death when playing games: Hello, I need some help after it happens for months and I still haven't found a proper fix for it yet.So when I play some certain games, the game will freeze after a while and the monitor will lost the connection and turned on Power Saving Mode, sometimes the pc will restart...
  4. Black Screen of Death when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen of Death when playing games: Hello, I need some help after it happens for months and I still haven't found a proper fix for it yet.So when I play some certain games, the game will freeze after a while and the monitor will lost the connection and turned on Power Saving Mode, sometimes the pc will restart...
  5. Black Screen of Death when playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. screen going black when playing games

screen going black when playing games: screen keeps going black playing games roblox,minecraft,valorant ive asked this before an d got no help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-going-black-when-playing-games/2d1976c0-7fe0-45ba-8a8b-8911f2df4db8
  7. Black screen of death when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen of death when playing games: Hello guys, When I play any game (World War Z, Rainbow Six Siege, Wolfenstein Youngblood, and Far Cry 3), I got the black screen of death. I thought it was a cutscene, but my monitor says "NO SIGNAL". After that, I have to restart my computer with the power button. I am so...
  8. Black screen appear when playing game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen appear when playing game: When I play Minecraft, Horizon Zero Dawn,... I tested all of my games. Like 20 games But they all have the same issue, black screen. Back to 2 days ago, I received an update for Windows 10 Pro. My PC still fine. I got GTX 1060 6GB VRAM, up-to-dated. I updated all of my...
  9. Black Screen when loading or playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen when loading or playing games: I have had a pc for a few months now and haven't had many problems. But a couple nights ago I started to get a black screen when playing games. I ignored it at first but then it got worse and I couldn't even load up a game. I factory reset my pc and tried to play a game again...
  10. Black screen when playing games on fullscreen.

Black screen when playing games on fullscreen.: Hi, i ve recently bought a new PC and i can t play the games in fullscreen becouse of random blackscreens.I get these blackscreen whenever the frames are changing too much (going into inventory/menu/options/in match) PC SPEC: Ryzen 5 2600 RX 580 8GB VRAM 8GB RAM 600W...